KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Call of Duty: Black Ops II

Call of Duty: Black Ops II
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Casper Whitey
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dadudemon
That's if you have a concussion grenade equipped at the time and if you die, if you have a concussion grenade class even made.
Why would anyone run around with not at least one concussion or flash? Stupid.

quote:
I disagree. Not only are they better, they are much much better. And they do not camp twice as much: probably half as much.

Not from what I see. I always do better in HC. Why? Dunno, guess some people are better when there is no permanent radar involved.

quote:
You have that wrong. It takes 2-4 bullets to kill in HC.

Lol wut? The FAL takes two shots to kill in core. SMG's take 3-4 to kill in Core. The B23R kills with a three round burst in Core.

Hardcore? Look:

Dude is using a suppressed PDW and at 1:01 he gets a one shot kill. Right after, he gets a two shot kill at farther range. You can tell by the hit markers. First kill has one hit marker, second kill has two hit markers.

quote:
Maybe that is what you do in Hardcore but hardly any players camp in Hardcore when I play it.
It makes camping easier, dude. You can't tell where campers are with no radar.

quote:
And this is not true because you've told me otherwise.
No, that's exactly what I told you earlier, to the letter.

quote:
[b]I agree, partially, but not fully. They prestige so quickly because they literally play 8-10 hours a day. [/0B]
And when there is an XPx2 event, they play twice as much.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2013 03:00 PM
Casper Whitey is currently offline Click here to Send Casper Whitey a Private Message Find more posts by Casper Whitey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Casper Whitey
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by BackFire
It seems pretty difficult to really camp in this game. There are usually so many avenues leading into various chokepoints/rooms that camping in the same spot for long periods of time seems to end up being self defeating in the long run. People get wise to you sitting in the same spot and just start walking into a room knowing you'll be there.

I think people need to start defining what exactly they mean by 'camping'. Does camping these days simply mean holding a position for a few minutes before moving on? Or does it mean sitting in the same spot for the entire game (this is the meaning that I always think of)? It seems like COD players get pissed at anyone who doesn't sprint around the map like a headless chicken at all times.

Camping: Sitting in one spot waiting for people to pass by, usually a dark corner.

Just ask DDM. He camps with an LMG w/target finder (ultimate noob attachment.)

Old Post Jan 8th, 2013 03:02 PM
Casper Whitey is currently offline Click here to Send Casper Whitey a Private Message Find more posts by Casper Whitey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Casper Whitey
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Darth Vicious
In my case in one particular game, at least 3 people from the other team kept going to the same room/building during the whole game. We found them there, kill them, move on and a few seconds later they would go back to the same room/building. That's camping.
There was a guy camping in the washateria on Slums the other day. He got me twice, then I finally got him. As I exited the room, he killed me from behind. ****er had laid a tac insert in the corner. So I go back to the room, flash it, kill him, then go outside and aim through the door waiting for him to pop up again. He did, laid a tac insert, I killed him. He did this like 6 times in a row and I killed him every time, lol.

Thought I'd share that.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2013 03:14 PM
General G
Canadian.

Originally posted by General G
I'm running through this campaign on veteran on my first playthrough and the levels are not an issue, but I got to the whole base defence part and the first three times I tried it, I didn't make it past the 7 minute mark (and that's 7 minutes left, not 7 minutes in). The best I've done is 2 minutes remaining, which is terribly frustrating.

I was wondering if anybody had any tips or advice on how to do this? I could really use it.

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post Jan 8th, 2013 07:34 PM
General G is currently offline Click here to Send General G a Private Message Find more posts by General G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Casper Whitey
Restricted

Account Restricted

Try on an easier level first, maybe?

Old Post Jan 8th, 2013 07:51 PM
dadudemon

Originally posted by Casper Whitey
Why would anyone run around with not at least one concussion or flash? Stupid.

Why would anyone run around with a wasted slot on concussion grenades? Stupid.

Not from what I see. I always do better in HC. Why? Dunno, guess some people are better when there is no permanent radar involved.

Again, these are lies. You've told me otherwise.

Lol wut? The FAL takes two shots to kill in core. SMG's take 3-4 to kill in Core. The B23R kills with a three round burst in Core.

Hardcore? Look:

Dude is using a suppressed PDW and at 1:01 he gets a one shot kill. Right after, he gets a two shot kill at farther range. You can tell by the hit markers. First kill has one hit marker, second kill has two hit markers.

Couple of things:

On average, it takes 2-4 shots to kill someone in hardcore, depending on the gun. You can get weapons that have really high damage that will kill someone in 1 shot like a sniper rifle or shotgun. Any LMG or SMG will not 1-hit kill, period, in HC unless you make a headshot. Here is how the damage works: limbs talk half as much damage as torso shots. So if you shoot someone in the arm 4 times with, say, the MSMC, it will take 4 shots. With the HAMR, with FMJ, it will take 2 shots.

Also, in your video, it took 2 shots. smile Also, if you believe it took only 1 shot, then we can assume that person had taken damage already rather than the fail idea that a PDW can one hit kill, non-headshots, in HC. smile

It makes camping easier, dude. You can't tell where campers are with no radar.

Yeah, who ever heard of watching what was on the screen and listening to direction of sounds.

No, that's exactly what I told you earlier, to the letter.

Sure, later, after you contradicted yourself, you then started singing a different tune. Doesn't matter what you say: you've already said you got your ass handed to you many games and you said you could not run and gun like you usually do so you hated playing HC. No matter how many times you lie about it, now, you're stuck with admitting that to me in the past.

And when there is an XPx2 event, they play twice as much.

Uh huh...no. They don't. They play just the same.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2013 02:01 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Just ask DDM. He camps with an LMG w/target finder (ultimate noob attachment.)

You left out a very important detail: on Yemen.

I use that setup on Yemen.

Most maps I use the Vector K10 with the following attachments:

FMJ, Laser Sight, Reflex Sight.

And the following Perks:

Slot 1: Ghost
Slot 2: Cold Blooded.
Slot 3: Dexterity

Lethal: Bouncy Betty or Semtex grenade.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2013 02:07 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Casper Whitey
Restricted

Account Restricted

Why would anyone run around with a wasted slot on concussion grenades? Stupid.
To stun enemies? For room entry? I carry at least one concussion on each of my classes and it always pays off.

quote:
Again, these are lies. You've told me otherwise.
Sure I did.

quote:
Couple of things:

On average, it takes 2-4 shots to kill someone in hardcore, depending on the gun.
Not 4. Where do you get this info? 1-2 most of the time.

quote:
You can get weapons that have really high damage that will kill someone in 1 shot like a sniper rifle or shotgun. Any LMG or SMG will not 1-hit kill, period, in HC unless you make a headshot.
The vid I posted is full of the guy getting 2 hit kills with an SMG, babe. And not all of them are headshots. What we see>>>>>What you think.

quote:
Here is how the damage works: limbs talk half as much damage as torso shots. So if you shoot someone in the arm 4 times with, say, the MSMC, it will take 4 shots. With the HAMR, with FMJ, it will take 2 shots.
Is that right, Treyarch? Link to prove this.

quote:
Also, in your video, it took 2 shots. smile Also, if you believe it took only 1 shot, then we can assume that person had taken damage already rather than the fail idea that a PDW can one hit kill, non-headshots, in HC. smile
First kill was one shot and there was no one near the guy, he was at full health. Second was a two shot kill, same thing.

quote:
Yeah, who ever heard of watching what was on the screen and listening to direction of sounds.
You do know that if someone is camping, staying still in Blackops 2, that they show up on radar? Even if wearing Ghost?

quote:
Sure, later, after you contradicted yourself, you then started singing a different tune. Doesn't matter what you say: you've already said you got your ass handed to you many games and you said you could not run and gun like you usually do so you hated playing HC. No matter how many times you lie about it, now, you're stuck with admitting that to me in the past.

I told you that my play is inconsistent. I'll go 20-1, then turn around and go 6-10. Then a 30-10, then a few games later 10-17.

On HC, I told you that once I realized there is more camping, I slowed down my playstyle and did better. The "ass handing" was when I ran around like an idiot.

quote:
Uh huh...no. They don't. They play just the same.
Oh God, stop talking. You know nothing of Blackops. Hell, you don't even know the names of the maps or the weapons. You didn't even know what a wild card was last time we talked.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2013 02:14 PM
dadudemon

To stun enemies? For room entry? I carry at least one concussion on each of my classes and it always pays off.

What a waste: all the space and you could have used it for something more useful.

Sure I did.

I accept your concession.

Not 4. Where do you get this info? 1-2 most of the time.

Try it. Get someone from your clan to allow you to shoot them in the arms or legs. Grab an average sub-machine gun (not one with high attack). Be sure to put it on select fire. Then watch as it takes 4 shots to kill the person. Enjoy being wrong. smile

The vid I posted is full of the guy getting 2 hit kills with an SMG, babe. And not all of them are headshots. What we see>>>>>What you think.

I only have experience which is obviously correct and yours wrong.

I said 2-4 shots. You agree. Concession accepted.

I said 2-4 shots.

You said:

"HC is not harder as far as skill goes, in fact it's easier. Why? Because it takes only one bullet to kill instead of 3-4."

To which I replied:

"It takes 2-4 bullets to kill in HC."

Is that right, Treyarch? Link to prove this.

No you: I have experience and your video proves me right and you wrong. You already proved yourself wrong. No need for me to do anything else. smile

First kill was one shot and there was no one near the guy, he was at full health. Second was a two shot kill, same thing.

Prove that the guy had no damage. Oh, wait, you can't.

You do know that if someone is camping, staying still in Blackops 2, that they show up on radar? Even if wearing Ghost?

You do know that when I use ghost, I run around the map, constantly, so that Ghost works, right? Oh, right, you did know that. But you're pretending I said I do something I don't and you pretend I camp the whole time I play because I have a better Kill to Death ratio than you. Jealous and mad, bro? smile Don't worry about making yourself feel better: I'm just a better player...pretending I camp doesn't change that.

I told you that my play is inconsistent. I'll go 20-1, then turn around and go 6-10. Then a 30-10, then a few games later 10-17.

No, you told me that you consistently got your ass handed to you in HC and whined about the radar. Then you changed your tune when I reminded you that you were getting your ass handed to you. Magically, you improved vastly and hardly ever dropped below 1.0.

Now you're saying you vary wildly. So which is it? That you owned, got your ass handed to you, owned again, or varying all over the place? You have 4 different versions, now.

On HC, I told you that once I realized there is more camping, I slowed down my playstyle and did better. The "ass handing" was when I ran around like an idiot.

Yeah, you told me that after I told you to stop running around like an idiot. You tried to pass it off as your own idea. Don't remember raging at me because I said I camp like a mo-fo on Yemen? Yes, yes you do remember because you brought it up in the thread earlier by saying I camp with a target finder.

And we are back to another version: you now admit that you got your ass handed to you.

Oh God, stop talking. You know nothing of Blackops. Hell, you don't even know the names of the maps or the weapons. You didn't even know what a wild card was last time we talked.

Just because I have a mental handicap (name blindness is a real condition) does not mean I know nothing. Now I am an expert. I accidentally committed the proper names to memory and I can be considered an expert.

Go ahead: test me. You'll find that you won't be able to stump me on the weapons, maps, or perks.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2013 11:35 AM
Darth Vicious

There was a guy camping in the washateria on Slums the other day. He got me twice, then I finally got him. As I exited the room, he killed me from behind. ****er had laid a tac insert in the corner. So I go back to the room, flash it, kill him, then go outside and aim through the door waiting for him to pop up again. He did, laid a tac insert, I killed him. He did this like 6 times in a row and I killed him every time, lol.

Thought I'd share that.

Nice. Nothing better than to ruin campers.

Anyways, after playing the game some more, I've stayed away from FFA and TDM. It seems campers are more prevalent there (at least for me). Sticking with objective playlists for now. While there are still campers here and there, is not as bad.

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2013 11:34 PM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Darth Vicious
Nice. Nothing better than to ruin campers.

Anyways, after playing the game some more, I've stayed away from FFA and TDM. It seems campers are more prevalent there (at least for me). Sticking with objective playlists for now. While there are still campers here and there, is not as bad.

I love Free For All. I do the best, there. I don't camp, either.

My aim really sucks because using a joystick to aim is ultra unnatural for me. But the only advantage I have is getting the drop and reflexes...so I do better in FFA than all other game modes.

Debate time: is it cheating to use a keyboard and mouse? I was thinking about getting the XIM or whatever thing because my aim sucks so bad with a controller. I am primarily a PC gamer. Some say that you should use whatever is the most natural for you. Some say you should use the tool that game was designed to use. Personally, I feel my aim sucks so bad that it would not give me an unfair advantage over the other players. Instead of 12-16, I would be 16-12. At least I think that's the case. I notice I lose almost all gun duels (where both players see each other at the same time...roughly...and start firing). This tells me I am a disadvantage because I am used to aiming with a mouse. I played a lot of Skyrim, Fallout 3/NV, and Borderlands. Many many many hours on those 3 games on PC. My aim...just does not work unless I have a mouse.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2013 02:49 PM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Play the game at your best. That means use the mouse and keyboard. Screw dem people that think its cheating.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Jan 12th, 2013 07:07 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

It's just as much a "cheat" as me using a joystick for Star Wars: The Old Republic because I'm more comfortable with a controller than a mouse and keyboard.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2013 10:50 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Originally posted by Zack Fair
Play the game at your best. That means use the mouse and keyboard. Screw dem people that think its cheating.

This.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2013 10:57 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I love Free For All. I do the best, there. I don't camp, either.

My aim really sucks because using a joystick to aim is ultra unnatural for me. But the only advantage I have is getting the drop and reflexes...so I do better in FFA than all other game modes.

Debate time: is it cheating to use a keyboard and mouse? I was thinking about getting the XIM or whatever thing because my aim sucks so bad with a controller. I am primarily a PC gamer. Some say that you should use whatever is the most natural for you. Some say you should use the tool that game was designed to use. Personally, I feel my aim sucks so bad that it would not give me an unfair advantage over the other players. Instead of 12-16, I would be 16-12. At least I think that's the case. I notice I lose almost all gun duels (where both players see each other at the same time...roughly...and start firing). This tells me I am a disadvantage because I am used to aiming with a mouse. I played a lot of Skyrim, Fallout 3/NV, and Borderlands. Many many many hours on those 3 games on PC. My aim...just does not work unless I have a mouse.

It's absolutely not cheating. Anyone who gives you shit about doing that is just a poor sport making excuses. They have the same options of using a keyboard and mouse as you do.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2013 12:57 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

I really wish I could do the same thing with PC's tbh, I would if I could.

I'm way better with a controller than I am with a mouse on shooters, so I'd like to use one of those PC 360 controllers when I play Planetside 2 and stuff. The problem though is that, from what I understand, controllers only work on the console because of the aim assist- turn it off and your reticule's going all over the place. So since PC versions of games don't have aim assist, I wouldn't gain much of an advantage. Conversely though, you can turn off aim-assist on most console games, so if you're better with a mouse I say go for it.

edit- Not really relevant, but my Dad has the same problem- he sucks with a controller, lol. The problem is that he sucks with a mouse too, he prefers to play with joysticks, and that's so outdated that he ends up just not playing games much anymore. LOL

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jan 13th, 2013 01:13 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Controller or Keyboard and mouse doesn't really bother me which one really

i'm fairly good on both.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2013 02:24 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by KingD19
It's just as much a "cheat" as me using a joystick for Star Wars: The Old Republic because I'm more comfortable with a controller than a mouse and keyboard.

That was my justification, as well. Some people play PC games with Xbox 360 and Dual Shock controllers. They feel more comfortable using those and they do better on the PC games with those.

Originally posted by BackFire
It's absolutely not cheating. Anyone who gives you shit about doing that is just a poor sport making excuses. They have the same options of using a keyboard and mouse as you do.

I thought about that. That is probably why they give me shit...they just fear losing the advantage they have over me: tens of thousands of hours in FPS games playing with the Dual Shock or 360 controllers.

Thinking about it...I may very well have thousands of hours logged on PC FPS type games. Also, if you consider all of the 90s...
you have to consider game franchises like Wolfenstein, Doom, Blake Stone, and Hexen.

I did log tons of time on Goldeneye 007 on the N64...

Last edited by dadudemon on Jan 13th, 2013 at 10:12 PM

Old Post Jan 13th, 2013 10:02 PM
FistOfThe North

Does anyone here play pc blops 2 online. if so, if you want, you can add me.

I have a 1.16 k/d ratio.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Jan 17th, 2013 12:21 AM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

If you're on Xbox Live, my gamer tag is DAJUGGMAN.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2013 03:06 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote