KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Call of Duty: Black Ops II

Call of Duty: Black Ops II
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 3 4 [5]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
FistOfThe North

yea, i'm only on pc.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Jan 17th, 2013 04:19 AM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I've been playing this one a surprising amount. Usually I just play the campaign, and a couple hours of multiplayer and then I'm done, at least since MW2, which I put a bit more time in. But I'm really enjoying Blops 2 MP.

The new pick 10 system is really fun, and all the maps seem very solid for the most part. I've already played this one more than any other COD game. I've never actually prestiged in a COD game before, but I'm going to with this one.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2013 01:15 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

What about the game has appealed to you so much that you're drawn to it more than the other cod games? I haven't played bo2 yet, not sure I want too unless it'd a breathe of fresh air for the series.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Feb 7th, 2013 01:20 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Well, I played COD4 and MW2 till around level 35, then I just got bored. MW2 had that dumb noobtube thing that kinda ruined the game. And with MW3 I couldn't get into because there seemed to be problems with regularly spawning near enemies and dying as a result.

In Blops 2 I feel that the spawning is good, and the maps are all a good balance of allowing slight camping, but not like MW2 where you could camp in the same spot for literally the whole match. All the camp spots have multiple routes to enter them so it's kinda hard to hold them for really long periods of time. Also SMG's are very good guns, so a lot of people use them and as a result they move around and rush a lot. There's just a good balance in most games of people camping a bit, and people rushing. It makes the gameplay feel more dynamic and varied.

Also, like I said, I really like the new pick 10 system. It allows for a level of customization and experimentation that the prior games didn't really give. I also like that kill streaks are now score streaks, and they seem to be a little more difficult to get. I believe before you could get a UAV with 3 kills. Now it takes 4 or 5.

Mostly little things, and a big part of it may be that I haven't really put significant time into Blops 1 and MW3 mp, so it's a bit more fresh than it otherwise would be. But I'm really having fun with it so far.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2013 01:28 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scarlet Fox
Gun Slinger

I enjoy Black Ops II myself but I have had frequent issues with Spawn killing. Like I will spawn after a Spawn flip but there is still enemy players in the area and I get shot right away. Like in Hijacked, The boat map which is my fav one, I will spawn and then get shot by a guy camping in the above cabin.

On a plus side I LOVE Zombies. Props to thge 'Tombstone' perk which allows you to retrieve your stuff, Perks and Weapons, if you die. Of course you need to buy Tombstone again after but at least you dont need to spend 5500+ on Jugg, weapons, ect.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2013 10:43 PM
Scarlet Fox is currently offline Click here to Send Scarlet Fox a Private Message Find more posts by Scarlet Fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Just bought this game for the PS3 (I had been playing it for the 360).

I must say, everything is better in PS3. The players are better, the Frame Rate never slows down, it is faster to get into games (no constant popping in and out of players like on 360...people sit still, longer, which allows the games to start faster), and far less rage quitting (which causes game delays due to host migrations). Overall, it is a much smoother and less frustrating experience on PS3.

Add in that PSN is free....and I feel really really dumb for getting this game on 360.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2013 12:27 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

I've never encountered any frame rate slowdown on the 360 with this game.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2013 09:38 PM
dadudemon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BackFire
I've never encountered any frame rate slowdown on the 360 with this game.

Play some ground war.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2013 08:18 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Maybe I will!

Old Post Feb 12th, 2013 09:28 AM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Originally posted by dadudemon
Just bought this game for the PS3 (I had been playing it for the 360).

I must say, everything is better in PS3. The players are better, the Frame Rate never slows down, it is faster to get into games (no constant popping in and out of players like on 360...people sit still, longer, which allows the games to start faster), and far less rage quitting (which causes game delays due to host migrations). Overall, it is a much smoother and less frustrating experience on PS3.

Add in that PSN is free....and I feel really really dumb for getting this game on 360.
How are the players better?

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Feb 13th, 2013 03:50 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Zack Fair

Because they are not worse or the same?

Old Post Feb 15th, 2013 04:29 AM
Scarlet Fox
Gun Slinger

Originally posted by Zack Fair

Old Post Feb 15th, 2013 09:23 PM
Scarlet Fox is currently offline Click here to Send Scarlet Fox a Private Message Find more posts by Scarlet Fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote