KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Movie Juggernaut Vs Thor

Movie Juggernaut Vs Thor
Started by: Prep-Man

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Newjak
It says no force on Earth has been known to stop him.

So what is your argument, Thor isn't from Earth? Please, way to read between the lines.

Lets roll with that for a moment, no force on Earth - that means not even thousands of kilometers of titanium, or a nuclear explosion, or pretty much any other "earthly" object or forces you can think of which far surpasses what Thor can dish out.

And after he was trapped he couldn't free himself.

Yes because he couldn't gain momentum, what's your point?

He didn't show anything close to the level of power Thor/Hulk did.

What don't you understand about his powerset? It far surpasses that of Hulk or Thor. The fact that there wasn't a challenge great enough to show the extent of his unstoppable force doesn't negate or reduce his clearly defined powers. And as I said, Thor couldn't have replicated Juggernaut's feats.

Old Post May 8th, 2012 02:34 PM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

Originally posted by juggerman
So if Thor is in the air what is that Juggy gonna do? Run around in circles all day? He will stop eventually and Thor would then pound his face off or BFR him.

Or Thor could cause the ground break apart via a "ground pound" and without stable footing Juggs stumbles and falls allowing Thor to "Hammer Time" imposter Juggernaut into oblivion

I didn't say Juggernaut would win, I just really dislike the way Juggernaut is being low-balled because the film "sucked" or how he was portrayed "sucked". I was responding to comments regarding how Juggernaut isn't powerful and how he would be beat by a single strike, and similar rubbish.

Old Post May 8th, 2012 02:37 PM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggerman

What you think he can accomplish and what he has shown are two different things.

If Juggs was so strong then when he punched Wolverine during their fight he should have gone flying (i.e. Hulk vs Thor or Thor vs Ironman where they were all sending eachother flying with their hits).

And if his strength comes from his momentum like you seem to be saying then he is nowhere near as strong as Hulk or Thor since without momentum either one of them could have busted out of those restraints.

So all Thor has to do is wait for Juggy to stop or cause him to fall like i stated earlier and then Juggs is basically powerless and at Thors mercy.

I am a huge Juggernaut fan and if this were comics id give it to Juggs 11/10 but the movie version was just terrible when compared to the real Juggernaut. As a stand alone he wasnt too bad tho

"I'M THE JUGGERMAN B!TCH"

Old Post May 8th, 2012 02:44 PM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

What you think he can accomplish and what he has shown are two different things.

Not what I think, what was stated in the film and what was shown.

If Juggs was so strong then when he punched Wolverine during their fight he should have gone flying (i.e. Hulk vs Thor or Thor vs Ironman where they were all sending eachother flying with their hits).

Yes that was a low-showing for him. BTW I've never mentioned his strength. This takes nothing away from his invulnerability, which has been the focus of this discussion.

And if his strength comes from his momentum like you seem to be saying then he is nowhere near as strong as Hulk or Thor since without momentum either one of them could have busted out of those restraints.

Fair statement, but we don't know what the metals/technologies were that held him in place. But note although he is strong, his power isn't "strength" its "unstoppability" and invulnerability by extension.

So all Thor has to do is wait for Juggy to stop or cause him to fall like i stated earlier and then Juggs is basically powerless and at Thors mercy.

Incorrect, Juggernaut couldn't break out of his prison because he was completely immobilized to stop him from gaining ANY momentum. Simply standing still would not prevent him using his powers.

Take a look here:

Watch the whole video but pay attention to 0:10. He is phased into the ground, meaning he is idle, but he can still move and thus his powers are still active and he can bust out. Also quite a durability feat as anyone else should've died being phased into solid objects.

I don't see Thor busting into that prison the way Juggernaut did, the whole island is shaking in his wake (0:14). Also I don't think Thor would've been able to bust out after being phased into the ground (if he survives) in the way Juggernaut did.

As a side note, I found it particularly badass how Dark Phoenix actually takes note of him when he moves into action (0:14), like she recognises this guy is a legitimate powerhouse. That's just my interpretation though.

I am a huge Juggernaut fan and if this were comics id give it to Juggs 11/10 but the movie version was just terrible when compared to the real Juggernaut. As a stand alone he wasnt too bad tho

He is no comic juggernaut, but his powerset still makes him a formidable force, he isn't getting one-shotted by anyone, especially not when his unstoppability is active.

Last edited by Placidity on May 8th, 2012 at 03:00 PM

Old Post May 8th, 2012 02:57 PM
juggerman

UNSTOPPABILITY AND INVULNERABILITY ARE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT!!!!

Tho after reading your well thought out explaination i have to agree with you completely.

Well played.

Old Post May 8th, 2012 03:03 PM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
D-Block

I hate how they forgot where Juggernaut power came from in that movie.

Old Post May 8th, 2012 03:03 PM
D-Block is currently offline Click here to Send D-Block a Private Message Find more posts by D-Block Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggerman

Well they had to make him a mutant since explaining his power might have been too much to do plus it would have taken away from the dreadful storyline

Old Post May 8th, 2012 03:07 PM
D-Block

Well they had to make him a mutant since explaining his power might have been too much to do plus it would have taken away from the dreadful storyline

true

Old Post May 8th, 2012 03:12 PM
D-Block is currently offline Click here to Send D-Block a Private Message Find more posts by D-Block Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Reacting2
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Placidity
Nothing to suggest Juggs isn't highly invulnerable. In fact the fact he is unstoppable once in motion does mean he is invulnerable when in motion. Kinda pointless debate.
thats true, just as when flash is at super speeds.

Old Post May 8th, 2012 04:09 PM
Reacting2 is currently offline Click here to Send Reacting2 a Private Message Find more posts by Reacting2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gogogadgetgo

Nothing to suggest Juggs isn't highly invulnerable. In fact the fact he is unstoppable once in motion does mean he is invulnerable when in motion. Kinda pointless debate.

only problem is, he got caught. how? who knows, but still, he got caught.

also, we go by feats, and he did nothing that would suggest that he could survive a strike from thor. goes both ways.

if you want to go the implied shit, then fury said that they were working on a nuke type weapon using the teserak because of Thor. take note, because of Thor, they viewed him as one hell of a threat that hey needed to try and develop a nuke type weapon just to take on Thor. That would imply that Thor is the greatest threat that they have evern encountered prior to the alien invasion.

Take note, Thor and no little pussy mutant, Thor.

Old Post May 8th, 2012 05:17 PM
gogogadgetgo is currently offline Click here to Send gogogadgetgo a Private Message Find more posts by gogogadgetgo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dream Stuff

Not what I think, what was stated in the film and what was shown.

The data on Jugs said something like "no power on Earth can stop him" right? So what? You really take some hearsay one character reads about another as proof that Jugg's power has no limits? That's not wise.

Look instead at what he actually did. True, we never saw his upper limit, but we have to judge him by what we can prove. He showed some strength and some durability. Neither of which matches Thor's ability to tank and dish out. This is based on what we actually see on screen, not heresay.

quote:
Also quite a durability feat as anyone else should've died being phased into solid objects.

We don't know that phasing works like that the X-men films. If it did, even after he busted out, his legs and arms should still be part concrete, after all.

quote:
he isn't getting one-shotted by anyone, especially not when his unstoppability is active.

Even if "unstoppability" is in fact a superpower with no limits and not just a hyperbolic description with only low-end feats to back if up, what's stopping Thor from hitting him in whatever direction Jugg's is already moving? He doesn't have to "stop" Juggs, just knock him out. If Jugg's body continues to move after he's lost consciousness, I don't think Thor will mind.

Last edited by Dream Stuff on May 8th, 2012 at 08:20 PM

Old Post May 8th, 2012 08:18 PM
Dream Stuff is currently offline Click here to Send Dream Stuff a Private Message Find more posts by Dream Stuff Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blight
Less than Newbie

Juggernaut technically hasn't been struck by lightning and has no feats to prove he would survive or not survive it. Basically everyone is arguing based on Opinion rather than Evidence.

My OPINION is Thor would take him out. This is based on the fact that Thor has delt out far more than I saw Juggernaut weather. Whether Juggernaut is ACTUALLY invulnerable whilst in motion is up for Debate, unfortunately that debate will never have an end.

-_-

Old Post May 8th, 2012 09:26 PM
Blight is currently offline Click here to Send Blight a Private Message Find more posts by Blight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Probably won't count. But in a deleted scene, Wolverine stabbed Jugg's helmet and had Storm hit them with a lightning bolt. Juggernaut fell out.

Old Post May 8th, 2012 09:28 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raptor22

Wasn't juggernauts "no force on earth can stop him when hes in motion" proved wrong when he was running at Kitty and the bald kid and he robbed juggs of his powers and he hit the wall. Wouldn't the bald kid count as a force on earth that can stop him even when hes in motion.

Old Post May 8th, 2012 09:44 PM
Raptor22 is currently offline Click here to Send Raptor22 a Private Message Find more posts by Raptor22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

As a mutant, Juggernaut had his powers drained by Leech. Any other time he was unstoppable, but Leech basically turned people human.

Old Post May 8th, 2012 09:53 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blight
Less than Newbie

Originally posted by KingD19
As a mutant, Juggernaut had his powers drained by Leech. Any other time he was unstoppable, but Leech basically turned people human.
His point is it is a "Force On Earth."

-_-

Old Post May 8th, 2012 09:54 PM
Blight is currently offline Click here to Send Blight a Private Message Find more posts by Blight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Movie Juggernaut is weaksauce.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post May 8th, 2012 09:56 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

Originally posted by gogogadgetgo

if you want to go the implied shit

No, not implied. Directly stated. Based on what we know about the comic version, and the powers shown and stated on the film, I find it amazing how people can assert otherwise without ANY evidence, but just their biased opinions. The tactics and flawed logic used is just sad.

Old Post May 9th, 2012 04:02 AM