KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Dead Space 3

Dead Space 3
Started by: Phanteros

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

They feel more like 'Aliens' to me with this these games, Creeping around and then something jumps out that wants to rip you apart.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2013 11:53 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

That's a good point.

It's exciting and terrifying at the same time. I remember playing Dead Space 2 and it was just a massive thrill ride. It might not be "scary" but still damn intense.

My favourite sequences was going back to the old ship in the first game. It was a fantastic chapter, especially when you saw it being refurbished and some of the damage from the first game still present. It was just awesome.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2013 04:20 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

That DLC that's planned they're saying its going to be the most disturbing content

quote:
"In Dead Space 3 Awakened, gamers will experience some of the most disturbing content they have ever seen in a Dead Space game. They are going to love it," said Visceral Games boss Steve Papoutsis.

Meanwhile, EA adds that the DLC will feature the franchise's "darkest chapters as the Necromorph battles become even more gruesome and terrifying than ever before."

Old Post Feb 6th, 2013 01:43 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scarlet Fox
Gun Slinger

Isnt Dead Space 3 out? Anyone play it yet? I played the Demo only.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2013 10:47 PM
Scarlet Fox is currently offline Click here to Send Scarlet Fox a Private Message Find more posts by Scarlet Fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Scarlet Fox
Isnt Dead Space 3 out? Anyone play it yet? I played the Demo only.

Dead Space 3 was out for like 2 days now.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2013 11:10 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scarlet Fox
Gun Slinger

I figured as much. have you played it yet?

Old Post Feb 7th, 2013 11:30 PM
Scarlet Fox is currently offline Click here to Send Scarlet Fox a Private Message Find more posts by Scarlet Fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Originally posted by Scarlet Fox
I figured as much. have you played it yet?

Yeah, I'm almost halfway through the game.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2013 01:47 AM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I've been playing it too

i like how they've put the people with guns in the game with them being Unitologist people that want Isaac dead

those optional objectives are pretty good too rather then just sticking to a linear path just for the games story.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2013 05:30 AM
Impediment
Endless

I still haven't bought it yet. Work has been hellish lately and I won't have much spare time to absorb myself into it

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Feb 8th, 2013 02:54 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

With this installment it feels more like a survival horror to me, how you have to craft your own weapons and items with resources that you find.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2013 01:24 AM
FinalAnswer
Flower

Except the game already generously supplies you with medipacks and ammo so you'll never have to run out. <3

Howdy!

Old Post Feb 9th, 2013 01:36 AM
FinalAnswer is currently offline Click here to Send FinalAnswer a Private Message Find more posts by FinalAnswer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Not like that's going to save you when you get to a moment, Where you have to deal with some of those regenerating necromorphs along other creatures.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2013 01:43 AM
FinalAnswer
Flower

You had to deal with that in Dead Space 1 and 2, except you didn't have an inventory maxed out in medi-packs, ensuring you can't die, and a single ammo pool all your weapons can use.

Howdy!

Old Post Feb 9th, 2013 01:49 AM
FinalAnswer is currently offline Click here to Send FinalAnswer a Private Message Find more posts by FinalAnswer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Ending of dead space 3 is kinda dissapointing, the game itself was also slightly so...I could say maybe I expected too much from it...but I was soooo excited for dead space 2 and that didn't dissapoint, 3 kinda did but I had some moment in it

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Feb 12th, 2013 06:35 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by FinalAnswer
You had to deal with that in Dead Space 1 and 2, except you didn't have an inventory maxed out in medi-packs, ensuring you can't die, and a single ammo pool all your weapons can use.

i'm okay with the single ammo pool

seems like Visceral games could'eve spent a bit more time on the game, The crazy item drops might be good for Co-op not single player.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2013 05:17 AM
steverules_2

The game did seem rather generous with the amount of health and ammo that got dropped. I remember playing Dead space on normal and that was just...difficult as anything because I had next to no ammo...and the 'extremely hard' description said that there was less ammo when you played it on that so I haven't even tried it cause I'd barely end up getting through one chapter

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Feb 13th, 2013 10:50 AM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by steverules_2
The game did seem rather generous with the amount of health and ammo that got dropped. I remember playing Dead space on normal and that was just...difficult as anything because I had next to no ammo...and the 'extremely hard' description said that there was less ammo when you played it on that so I haven't even tried it cause I'd barely end up getting through one chapter

It was fairly easy for me on Normal with Dead Space 1.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2013 12:17 PM
Impediment
Endless

So far, Dead Space 3 is pretty amazing. The action is kinda lacking, thus far, but the overall atmosphere and story are absolutely captivating.

I especially love how the Unitologists have been turned into militant terrorists who even have suicide bombers that die for their religion. Now we truly have the right to call these Church of Unitology people "Marker Heads" and "Rock Worshippers".

It kinda makes you wonder if the Church of Scientology will ever go the "Jihadist" route for their cause.

I just started Chapter 13.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2013 01:12 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Tried out the co-op for this and good to see the Ping was good for it with people from another country.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2013 07:27 AM
Impediment
Endless

Does anyone know what chapter the Peng Trophy is in?

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2013 05:08 PM