KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Destiny

Destiny
Started by: Zack Fair

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (49): « First ... « 47 48 [49]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I was talking to a friend this Thanksgiving Weekend regarding Taken King and how it's not released as a separate DLC but required you to buy the full price game at 60 bucks.

Is that true?

Old Post Oct 12th, 2015 10:16 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

You can get Destiny, Dark Below, House of Wolves and Taken King for 60 bucks. You can also just get Taken King for 40.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Oct 12th, 2015 10:50 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Oh ok. I guess they were mistaken.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2015 11:24 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

They straight up ruined this game for returning players.

I was a guy transferring from PS3 to PS4 recently, haven't played it for a few months, figured I'd be alright and start levelling up again.

I'm level 25.

Every. Single. ****ing. Item. requires you to be level 40.

Want a Legendary? **** off, get your light up and then we'll talk.

I don't understand why they'd change the game like this. It ruins the game for returning players that are under level 26.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Nov 7th, 2015 12:47 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Zack Fair
You can get Destiny, Dark Below, House of Wolves and Taken King for 60 bucks. You can also just get Taken King for 40.
I fell for the expansion pass on launch day.

Cost me over $100, and certainly was not worth it.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2015 12:49 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by Jmanghan
They straight up ruined this game for returning players.

I was a guy transferring from PS3 to PS4 recently, haven't played it for a few months, figured I'd be alright and start levelling up again.

I'm level 25.

Every. Single. ****ing. Item. requires you to be level 40.

Want a Legendary? **** off, get your light up and then we'll talk.

I don't understand why they'd change the game like this. It ruins the game for returning players that are under level 26.

Those aren't the only issues Year 1 players face. Any legendary/exotic items you got before, are reduced down to 160 value at least and if you want your old gear to be as good prior to Year 2, you have to get etheric light and infuse shit. It's dumb.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2015 01:18 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Its not that bad.

Its natural for games like this to progress with new gear, or risk having the game run stale with the same guns 2 years in. This game is about playing with friends and searching for loot.

Honestly the game is a hell of a lot better than it was year 1.

I mean youre seriously annoyed because you need to be level 40? Just do some bounties and get up to level 40. Its not hard at all and can be done in a single day or 2. Legendaries drop a lot more, especially in the Heroic vanguard. playlists.

Most of the exotic guns can be achieved through quests which is great. As do a lot of great legendary guns which are awarded by completing quests.

You can buy Three of Coins to better the probability of getting exotic engrams.

Crucible is more balanced than ever. The new strikes are a lot more fun with raid-like mechanics. And the raid itself is amazingly fun.

The level 40 change doesn't really ruin the game. You just gotta be ready to grind up again. Part of the game really.

Infusion can be annoying, but its a lot better than just waiting for stupid RNG to decide to give you boots(cough Vault of Glass cough) and the infusion allows you to wear the armor you want to wear. Plus its great infusing duplicate armor to level up your alternates. Oh and Etheric light is not needed to infuse anything.

Last edited by Zack Fair on Nov 7th, 2015 at 05:06 PM

Old Post Nov 7th, 2015 04:58 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Nemesis X
Those aren't the only issues Year 1 players face. Any legendary/exotic items you got before, are reduced down to 160 value at least and if you want your old gear to be as good prior to Year 2, you have to get etheric light and infuse shit. It's dumb.
AND, thats with the Expansion Pass, Dark Below and House of Wolves, plus Vanguard Armory.

By the way, what the **** is silver? And why should I care that it exists.

At least beforehand, the grind was tolerable enough.

You could get Legendaries from a lot of places, like the crucible and such, and even then, the shop would usually scale to your level.

NOT ANYMORE!

Bungie has also actively stuck up for the game and defended it, which shows how far they've fallen.

I mean, the game itself, can be really fun, and the PVP is one of the best FPS PvP's ever.

Once you beat the main story, you lack motivation, besides a raid which you need to be a certain level to get to.

My point is. Beforehand, the grind was tolerable for pretty much everyone, and now you need to be an expert to figure out what the **** is going on.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2015 05:02 PM
Jmanghan

Its not that bad.

Its natural for games like this to progress with new gear, or risk having the game run stale with the same guns 2 years in. This game is about playing with friends and searching for loot.

Honestly the game is a hell of a lot better than it was year 1.

I mean youre seriously annoyed because you need to be level 40? Just do some bounties and get up to level 40. Its not hard at all and can be done in a single day or 2. Legendaries drop a lot more, especially in the Heroic vanguard. playlists.

Most of the exotic guns can be achieved through quests which is great.

You can buy Three of Coins to better the probability of getting exotic engrams.

Crucible is more balanced than ever. The new strikes are a lot more fun with raid-like mechanics.

The level 40 change doesn't really ruin the game. You just gotta be ready to grind up again. Part of the game really.
You're missing the point. I used to be able to go to shops, even after House of Wolves, and the shop would naturally scale to my level, now, the lowest gear I've seen in any store is 26, and thats WHITE gear.

EVERY. SINGLE. LEGENDARY is level 40.

Had a lot of strange coins, figured I'd go to Xur to get some awesome new exotics.

But what? You don't have any gear for me? Oh, I need to be level 40 for that too.

To play Destiny today, Taken King is almost required.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2015 05:06 PM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

I'm not missing the point. We all had to let go of our legendaries to use stronger white/green gear. Annoying, but really its nothing.

You need to level up to 40. It doesn't take much. Your one complain is having to play the game. LoL.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2015 05:08 PM
Jmanghan

I'm not missing the point. We all had to let go of our legendaries to use stronger white/green gear. Annoying, but really its nothing.

You need to level up to 40. It doesn't take much. Your one complain is having to play the game. LoL.
It takes a lot more then you'd think.

You are literally the only one I've seen that has zero problems with the game is now.

I could handle the old grind, but not this new grind, its just not fun for you to be forced into it.

I never did bounties anyway, usually leveled up through the classic crucible, but wouldn't ya know it, no one plays the classic crucible now.

Sat in a lobby for 20 minutes waiting for someone to join classic free-for-all.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2015 05:14 PM
Jmanghan

Also. "Annoying".

Yes, exactly. Don't change my game to something that I, and a lot of others dislike.

Cater to your fanbase instead of making the game more complicated.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2015 05:16 PM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Except the entire fanbase has approved of most of the changes and are mostly in agreement that it is indeed a far better game than it was before.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2015 05:54 PM
Jmanghan

Except the entire fanbase has approved of most of the changes and are mostly in agreement that it is indeed a far better game than it was before.
But what if you aren't someone who played Destiny all that much and doesn't have The Taken King.

It's a problem for returning players that are between Level 20-26.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2015 06:09 PM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

It really is not. If anything dropping year 1 guns for new ones is more frustrating for players who already had everything because we have grown used to these guns and it is kind of hard to let go.

All you need to do to level up is play the game and complete bounties. Collecting legendary marks is much more problematic at first.

About not having Taken King well I can't comment about that.

Last edited by Zack Fair on Nov 7th, 2015 at 07:25 PM

Old Post Nov 7th, 2015 07:20 PM