KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » Spectacular Spider-Man: Season 3

Spectacular Spider-Man: Season 3
Started by: Ledgic

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ledgic

Spectacular Spider-Man: Season 3

Say in an alternate universe, a third season of Spectacular Spider-Man continued.

Who would you like to appear/what would you like to see, and how would you write the episodes?

Old Post Jun 13th, 2012 04:42 AM
Ledgic is currently offline Click here to Send Ledgic a Private Message Find more posts by Ledgic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Well not gonna happen so no point dreaming about it.

We will however get a second season of the Ultimate Crap! Yay! Let's discuss how much worse it can get!

Old Post Jun 13th, 2012 12:29 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

How is that possible? Even less character development? Spider-man will spend 19 minutes of each episode talking directly to the camera? Even better - make a spin off cartoon with Nova and White Tiger as lead characters. Or always have the episodes plot revolve around team ups because apparently Spider-man as a character is too boring to keep watchers entertained. Also make all the characters (heroes/villains/supporting chars) even more boring and useless? Because it's been 10 episodes and I still can't force myself to give a rat's ass about this Parker and his problems. Just cancel it and bring back Spectacular SM. It had great stories, great characters (both main and supporting) and you actually wanted to know what's going to happen next.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Last edited by SamZED on Jun 13th, 2012 at 01:00 PM

Old Post Jun 13th, 2012 12:56 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

No spectacular Spiderman will never replace Ultimate. Because Ultimate has the full power of the Loeb Force! Spectacular can not compare to that!

I think in season 2 of Ulitmate (which is happening btw) it could top the first season by giving Aunt May superpowers and having her join Spidey's team.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2012 01:43 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ankur29
ankur

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SamZED
How is that possible? Even less character development? Spider-man will spend 19 minutes of each episode talking directly to the camera? Even better - make a spin off cartoon with Nova and White Tiger as lead characters. Or always have the episodes plot revolve around team ups because apparently Spider-man as a character is too boring to keep watchers entertained. Also make all the characters (heroes/villains/supporting chars) even more boring and useless? Because it's been 10 episodes and I still can't force myself to give a rat's ass about this Parker and his problems. Just cancel it and bring back Spectacular SM. It had great stories, great characters (both main and supporting) and you actually wanted to know what's going to happen next.

what Quesada said suprised me:

'Quesada tells TV Guide, “We loved the response from our hardcore Marvel fans. They really embraced the show and they got the word out in so many ways. It's been pretty overwhelming"

.... what hardcore fans like it?

Old Post Jun 14th, 2012 08:38 AM
ankur29 is currently offline Click here to Send ankur29 a Private Message Find more posts by ankur29 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ The 5 year old ones.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2012 11:23 AM
KCJ506

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SamZED
. Just cancel it and bring back Spectacular SM. It had great stories, great characters (both main and supporting) and you actually wanted to know what's going to happen next.

As I much as I would like this, it's highly unlikely. Even if it did come back it probably wouldn't be the same now that Disney/Marvel have the animation rights. And it's said that Jeph Loeb wants all the Marvel cartoons to be along the lines of Ultimate Spider-man. More focused on comedy and more simple for kids. No overarching story, no multiparters, and barely any continuity. It's said that this is how the upcoming Hulk cartoon will be.

Plus Greg Weisman is now doing Young Justice so he's unavailable. If they tried bringing it back without most of the original crew, the result would probably end up like Gargoyles The Goliath Chronicles.(another show Weisman worked on). And if the show was brought back, along with Weisman, I don't trust Marvel to back off and let him do what he wants. I strongly believe that it's the studio telling Paul Dini what to do with Ultimate Spider-man. Because apparently even he doesn't even like it. There's no way that is some of his best work. The man co-wrote Batman TAS. Sony let Weisman do pretty much anything he wanted for Spectacular. As far as I know the only thing he was restricted on, was using Kingpin due to legal issues.

It's such as damn shame about Spectacular. It was criticially acclaimed(far more than Ultimate Spider-man) and would probably be finishing up it's 5th season right now had it not been for the whole Disney buying Marvel thing. Weisman even wanted to do some DTVs after the show ended which would have focused on Peter's college years and adapted darker stories.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2012 02:14 AM
KCJ506 is currently offline Click here to Send KCJ506 a Private Message Find more posts by KCJ506 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote