KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Unhosted Role Plays » The Order of Magick - Role Play

The Order of Magick - Role Play
Started by: MadMel

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
MadMel
Heh

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The Big O
"Do you remember when I first came here, Master? How I kept freezing the class whenever I was asked a question," he chuckled. "It was you who first told me that my powers are tied to my emotions and that I had to get a hold of myself before I could ever hope to get a hold of them."

((This isn't the present day - its fantasy-eval, so everyone gets bathhouses and chamber pots. XD))

"I swear that sped my arthritis right up, it did," Forren grumbled, though he was actually smiling. "Took you a while, but you got it done didn't you?." They moved slowly along a small corridor, a shortcut that would take them closer to the front doors. "All of you have done a damn good job," the ancient wizard rasped. "Truth be, we weren't even thinking of sending you lot to do this. It's a job too advanced for most graduates, but, well, you aren't most graduates. I told young Alexander this, and I'll say it to you. You may lack a little discipline, but your powers are exceptional! You all have what it takes to change this world forever. Keep that in mind, but don't let it get to your head." The old man chuckled, proud of his little riddle.
The pair finally emerged into the sunlight. There was a small crowd of people, mostly other graduates and older wizards, to give the team a farewell. Someone had pulled out a wooden instrument, and was whistling a happy tune through its modestly crafted chambers. There was much excitement and talking all around.
It was then that Kal was suddenly dragged into sight by a smiling Ryner. The graduate shook his fellow wizard off, and walked towards the font of the throng, giving the occasional nod to people he passed by. When he was in earshot of Master Forren, he opened his mouth, but the old wizard waved a knotted hand and croaked. "I already know, Alexander, we can discuss the horses later. I have to get this damned speech out of the way first, while my voice is still healthy."
'How in the thirteen hells does he know about the horses?' Kal wondered, but he bowed to his master and stepped back, stopping at the place where he and the others must stand for the ceremony. He closed his eyes, absently spinning his cane in his hands. He too wished this would be over quick. Even with the setback in the stables, he was still excited for what was to come.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2012 09:17 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starryknight

It was about time the others got here, it seemed like she had been waiting hours, Raven was so excited to get started on their quest still not knowing about the horse incident. Raven got up from her waiting spot and join the master wizard and the others, the ice wizard gave a curtsy to the master and offered a smile, "it's great to see you again ancient one," she compliments.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2012 04:17 PM
starryknight is currently offline Click here to Send starryknight a Private Message Find more posts by starryknight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nate9939
back in action

"wow i woke up so late i need to hury up and get ready," nate said to himself why he got his cloths and sword ready "man i wont be able to polish it," he said wile loking at his slightly rusted sword "and one last thing this book my master gave me he said i would be able to open it when the time comes i hope its soon," he said runing out the dore to get breakfist and to go to the ceremony.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2012 04:35 PM
nate9939 is currently offline Click here to Send nate9939 a Private Message Find more posts by nate9939 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Big O
The Original O

Thane took his place with the other wizards after playfully punching Kal on the shoulder and giving a thumbs up as they walked past each other. He could barely contain himself. From previous ceremonies such as these, Thane could almost predict what the old man was going to say so that made him even more anxious for this to be over with.

In the mean time, I never DID see that anime where I unintentionally got my name from. Is it any good

Old Post Jul 6th, 2012 11:38 PM
The Big O is currently offline Click here to Send The Big O a Private Message Find more posts by The Big O Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nate9939
back in action

"hm i wonder who the rest are," nate said as he never met the rest of the group "i think we where suposed to sit around here," as he said that he found a seat with his name on it "well i hope i see the rest of them soon," as he said that he exhaled thinking of all the fun battles he whould soon be in " man i cant wait!"

Old Post Jul 6th, 2012 11:44 PM
nate9939 is currently offline Click here to Send nate9939 a Private Message Find more posts by nate9939 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Regelion1
The Dark in a Starry Sky

Ryner stood next to Kal And Thane looking around to see if he could catch sight of Raven but couldn't really. Ryner gave both Kal and Thane a piece of paper with a pentagram on it. "when the last Speech is said charge that or you might regret it it will block the next thing to come." Ryner snickered a little and walked off a looking for Raven and the others. Ryner walked past Nate and one of the papers with the pentagrams dropped beside him. Ryner kept moving till he finally came to Raven and Ibatsu handing them both a pentagram paper. "Guys activate that when the end of the speech happens or you might regret it i gave one to all our group." Ryner then walked off away from the others and just for fun gave a wave towards Master Forren knowing how blind he was. Ryner was getting ready to shoot off his fireworks he special mixture will surely surprise people he though. Ryner had boosted its mix so that it would show in the day time better so everyone could see and be amazed.

THANKS FOR THE AWESOME SIG TxG

Old Post Jul 8th, 2012 05:55 AM
Regelion1 is currently offline Click here to Send Regelion1 a Private Message Find more posts by Regelion1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

"Ladies and gentlemen..." Master Forren began, the second everyone was in position. "Bah! Who do I jest? Compared to me you're all still a pack of children!" This got a a small laugh here and there. "Anyways... What was I going to say again?"
Forren's speech was kept short. At his age, talking was too taxing for long winded words of farewell. It was however no less meaningful for it. Kal and the other students applauded politely as the old man sat down on his cushioned chair with a grunt. After him came a middle aged woman with striking features. Master lyrus was an expert in illusion magick, and she used her talents to their fullest with a song, images of great beauty shimmering in the air in time with her voice. Once again, everyone applauded.
Several other masters stood up to say some words, giving advice and warnings. Finally, it was Kal's turn. When everyone was seated again he stood up and faced his companions. "My friends, I hate to bring ill news, today of all days. However, something was brought to my attention this morning. Sometime last night, most of the horses in the stable fell into sickness. Of these, only three have survived, but they cannot be ridden, and so were also put to rest. To speak plainly, we cannot ride to our destination." Groans sounded from the assembled crowd, but Kal's voice rose above them. "We must walk the road to Gant and ask their stables for aid. I know it is unexpected, but there is nothing that can be done about it. If we do not endure something as mundane as this, we may as well not leave at all!" Kal turned and faced the masters. "Masters. We give our thanks. We are who we were born to be, thanks to your leadership and wisdom. We humbly - "
"Get on with it!" grumbled Forren, and the others laughed. Kal blushed slightly, but he bowed before the masters, and went back to his position, saying, "well, I guess that's all I have to say. Ryner, I'll leave the rest to you." He tapped his cane on the ground, activating the pentagram, wondering what on earth was going to happen now. With Ryner, just about anything was possible...

Old Post Jul 8th, 2012 09:39 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Big O
The Original O

"Thissius," Thane whispered to the sheet of paper Ryner had given him and the pentagram glowed a bright purple before vanishing. He was slightly annoyed that Ryner had decided to go through with a prank on this day. Especially with all of these people assembled. But what really got Thane's goat is the fact that everyone would think that the whole group had something to do with whatever Ryner had planned, seeing as he gave the whole contingent a sheet.

He tried to brace himself for whatever was to come but that could be anything seeing as Ryner had such a gigantic imagination. All Thane wanted to do now was make his way out of the castle and get to Gant. Hearing about the horses was sad news, indeed but he was comfortable traveling on foot as Thane's family were peasants and poor. They could not even afford a horse, so they would often travel to places on foot.

Gant was a two-days journey, so it wold seem that the real adventure would start as soon as they left Castle Eldraza's walls. Various dark creatures roamed the fields between Algara and Gant at night and that is where the contingent would camp. Thane could almost taste a battle soon to come. That was a given considering that anywhere outside a city was pretty much a free-for-all for any type of creature that wanted to claim an area.

Thane was so excited at the prospect of a battle, that he began to bounce on his tip-toes. If they did not leave soon, he would shout. But he also remembered that Ryner had something planned and that quickly calmed his nerves. What has this boy cooked up, Thane thought to himself. There was really no telling. He looked at Ryner and shook his head. These so-called pranks had better simmer down once they were on their way. He might even have some words for the wizard once they were out of the castle.

In the mean time, I never DID see that anime where I unintentionally got my name from. Is it any good

Old Post Jul 8th, 2012 09:11 PM
The Big O is currently offline Click here to Send The Big O a Private Message Find more posts by The Big O Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nate9939
back in action

hm i wonder what this paper is all about well i dont realy care it whould be fun to go out with a bang i realy wonder what monster we will see first goblins,ogers,the living dead, or mabye even a stone colossuses man just thinking about the battles is makinng my adrenalin levels go of the charts man i might just explode good thing i got to polish my sword it looks as good as the day it was made the day i got my powers as he thought that he activated the paper anxious to see what happend.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2012 11:58 PM
Hitosu Moriko
The Aura Manipulator

Ibatsu received the paper that was from Ryner *This guy is infamous for his pranks I shouldn't carry something that could potently get me killed although whatever spell he put on this pentagram I'm sure i can use it as my own.* Ibatsu rolled up the paper and put it in one of his spare bottles he then extracted one of his herbs Yellow FoxGlove an acidic flower the flowers acid slowly started to dissolve the paper he received and broke it down in the mix in the bottle.*I feel bad for the person who get's hit with this bile*

~Decretum~

Old Post Jul 9th, 2012 01:10 AM
Hitosu Moriko is currently offline Click here to Send Hitosu Moriko a Private Message Find more posts by Hitosu Moriko Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starryknight

Raven took the paper from Rynar holding back the urge to freeze him where he stood instead she took the paper with a smile. Examining the paper a bit she could tell it was some sort of protection spell probably involving a new prank, Raven sighed and tucked the paper into her cloak not wanting anything to do with the immature wizard. All she wanted was to get through the ceremony and be on their way the sooner the better, she was too anxious to deal with the tricksters stupidity and regretted holding back in their duel.

Raven was quite enthralled with everything that was happening it was like a dream, she enjoyed all the masters that got up and spoke and even sang, however when Kal came to spoke he was the barer of bad news. Raven gasped at the poor horses sudden illness and shed a tear for the creatures but when she was done moaning the death of the horses the whole walking plan sunk in. Raven was a wizard and spent her life learning spells and other things of that nature, she had no experience traveling especially on foot. With all that happened she almost forgot about Rynar's paper and the inevitable disaster that was about to take place, hopefully it wasn't as bad as she thought and the master's had planned for his nonsense.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2012 06:05 AM
starryknight is currently offline Click here to Send starryknight a Private Message Find more posts by starryknight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Regelion1
The Dark in a Starry Sky

Ryner got away from the big crowd to closer to his room but he knew he couldn't be there and at the assembly too. "I offer up this contract to release the one trapped within the wind be Freed." From those words A spiral of wind appeared in front of him and bursting out was Freed. Ryner was going to have Freed set of his prank while he blinded in. "Okay Freed all I need you to do is activate the fireworks in my room easy enough just use wind magic on the first and the rest will chain react." "Alright Bos."

Ryner returned to others slipping in till he was back in his original spot. Freed quickly ran up the steps to Ryners room and quickly opened the door closing it behind him. He easily spotted the fireworks and did as Ryner told him, the fuse then activated and and 3 seconds after the first the second lit. The first one shot out the window and high above the castle exploding in a beautiful flash of color right over Ryner and everyone else the flash spelled out words the first firework spelled out Good, the second Luck, third On your, fourth Missions, fifth be safe, sixth be safe. The last one fired after but this one was not words but a twin headed dragon accompanied by a finally of other beautiful flashes of color. As everyone had known who has ever been pranked by Ryner that the twin headed dragon was his insignia. Ryner soon got on top of the stage and said a few parting words himself. "This is my gift to all you Graduates a little flashy preformance to cheer one up and dawn the day of our leaving. Everyone Be safe on your journeys and be sure to enjoy the views along the way." Ryner left the stage with a smirk set on his face he was ready to leave the castle and he couldn't wait.

THANKS FOR THE AWESOME SIG TxG

Old Post Jul 9th, 2012 06:37 AM
Regelion1 is currently offline Click here to Send Regelion1 a Private Message Find more posts by Regelion1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nate9939
back in action

nate started claping with a few outher pepole even though some of ryners pranks where harmfull some of them were funy and this time nate was amazed he actualy did something like this the fireworks were amazing and i especially liked the twin headed dragon it was fun ryner brightend the mood in the usealy boring castle and nate thought it was a sign of good fortuin as it ended he was even more exited about the joruny.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2012 05:09 PM
MadMel
Heh

Kal had to admit, it was a spectacular sight. If Ryner wasn't a magician, he would make a fine entertainer. Kal applauded along with everyone else, but when the clapping died down, he beckoned to the others. "If we are going to walk, we had better start now. Say whatever goodbyes you need to, but make it quick."
Ke turned to Master Forren, and bowed low. No words were necessary. The young wizard straightened and walked in the opposite direction - For the first time, away from the castle.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2012 03:24 AM
nate9939
back in action

nate got up with a grin on his face thinking that walking whould be better than riding on a horse not only did it mean exercise but it also ment that he might run into more monsters the one thing that made this journy worth wile he whould be able to try his techniques on the realy thing not on wooden dummys or sparing were he had to hold back it sounded like he might be able to not only awakin his true abiliteys but also he might be able to open the book his masters gave him after he thought that he grabed his stuff and ran to the gate thinking that all this was to good to be true.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2012 01:07 AM
nate9939
back in action

as nate walked to the gate he saw the outhers doing so to nate was relived that amongest the group he saw his good friends going to because a good adeventure is only grate when you share it with friends he thought about all the good times he had that the school for a seconed he almost lothed leaving but nate knew that the only way to find out his reason for having such a gift was to look for it in the world he inhabated.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2012 10:06 PM
MadMel
Heh

The road to Gant was smooth and clear. The countryside was a mix of yellow and brown, proof that winter was on its way. Even so, the landscape looked beautiful. Kal had to admit, even though progress had been hindered considerably by the lack of horses, he was enjoying himself, as were all the others. The wizards chatted and laughed, told stories and and performed tricks to pass the time, showing off their wit and magical prowess. Kal didn’t join in, but even his composure was limited. He spun his cane endlessly, and his eyes changed colour almost every minute.

Towards the end of the day, clouds started to gather, and a fresh scent was in the air. It was going to rain tonight. At Kal’s direction, the group halted just as the sun was setting. Setting up camp was labour for ordinary folk, but for wizards, it was child’s play. A few incantations here and there and the tents unfolded and erected themselves. Fire was only a snap of the fingers away. Thane had shot down a large deer, so food had been taken care of. The only thing left to worry about was the rain.

Kal sat pouring over a book as the others went about their business. One would think he was being lazy, but the others could tell from a single glance that he was looking at no ordinary text. It lay open on the ground as Kal sat meditatively. Glowing symbols were rising out of the pages into the air. At first Kal had merely stared at the symbols, but after a few minutes he started reaching out and taking hold of them. They were warm in his hands. Slowly, he started moving and rearranging the strange letters. This type of magic was uncommon, and extremely difficult. It had been without doubt the hardest part of their tutelage, but they had all graduated now, and Kal was putting what he had learned to good use.

After ten minutes of reconstructing the laws of the universe, Kal was satisfied. He unrolled a sheet of parchment, and let the realigned script sink into the paper. The book snapped shut of its own accord, and Kal put it into his travel sack. He walked over to the fire.

“This is a ward to protect us from the rain,” He said to the others. “Master Forren wrote it himself, so if I’ve interpreted it correctly, it should be flawless.” He threw the parchment onto the fire. Rather than igniting, the symbols once more rose into the air, this time as smoke. Silver light suddenly shone from the page. It rose into the sky, and a shimmering dome appeared over the entire campsite. It glowed briefly for a few seconds before it faded. The magic was still there, but invisible.

“There we are,” Kal said cheerfully, looking down at the now burning page. “It seems that wasn’t a waste of time to learn. Master Forren uses a very old script. It took a while to figure out.”

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2013 05:24 AM
nate9939
back in action

Nate looked around at the surroundings trying to find some kind of enemy to fight something that could be of danger or at least something to entertain him. Nate sighed after finding nothing. He was sad that today he hadn't even encounter one monster and that had been a big disappointment to him. Nate unsheathed his sword and started polishing the slightly rusted blade. He knew it was easier to use magick but he needed something to do and if he used magick it wouldn't make him satisfied.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2013 05:18 PM
The Big O
The Original O

Thane was laying on the bare ground, looking into the heavens while eating some of the deer that was roasted over the open fire. He had to admit that the spell Kal used to sheild them from the rain was pretty impressive, but he expected no less from him or any of the others after being in training for the majority of their lives. He never learned that spell himself as he didn't spend a lot of personal time with Master Forren, but he did study. After all, it was a requirement of being a wizard.

Shaking off the memories of school, Thane sat up, ready for another peice of meat when he noticed Nate appearing highly alert. He smiled on the inside at the fact that while Nate was around the same age as the rest of the group, he always seemed years younger than them.

Until this journey, he and Nate had never properly met. Thane saw him around inside the castle walls a few times but there was never any reason to say anything to him then. He was content with his friendships with Kal and Raven. Now that they were traveling together, however, Thane deceided that there was no time like the present to get to know one of his new companions. After all, the life of a wizard was not an extended one.

"Is there anything in particular you're looking for in the surrounding area, kid," he asked Nate as he reached for another piece of meat.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2013 08:39 PM
nate9939
back in action

"Its not kid my name is Nate," he said as he pulled out an sharpening stone and started sharpening his blade, " and I was looking for monsters since that's the main reason we came here." Nate looked at his blade for a finale inspection sheathing it satisfied, "So whats your name."

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2013 10:17 PM