KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Communications » News & Questions » Computer Help Forum » Case usb, does not fit in motherboard

Case usb, does not fit in motherboard
Started by: menokokoro

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
menokokoro

Case usb, does not fit in motherboard

Okay, so I just bought a new computer (part per part, and put together). I'm new to this, first computer I've put together, it works really great, just one thing, the case came with two usb plugs up front. I really want to have those working, for my camera and flashdrives etc, instead of going behind the computer every time I need to get a new song on my phone, or put photo's on my computer.

Anyway, the problem I have, the plugs for the usb on the case, do not match the plugs for the usb's on the motherboard. Is there an adapter, or something I can buy to fix this problem?

I've tried searching for this, I can't seem to get the internet to understand what I'm looking for.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2012 02:50 AM
menokokoro is currently offline Click here to Send menokokoro a Private Message Find more posts by menokokoro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
menokokoro

Amended. It isn't that it's "The wrong kind" it's that the cable for the usb mount, is a dual plug, and what's on the motherboard is single. So I think I've answered my own question...again.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2012 06:33 AM
menokokoro is currently offline Click here to Send menokokoro a Private Message Find more posts by menokokoro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

An adaptor should be easy enough to find. I'd look up the case manufacturer first, to see if you can find an adaptor.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jul 12th, 2012 07:40 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
menokokoro

I found out what I need. I was right the first time, the motherboards ports are made for 2.0 usb's, and the case has 3.0 usbs. I just need a card that has internal 3.0 usb's. Which I have already ordered. problem solved. Well, in 4-7 days.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2012 08:31 PM