KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- The Bannermen

STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- The Bannermen
Started by: REXXXX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (19): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
REXXXX
Networking

"It would be appalling if not even the Senatorial chambers were safe," Trozen says. "I'll watch for the assassin."

Evand is just brooding now. He nods at your request, and your warning. The idea of joining the Republic is not sitting well with him. You wonder which is stronger- his desire to return to his throne, or his desire for independence.

The Senate is trundling over trade routes and planetary disputes over them, now. This is taking awhile.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2012 04:40 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

"It isn't that they aren't safe, we are perfectly well protected. In-fact the constructors of this senate building claim that the building is indestructible. It is more a case of the would be assassin being patient, and resourceful. Please don't worry. The senate guard are sworn to protect all those within the senate chambers. King, ou are perfectly safe. I am simply being cautious. However...

"I would like you to think on something for me, which is it you desire most. To return to your throne, or your independence? Because that is something you must decide at the opportune moment, when that moment occurs."

(Guess Denz is in a blunt mood. Probably because the senate is boring heh...)

A long time have I waited for this, my little green friend!

Last edited by Jedireaper on Aug 28th, 2012 at 05:06 AM

Old Post Aug 28th, 2012 05:03 AM
Jedireaper is currently offline Click here to Send Jedireaper a Private Message Find more posts by Jedireaper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

"Nothing is indestructible," Trozen says.

The Senatorial Guard are all over the interior of the chamber. Nobody would dare try anything here and expect to escape.

Evand just nods again. He is deep in thought.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2012 05:14 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

Denzral will close his eyes and wait patiently having finished what he needed to say.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2012 11:17 AM
Jedireaper is currently offline Click here to Send Jedireaper a Private Message Find more posts by Jedireaper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

While it takes far longer than you would have liked, eventually the Senate arrives to the matter you are most concerned with.

Chancellor Palpatine, looking resplendent in crimson robes from his homeworld of Naboo, looks down toward Evand's pod with a grandfatherly smile.

"The Senate now recognizes His Royal Highness, King Evand, of the outlying world of Halloy. King Evand, you have the floor. Why do you come before the Senate, my lord?"

Evand nods to Trozen and the pod floats forward and upward. Several hovering cambots zip over to record what is said and project Evand's likeness into a hologram, so that other representatives may see him.

"I come with dire tidings from my home planet of Halloy," Evand states. "I have been replaced on my throne by an Usurper! I wish to appeal to the Senate for assistance in retaking my birthright and my world."

The Senators and representatives in attendance begin to talk among themselves.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2012 03:28 PM
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

Denzral will stand with the King, but will not interject at this point. He will listen for now.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2012 05:46 PM
REXXXX
Networking

"For what reason do you come to this governing body for such assistance?" asks the Chancellor. "Halloy is recognized as a world independent from the domain of the Galactic Republic."

"I have found assistance in the Jedi Knight Denzral Vassisk, who was investigating criminal activities stemming from rogues I was unaware of," Evand explains. "I hope that I might be able to find sympathy in the Senate."

One of the hovering pods floats forward, bearing Senator Galahad Faust of Thespia, to whom the Chancellor gives the floor. Other pods float out as well.

"What reason would the Republic have to lend assistance to a world rife with brigands?" Senator Galahad inquires.

"It isn't 'rife' with brigands," Evand says, irritated. "And they will be dealt with if my leadership is reinstated over Halloy."

Old Post Aug 30th, 2012 06:01 PM
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

Denzral will wait and see if the senate picks up on the main point before interjecting.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2012 06:09 PM
REXXXX
Networking

You are getting bad vibes from the other Senators.

"I do not pretend to know the details," Senator Galahad says, "but I cannot help but that think that your world became overtaken by criminal activists during your reign, not after it."

"Forces beyond my ability to control were at work!" Evand shouts back. "A Dark Jedi named Lothar Tull inspired the coup that removed me from power. A villain in league with all the dark magicks of the Sith of old. Would you leave him to his own devices, domineering over thousands of helpless civilians and in possession of an army?"

The Senate becomes a little more frantic at this. Senator Galahad is unmoved.

"Do you have evidence that he intends to attack the Republic with his forces?" the Thespian Senator asks.

Evand looks at you.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2012 04:09 AM
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

Denzral will clear his throat and nod to the king. "Men under this Dark Jedi have already raided several Republic worlds, and he has admitted to ordering the assassination the Jedi Master Kanna Ichinne, several years ago. That 'assassination' took place right here on Coruscant. That wouldn't worry you?" Denzral's voice gets a bit sarcastic. " 'Oh no, if it doesn't bother us right now we'll just let him build up his army nice and large and not care because it doesn't threaten us this instant' so when he attacks the republic what will you do then? When he is on the door steps to Coruscant, has his assassins in every alley way ready to take our beloved capitol, will you say it didn't concern us then? He has raided Republic words, killed Republic citizens, subjugated an entire planet from, and assassinated a Jedi Master, not to mentin anything else he has done, all this before he had taken control of an army. Do you think a Dark Jedi following the old Sith cult of necros will sit idly-by with a sizeable army, an entire planet of willing soldiers (whether they realise that or not), and do nothing?" Denzral will interject as much disbelief into his voice as possible, and make it sound like he is annoyed, but annoyed with all the graces of Mace Windu.

In the time between the last game and now has Denzral learned anything about Lothars other suspected movements?

Old Post Aug 31st, 2012 01:07 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Your use of sarcasm certainly does not go well. It causes some uproar as many Senators respond to your taunting.

"Remember who you are addressing!" shouts one Senator. "This is the Galactic Senate, not a class of your trainees, Knight!"

The Supreme Chancellor has to call for quiet in the Senate before anything can resume.

-

While Denzral is a Jedi Knight, even Master Windu is subject to the will of the Senate. You cannot act against the interests of the Republic, nor can you taunt the people that run it. Not without consequence.

Denzral gains a point of Censure. Any social rolls with Senators or their associates are penalized.

-

Once peace is restored, it is Palpatine who pushes ahead on the matter.

"I am certain our Jedi friend only means well with his comments," Palpatine says. "Raids upon the Republic's rim is certainly of grave concern. I cannot tolerate our citizens being subjugated to such grievous crimes."

"I appreciate your assistance..." Evand starts.

"However, the Republic does not have a standing military body from which we could draw able men to assist you," Palpatine states.

You see Evand's face sink.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2012 05:04 AM
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

"Senator. Senators." Denzral begins. "I apologise for the disrespectful manner in which I have addressed you, but the situation is grave, and carries with it a great threat to the Republic which, if not dealt with soon, could doom the Republic's entire existence." Denzral will humbly bow and continue to speak calmly. "I have come before you all, with Lord Evand of Halloy, to beseech you to act. I would not have spoken in such a manner if I did not believe the threat was very very real indeed." Denzral will look to Palpatine. "Supreme Chancellor. I understand that the Republic has no standing military to call upon, but I believe in the past the Republic has called upon it's Judicial Forces to act in military matters, or even call upon it's member states for use of local militia, or security forces."

((I believe that is correct (especially the Judicial Forces part), I believe by this point the Republic Navy has just been re-established in the wake of the Naboo crises, and most of the Naboo security forces have been absorbed into it to augment its remaining ground forces.))

Will this Censure thingy affect Denz through the rest of the game, any way to recover it?))

Last edited by Jedireaper on Sep 2nd, 2012 at 06:02 AM

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2012 05:58 AM
REXXXX
Networking

You may be able to reverse it. Otherwise it will stay in effect for the entire game, yes.

The Republic does have a small military body at its disposal, and a small Navy, but at this point in time the Republic almost entirely relies on planetary militias (like Naboo's security forces).

"If you think that it is wholly necessary for the meager military forces at the Galactic Republic's disposal are necessary," Palpatine states, "we can choose to put this to vote."

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2012 05:03 PM
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

Yes, any way for me to reverse it?

Denzral nods. "This is a grave threat the Republic cannot simply ignore, sir."

(or in a way that doesn't insult the supreme Chancellor)

Last edited by Jedireaper on Sep 3rd, 2012 at 05:26 PM

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2012 05:13 PM
REXXXX
Networking

You will see!

Palpatine smiles.

"As Supreme Chancellor, I request that this matter of Halloy be put to vote... in a week's time. I move to adjourn this meeting of the Senate, if no other matters need be presented."

This movement is backed by many Senators... and the gathering is over.

"Wait," Evand says. "The meeting is over? They're not doing this now?!"

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2012 06:12 PM
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

"I believe we may have won the Supreme Chancellors support, he will now likely tell us to work on gathering the support we need. If they voted right now, it would never have passed. He has given us a little more time, it also means the senate have given Lothar more time. But this is purely speculation. When you take the pod back to it's slot, we shall see." Denzral will smile. "That went better than I expected, but rougher than I'd hoped. Have you had lunch yet, Lord Evand?"

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2012 07:23 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Indeed, the Senate would have shot it down.

Evand says he is not hungry.

When you are returning the pod to its proper place, you are greeted by a Senatorial guard, in their blue helms and robes, a sniper rifle slung over his shoulder and a pike in hand.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2012 07:40 PM
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

"Well, I am starving." Denzral says in response to the King.

When the pod is docked.

"How can I help you?" He will greet.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2012 09:19 PM
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

SORRY FOR DOUBLE POST.

Is that the same rifle Crutch used?

Old Post Sep 4th, 2012 12:56 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Not even close! The Senate guards use sleek elegant rifles, a standard issue for their position. Crutch's was a nasty piece of hi-tech work.

The Senate guard is simply delivering a summons for King Evand and his retinue to a private meeting with the Supreme Chancellor.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2012 05:48 AM