KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- The Movement

STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- The Movement
Started by: REXXXX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (23): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Craft
CTE

Used droids are no problem, better even! Cheaper.

Lets have a look at their loader droids and see if anyone comes out to greet us.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2012 06:35 AM
Craft is currently offline Click here to Send Craft a Private Message Find more posts by Craft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

There does not appear to be any loader droids in the front display, here. You see a pretty wide variety there, from squat, domed astromechs and spindly medical bots and bulky maintenance droids.

One of the droids actually steps from the display.

"Hello sir," it asks in a gravely voice. "How can I be of assistance today?"

Old Post Aug 27th, 2012 04:36 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Craft
CTE

"Hello," Wentar says with a slight wave, a little taken back by one of the droids talking to him. "I'm here looking for a loader droid, one that can comfortably carry shield generators designed for smaller freighters."

Old Post Aug 27th, 2012 11:50 PM
Craft is currently offline Click here to Send Craft a Private Message Find more posts by Craft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

"I am certain that we possess the droid you are looking for," the droid responds. "May I inquire as to whom I have the pleasure of addressing, good sir? For I am V-2PO, human-cyborg negotiator and purveyor of automatons."

This protocol droid is painted a rustic green, unlaquered and unpolished. One of his optic sensors shines less brightly than the other, and one of his arms looks bulky and out of place. Otherwise, picture C-3PO.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2012 04:47 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Craft
CTE

"Wentar Reiua, Jedi Knight, and this is my companion, Emso Crubo," Wentar says, before gesturing to the entrance. "Lead the way, lets take a look at what you have in stock."

Old Post Aug 28th, 2012 04:58 AM
REXXXX
Networking

"Come this way, sirs," V-2PO shuffles into his warehouse.

It so happens that V-2PO has a loader droid that fits your specifications. He has quite a few actually, but most are for lighter cargo shipping rather than truly heavy lifting.

The loader droid is an older model. It is painted blue with signs of rusting and damage that has been somewhat repaired. It is easily your height and half again. It sees through a singular photosensor on a stalk. It stands on four crab-like legs, and has two oversized piston-powered arms with telescoping claw hands.

"It is called N1218 of the N-Series Loader droids produced by the Corellians," V-2PO explains. "It is very sturdy and obedient."

Old Post Aug 28th, 2012 05:12 AM
Craft
CTE

"Sounds like what I'm looking for," Wentar says, examining the droid.

He eyes up the damaged parts. "I assume it's in working order, but do you mind if my friend here takes a closer look at it? You can never be to careful with older model droids."

Last edited by Craft on Aug 28th, 2012 at 05:28 AM

Old Post Aug 28th, 2012 05:25 AM
REXXXX
Networking

"Be my guest," V-2PO offers. "I am programmed to perform maintenance on over six thousand types of droids. If this is not satisfactory, I permit you to examine my wares in your own time."

"I'll do that then," Emso says, sizing up the droid. "Are you going to keep him in the hold?"

N1218 blankly stares ahead; your salesdroid has him powered down.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2012 05:56 AM
Craft
CTE

"Perhaps, or I might keep it at the temple for other Jedi to use in case their ships need maintenance."

He turns to the sales droid. "Do you mind if we power him up before we make a decision?"

Old Post Aug 28th, 2012 06:08 AM
REXXXX
Networking

"Of course not."

V-2PO turns on the loader droid in a safe manner, following procedure, and N1218 whirs on. It says nothing and looks around with its eyestalk, then fixes on you.

It makes a low buzzing noise.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2012 03:41 PM
Craft
CTE

Wentar raises an eyebrow. "Is that buzzing noise normal?"

At least it didn't explode, that's a plus right there.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2012 04:00 PM
REXXXX
Networking

N1218 makes the buzzing noise again, this time in several short bursts and different tones.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2012 04:27 PM
Craft
CTE

"Hmmm... Oh! Its voice box must be damaged," Wentar says, believing the buzzing noise it the droid attempting to communicate. "Emso, do you think you can repair it?"

Old Post Aug 29th, 2012 04:31 PM
REXXXX
Networking

"N1218 says 'Hello' and has given his title, series, and function," V-2PO says. "This is how this loader unit is programmed to communicate."

"Yeah, nothing's wrong with it," Emso says.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2012 04:38 PM
Craft
CTE

Hmmm, is Wentar able to make a language roll to figure out this kind of droid language?

Old Post Aug 30th, 2012 12:32 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Sure! That will be a check on Intelligence + Language.

One success in a pool of six means you have not a clue what N1218 is saying.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2012 05:57 PM
Craft
CTE

"Oh," Wentar says, realising he's just bad at droid speak. "Hello N1218."

Not understanding the droid could be tricky business.

"You can understand him Emso?"

Old Post Aug 31st, 2012 04:21 AM
REXXXX
Networking

N1218 makes an awkward buzz and tilts its eyestalk at you.

"Not a bit," Emso says. "You'd need a translator."

Old Post Aug 31st, 2012 04:22 AM
Craft
CTE

Wentar frowns a little. "I wasn't really planning on getting two droids today..." He turns to V-2PO. "Do you have any loaders that can speak basic or a standard droid language?"

I'm assuming there's a 'standard' droid language and that Wentar can understand it, feel free to override me there.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2012 04:29 AM
REXXXX
Networking

N1218 emits a sequence of sharp chirps.

"I do," V-2PO says. "N1218 is one of our most... intact models. As far as loader units go."

Old Post Aug 31st, 2012 08:45 AM