KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Captain America Shields Test

Captain America Shields Test
Started by: Damborgson

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carver9

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Zod's heat vision went through Superman...

Zod>Prime. He actually did something Prime never did, and that was break Superman jaw with a single hit.

wink

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Aug 24th, 2012 05:28 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

In all fairness, Prime was very, very weak when his HV pierced Superman-- which says a lot, imo.

Either way, I recently saw an AvX cover, on which Cap's shield can be seen soaking a blast from PF Cyclops. If there's any truth to that in the issue itself, then Prime's HV might not be effective. But to be fair(again), Prime's HV has also busted through GL auto-shields, and even Guardian shielding-- not to mention all the others he's killed with it... His HV is potent as shit.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2012 06:40 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Not in the same manner as Prime's. You actually see a struggle of it.

Originally posted by Silent Master
The shield has taken hits from Mjolnir and the Hulk without a scratch, that means it's durability is over 999 trillion times more powerful than their attacks. I doubt his HV is 999 trillion times more powerful than The Hulk/Thor.

Failure to damage in itself doesn't imply the level in which to damage.
For, example I can squeeze and egg with 99% of the force required to bust it yet there won't be a scratch on it. Adding a mere 1% would bust the egg.

Now Prime's hv went through Superman without a struggle (unlike like Zod's hv) in such a way it appeared as Superman was a ghost. That implies how many times it was over Superman's durability.

In other words, failure to damage doesn't imply how much more is needed in order to damage and while damaging something in such a way does determine the level of attack.

Good try though

-General Zod: Superman II

Last edited by h1a8 on Aug 24th, 2012 at 11:04 PM

Old Post Aug 24th, 2012 11:02 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

WTF, Zod heat vision went through Superman just as easily as Prime heat vision did. Have you seen this H1 or are you just guessing.?

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Aug 24th, 2012 11:18 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by carver9
WTF, Zod heat vision went through Superman just as easily as Prime heat vision did. Have you seen this H1 or are you just guessing.?

I saw both a long time ago. Zod's hv had a little struggle to it. It appeared to penetrate a solid object. Prime's on the other hand went through like Superman was a ghost. This is a huge difference. Plus prime was much weaker than his normal self.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2012 01:33 AM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Originally posted by h1a8
Not in the same manner as Prime's. You actually see a struggle of it.

Failure to damage in itself doesn't imply the level in which to damage.
For, example I can squeeze and egg with 99% of the force required to bust it yet there won't be a scratch on it. Adding a mere 1% would bust the egg.

Now Prime's hv went through Superman without a struggle (unlike like Zod's hv) in such a way it appeared as Superman was a ghost. That implies how many times it was over Superman's durability.

In other words, failure to damage doesn't imply how much more is needed in order to damage and while damaging something in such a way does determine the level of attack.

Good try though

Good for the egg, but the shield's durability has been proven to be over 999 trillion times greater than Thor/Hulk's damage output.

Can you prove that Superboy prime's hv is that powerful?

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2012 01:45 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Harbinger
Firestorm

I'd give a charged Mjolnir strike by Thor a good shot at breaking the shield, provided Thor put everything he had behind said strike.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2012 02:06 AM
Harbinger is currently offline Click here to Send Harbinger a Private Message Find more posts by Harbinger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Under a red sun.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2012 02:52 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

^ Do you have the scans, and/or an issue number of the Zod HV instance? I remember seeing it a few times, but can't recall where.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Aug 25th, 2012 02:54 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by Galan007
^ Do you have the scans, and/or an issue number of the Zod HV instance? I remember seeing it a few times, but can't recall where.

Superman v2 215. H don't have the scans currently though.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2012 02:58 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Zod>Prime. He actually did something Prime never did, and that was break Superman jaw with a single hit.

wink

Different zod who was equal to superman in every way and suckerpunched him at very high speed.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2012 03:00 AM
ODG

Shield clears.
Correct answer. thumb up

wink
Different Zod.
Originally posted by ODG
Prime would only need to be weakened to the point where he was as strong as Phantom Zone Zod:

(please log in to view the image)

Revamped Thor Respect Thread Revamped Loki Respect Thread
Revamped Hulk Respect Thread Revamped Iron Man Respect Thread

Old Post Aug 25th, 2012 03:40 AM
ODG is currently offline Click here to Send ODG a Private Message Find more posts by ODG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by abhilegend
Under a red sun.

Where superman gets a massive downgrade in durability opposed to his other powers.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2012 04:12 AM
Sundipped
MURDERER

In all fairness, Prime was very, very weak when his HV pierced Superman-- which says a lot, imo.

Either way, I recently saw an AvX cover, on which Cap's shield can be seen soaking a blast from PF Cyclops.

Yeah Prime was weak. Makes you think about the level his HV is really on at normal levels.

About AvX, Scott was most likely holding back like he did against Glads. The Phoenix aura didn't flare up + Xavier was standing near Cap.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2012 04:20 AM
Sundipped is currently offline Click here to Send Sundipped a Private Message Find more posts by Sundipped Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Good for the egg, but the shield's durability has been proven to be over 999 trillion times greater than Thor/Hulk's damage output.

999 trillion? Does anyone have a citation on this, or a scan?

Old Post Aug 25th, 2012 04:33 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raptor22

Originally posted by Stoic
999 trillion? Does anyone have a citation on this, or a scan?
I thought it was common knowledge. Im surprised u didn't know.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2012 04:43 AM
Raptor22 is currently offline Click here to Send Raptor22 a Private Message Find more posts by Raptor22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

No it hasn't, remember the egg example disproves it. Lack of damage doesn't show how much more you need (unless you describe how it feels).

Yes I have because it is how you damage something that shows the level

Last edited by h1a8 on Aug 25th, 2012 at 05:46 AM

Old Post Aug 25th, 2012 05:43 AM
h1a8

Prime's HV at full power (not weakened) goes through Cap's shield.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2012 05:48 AM
Mindset

Originally posted by h1a8
Prime's HV at full power (not weakened) goes through Cap's shield.
I disagree and you are wrong.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Aug 25th, 2012 05:51 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the Darkone

Originally

posted by JakeTheBank

Shield clears.

I second that!

Old Post Aug 25th, 2012 05:53 AM
the Darkone is currently offline Click here to Send the Darkone a Private Message Find more posts by the Darkone Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote