KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Foreign Cinema » The Blue Oyster Bar

The Blue Oyster Bar
Started by: Impediment

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (239): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Dude ****ing loved that stuff.

Also, Hall of Prophecies. sick

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2012 02:05 AM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nephthys
I think it would also count if we go by the old Rogue Jedi argument of apparate away, get a ****ton of prep done, brew luck potions etc and then apparate back.

Thats not reasonable. If they do that then its a completely different thread imo.

Yeah willingly leaving the fight to get outside help/gear/prep. Is a loss.

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2012 02:05 AM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pwned
That guy

Makes sense.

What about time travel/reality hopping? (I'm looking at YOU, Deadpool) I mean, otherwise it could be, "Deadpool goes back in time and shoots Banner's parents." or, "Deadpool hops in from an alternate reality and kills Batman and McClane" (In a Batman vs McClane fight) (I think that would be quite funny. The Deadpool part, I mean.)

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2012 06:06 PM
Pwned is currently offline Click here to Send Pwned a Private Message Find more posts by Pwned Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Time travel counts as BFR, they are leaving the battlescene. Even if it's appears instantaneous to the opponents.

BFR is taking into account the battlezone the fight takes place in.

If it's a wrestling ring or an arena it's obvious.
If it's something like New York City if Superman flies into orbit he loses automatically. Superman's famous time travel feat is BFR.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2012 06:20 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Kind of lame to restrict Superman/healds/fliers to a lose if they go into the atmosphere.

Especially when Superman can comfortably chill in space and headshot people with his heat vision.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2012 07:19 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Well people like Supes shouldn't need to go into the atmosphere if the OP states an environment.

But BFR is BFR. If a battleground is given the combatant can't leave it, lest they forfeit the fight.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2012 07:26 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Originally posted by the ninjak
Well people like Supes shouldn't need to go into the atmosphere if the OP states an environment.

But BFR is BFR. If a battleground is given the combatant can't leave it, lest they forfeit the fight.

Why shouldn't he? I think its taking it too far. Its not like Superman is traveling to another planet or searching for an item to give him a win. He can do it under his own power.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2012 07:40 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Originally posted by Zack Fair
Why shouldn't he? I think its taking it too far. Its not like Superman is traveling to another planet or searching for an item to give him a win. He can do it under his own power.

Because BFR is BFR. You can't leave the battlezone lest you forfeit. Regardless of speed or ability.

Its a fundamental rule. And it can't be broken.
No BFR means no such limits. BFR means if anyone goes outside it's over.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2012 07:45 PM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

What if he just goes up there to think?

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2012 07:46 PM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pwned
That guy

Or maybe have a tea party?

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2012 07:48 PM
Pwned is currently offline Click here to Send Pwned a Private Message Find more posts by Pwned Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Originally posted by AuraAngel
What if he just goes up there to think?

stick out tongue
Then he's thinking about why he lost the fight. You spaz.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2012 07:50 PM
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

Flying depends on the Arena. For example if the setting is all of new York he should be able to fly into the sky of it but not leave the planet. If its a dome, Obviosuly he can't fly out of it. But being above the arena ground is legit unless the op says otherwise.

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2012 08:13 PM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pwned
That guy

It just occurred to me, but technically, couldn't we use characters from table top games such as Pathfinder or Dungeons and Dragons?

And if so, how would we classify their feats? (As separated from their, "feats")

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2012 03:09 AM
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Already been going on.

The best way to establish feats for tabletop characters is to use other, more "consistent" medium such as novels. If characters demonstrate consistent abilities through rule revisions they could be made as a case, I would think, as well.

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2012 03:18 AM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by Pwned
It just occurred to me, but technically, couldn't we use characters from table top games such as Pathfinder or Dungeons and Dragons?

And if so, how would we classify their feats? (As separated from their, "feats")
There is in fact lore for several beings in DnD or Pathfinder.

Tharizdun for example is a legitimate Multiversal threat, capable of annuling all reality if not stopped/imprisoned.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2012 05:39 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

(please log in to view the image)

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2012 06:28 AM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

You people need to spread the word to all of the rest of the CBVS and VGVS people to get things really going!

Yeah, that's right. I said "You people."

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2012 11:43 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Originally posted by Impediment
You people need to spread the word to all of the rest of the CBVS and VGVS people to get things really going!

Non-movie-v.s.-regulars?

Hm. I hereby voluntell someone else to do it.

The moon and stars aren't just shades of lead

But you wouldn't know as you rest your head.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2012 11:45 PM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Scenario
Greater Sci-Fi combatant

All of the VGVS regulars are already here.

There's like ten of us.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2012 11:57 PM
The Scenario is currently offline Click here to Send The Scenario a Private Message Find more posts by The Scenario Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Originally posted by Impediment

(please log in to view the image)

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Sep 4th, 2012 01:26 AM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote