KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Current Gen Console Discussions (PS5, Xbox Series X, Switch (Pro?) OFFICIAL THREAD

Current Gen Console Discussions (PS5, Xbox Series X, Switch (Pro?) OFFICIAL THREAD
Started by: Barker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (134): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

Current Gen Console Discussions (PS4, Xbox One, Switch)

Can this be a thing, Lana?

Wii U comes out in just over two months, I think we all know about it by now. It's got a controller with a screen and roughly the power of a PS3 or 360, and some people are debating wether or not it should be considered next-gen. A crippled bundle starts at $300 USD and the real bundle is $350, which is a little high IMO.

Xbox 720 (Durango) kits are in the hands of developers right now and rumors and common sense point to an E3 2013 announcement and Holiday 2013 release.

Playstation 4 is sort of the big mystery and Sony seems focused on that inane 10-year life-cycle, which means it could be a few years before anything is even known about PS4.

Mainly I just wanted to start a thread about Wii U to ask if anyone has any remote interest in it, because I think it's going to bomb.

please respond to my PM Thorin

Last edited by Impediment on Apr 19th, 2017 at 07:39 PM

Old Post Sep 17th, 2012 05:46 PM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackZero30x
Jack

It's pre-ordered! I'm fairly excited for this system! The Deluxe comes with an HDMI cable, a game, tablet Wiimote, (supposedly) a second tablet Wiimote, a game, and some accessory's for the tablets. Until I hear things about the 720 and the ps4 (that aren't just rumors) Im not excited for them. As the rumors make both sound dumb.

The thing Im excited for is the new tablet controllers. I wont have play split screen in multiplayer and if someone wants to watch TV I no longer have to rush to a save point. Its got the graphics and some interesting innovations. The only thing that I see holding this back is the game selection and not having very good console exclusive titles. The Arkham City armored edition looks really fun for the WiiU because of some of the exclusive features. Since I have done everything on Arkham City on the Xbox I won't be getting it.....well at least until its been out for a long time.

Anyways I want Mario, the next Epic Mickey, and ZombiU looks good!

BlackZero30X:The Signatures XBL Gamertag

Old Post Sep 17th, 2012 11:06 PM
BlackZero30x is currently offline Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Next Xbox will be more likely a E3 2013 announcement and fall 2014 release. They nearly always announce a year before release.

I ordered a Wii U, but...eh...I'm probably not going to get it. I'm really not all that excited or impressed, I just wanted to make sure that if I did decide I wanted it, I could get it.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Sep 17th, 2012 11:18 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Well, the 360 was announced and then released 6 months later so you knows when the console will be released after an announcement.

I have no interest in the Wii U. I've been burned by Nintendo console the past two generations so I have no reason to believe that I will be happy with it.

So I'm probably going to get the next XBOX, and then when the price drops, get the next Sony console.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2012 01:10 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

Getting all the consoles as soon as they've been released at least half a year and been thoroughly tested for bugs. Don't really know much about each system but there have (thru the years) console exclusives that have made me want to buy each of the systems eventually.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2012 07:11 AM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I'm going for the Wii U. The 3DS software library has been poor but I'm willing to give another go for a big Nintendo release. If it fails, I'll bug out of consoles entirely, most likely, as I was always primarily a PC guy.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Sep 19th, 2012 08:32 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Right now I have no interest in the Wii U. Maybe in a few years when a proper Zelda or Mario game is released I'll pick one up.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2012 08:41 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

I could give less than a shit about the Wii-U.

Their plethora of 1st part games that I've played a thousand times over the years (Mario, Zelda specifically) aren't exciting to me at all.

The only game I might be interested in from Nintendo is a new FPS Metroid game. Otherwise, they need to step their 3rd party game up.

As well, not interested in their gimmicky control/TV.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Sep 19th, 2012 09:10 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§P0oONY

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Tzeentch._

Their plethora of 1st part games that I've played a thousand times over the years (Mario, Zelda specifically) aren't exciting to me at all.

The only game I might be interested in from Nintendo is a new FPS Metroid game. Otherwise, they need to step their 3rd party game up.

Bayonetta 2. Exclusive to Wii U.

They have stepped up their 3rd party softwate.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2012 10:12 AM
§P0oONY is currently offline Click here to Send §P0oONY a Private Message Find more posts by §P0oONY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Originally posted by Tzeentch._

thumb up

Gave up all things Nintendo after my Gamecube became a paper weight. I figured same shit would happen with the Wii and I was right, so I'm skipping this one too because it had all the red herrings the previous console has plus its going to be outdated spec-wise in 1 or 2 years when the next-gen Xbox and PS3 comes out. Feels like a big waste of time to me.

I'll probably skip the PS3/360 next-gen consoles because my PC will probably be superior to them. My unhealthy obsession with Halo will probably get me to buy an xbox in the end. Hope it takes a while before it gets released so the hardware is fully tested and I don't get involved in another RoD fiasco.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Last edited by Zack Fair on Sep 19th, 2012 at 02:42 PM

Old Post Sep 19th, 2012 02:34 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Any PC that you put any effort into will be better than any console. That's just kind of how it works, as PCs are upgradeable and consoles really aren't.

Also, Bayonetta 2 will not be a system-seller.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Sep 19th, 2012 02:45 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by Zack Fair
thumb up

Gave up all things Nintendo after my Gamecube became a paper weight. I figured same shit would happen with the Wii and I was right, so I'm skipping this one too because it had all the red herrings the previous console has plus its going to be outdated spec-wise in 1 or 2 years when the next-gen Xbox and PS3 comes out. Feels like a big waste of time to me.

I'll probably skip the PS3/360 next-gen consoles because my PC will probably be superior to them. My unhealthy obsession with Halo will probably get me to buy an xbox in the end. Hope it takes a while before it gets released so the hardware is fully tested and I don't get involved in another RoD fiasco.

Unlike the Wii at least the Gamecube had plenty of decent 3rd party things (give me another Rogue Squadron Nintendo!). Must've not played many good things for it to have become a paperweight confused, and I had all three consoles at the time, but wutevers.

Not really interested in Bayonetta 2, but I guess it's a good start as far as stepping up their 3rd party. Hopefully it'll only get better from there. Like Blax, that and Metroid are mostly the only things that would warrant me getting a Wii-U (and I don't care if the specs are outdated by the time the other systems come out as long as the games are still good). Until then I guess I'm waiting out on the next gen. Same with the next Xbox for the same reasons as you if I end up getting that too.

Last edited by Ridley_Prime on Sep 19th, 2012 at 03:02 PM

Old Post Sep 19th, 2012 02:57 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Unlike the Wii at least the Gamecube had plenty of decent 3rd party things (give me another Rogue Squadron Nintendo!). Must've not played many good things for it to have become a paperweight confused, and I had all three consoles at the time, but wutevers.

Not really interested in Bayonetta 2, but I guess it's a good start as far as stepping up their 3rd party. Hopefully it'll only get better from there. Like Blax, that and Metroid are mostly the only things that would warrant me getting a Wii-U (and I don't care if the specs are outdated by the time the other systems come out as long as the games are still good). Until then I guess I'm waiting out on the next gen. Same with the next Xbox for the same reasons as you if I end up getting that too.

I played Mario Sunshine, Metroid Prime, REmake, Twin Snakes, Rogue Squadron, Wind Waker and a few others. Thing is I had the PS2 and Xbox too and they got way more gametime than the gamecube. Although the Gamecube was better than the Xbox IMHO. I don't remember the last game I played on my GC after Twin Snakes. Twilight Princess took forever to come out ~_~ The ONE game I wanted to play lol By the time it came out I had long sold my GC. Xbox got a free pass with the addiction to Xbox Live thanks to Halo 2.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2012 03:13 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

I think Nintendo made a mistake not going true next gen with a bridge gap system... for a second time in a row. EA has said publicly that they expect Sony and Microsoft's new systems by holiday season 2013. If that is true then what? Nintendo will have a console not powerful enough to run true next gen third party games? Again. So they will get about a year worth of thirty party support while we round out the tail end of this gen, then back to release one or two antiquated first party games a year after all the third parties jump to the neXtbox and PS4.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Sep 19th, 2012 03:34 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

thumb up

Old Post Sep 19th, 2012 03:45 PM
Bardock42

Might get the Wii U when it drops in price, don't really like the look of it much, but backwards compatability is a seller for me as I never owned a Wii.

Probably going to get the Xbox 720, I like the Xbox now, but we'll see. And in that case I'll probably skip the next PS at least until it become much more reasonably priced.

Oh, also, http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012...ation-3-console not sure what to take away from that in terms of PS4, but it's a thing that's happening...

Old Post Sep 19th, 2012 03:46 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

We don't even know how much the 720 and PS4 will cost...and in the case of Sony we know nothing lol.

I doubt Sony will throw another 600 bucks bomb at us.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2012 03:49 PM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

We don't even know how much the 720 and PS4 will cost...and in the case of Sony we know nothing lol.

I doubt Sony will throw another 600 bucks bomb at us.

There was some "leaked" alpha kit specs back around e3... but I can't remember if that shook out to be anything more than bs.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Sep 19th, 2012 03:56 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

I played Mario Sunshine, Metroid Prime, REmake, Twin Snakes, Rogue Squadron, Wind Waker and a few others. Thing is I had the PS2 and Xbox too and they got way more gametime than the gamecube. Although the Gamecube was better than the Xbox IMHO. I don't remember the last game I played on my GC after Twin Snakes. Twilight Princess took forever to come out ~_~ The ONE game I wanted to play lol By the time it came out I had long sold my GC. Xbox got a free pass with the addiction to Xbox Live thanks to Halo 2.

Ah, guess I stand corrected then. I take it Tales of Symphonia was one of those few others? And yeah, I feel you there on Twilight Princess because of the timing and ended up just playing a friend's copy. lol

Hope console power isn't the reason for Nintendo to get a lack of 3rd party support when the other systems are out (again), but I guess anything's possible. If it does happen though I'll live. If that's the case, makes me wonder if or when they'll ever have something truly next-gen somewhere down the line as opposed to releasing something that's barely above current-gen just to get a head start... Hate when history repeats itself like that.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2012 04:36 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

I don't think there'll be a PS4 anytime soon.

The new slimmer, lighter PS3 has just been announced.

The 250GB version is bundled with Uncharted 3, whilst the 500GB version comes with Assassin's Creed III w/ 4 exclusive levels only for PS3.

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Sep 19th, 2012 04:50 PM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote