KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Current Gen Console Discussions (PS5, Xbox Series X, Switch (Pro?) OFFICIAL THREAD

Current Gen Console Discussions (PS5, Xbox Series X, Switch (Pro?) OFFICIAL THREAD
Started by: Barker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (134): « First ... « 132 133 [134]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm

They probably looked at Gamecubes success compared to the Wii and concluded power means nothing. Which is a shame, the GameCube was an awesome system held back by bad support.

Why do component cables need to be super rare and expensive, when I can buy a set for my PS2 for 15 bucks?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2023 11:58 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

UK blocked the Xbox/Activision merger today.

https://www.theverge.com/2023/4/26/...-blocked-uk-cma

MS will be trying to appeal this which will take another year I hear. Wanted this deal to happen but if they're just gonna keep neglecting and/or slowly churning out what they have already while focusing mostly on this deal, I think they should give up. It's to where this is just stupid now. A higher up somewhere has to be losing their patience with Phil.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2023 08:02 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

That Game Pass is declared the problem and the UK (and for all we know the EU) don't want it to be more OP than it already is with multiple live service juggernauts (CoD, WoW, Overwatch, Diablo, etc.) put in it, Xbox could've said "fine, we won't put those on Game Pass" but that idea never crossing their minds, they really are just doing all this solely for the sake of that streaming service aren't they? What about console, guys?

Much as I loathe current Sony, at least they still treat the console space as equally important as everything else they do. Sure, MS doesn't -need- Xbox like Sony does Playstation, but still maybe they oughta value their console brand some like they did before all this cloud gaming hoopla?

Old Post Apr 27th, 2023 05:49 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

If it really was to protect Gamepass, it may wind up being the best move in the long term.

Cloud gaming is only growing, and will likely be the norm in time. It appears that Sony is prepping to strengthen their cloud services too, if those cloud related job openings are any indicator.

https://www.theverge.com/23677968/s...ow-jobs-patents

Old Post Apr 27th, 2023 06:02 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Accessibility is great but I don't like how corporate right now is sounding like they may axe physical one day because of cloud gaming and physical sales on the Xbox side are only on the decline no thanks to them being dead ass slow on their exclusives, so it makes everyone ask the fair question "why do I need a Series X?" Hi Fi Rush is game of the year material but that's a droplet compared to the buckets Nintendo & Playstation fans drink. The demand for physical Metroid Prime Remastered was certainly nuts.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2023 06:58 PM
ares834

lmao
What a ridiculous decision. Blocked because of cloud gaming? lmao Clown world.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2023 06:25 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Talk about Hi Fi Rush apparently lucking out. If overseeing their current number of studios is this poor judging from Redfall, imagine Xbox actually gaining Activision's on top of Bethesda's. Now they'll have to really, really, REALLY deliver on Starfield.

Old Post May 2nd, 2023 10:38 AM
Tzeentch
#gottem

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Xbox could've said "fine, we won't put those on Game Pass"
The law doesn't work that way. Legally, there is nothing stopping MS from saying, after the merger is approved, "ahh just kidding we're putting it on gamepass lmao". It's their product, they can do what they want with it.

Any review of the merger has to be done under the assumption that MS will eventually do with their new IPs whatever will bring them the maximum income. If that means putting these games on Gamepass and making them MS exclusives, then it must be assumed by the regulatory bodies that that's what MS is going to do.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post May 3rd, 2023 08:01 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Today while addressing the Redfall controversy, Phil dives into insanity.

quote:
I see the commentary that if you just build great games everything will turn around. It’s just not true that if we go off and build great games all of a sudden you’re going to see console share shift in some dramatic way. We lost the worst generation to lose in the Xbox One generation, where everybody built their digital library of games. We want our Xbox community to feel awesome, but this idea that if we just focused more on great games on our console that somehow we’re going to win the console race doesn’t really lay into the reality of most people. There is no world where Starfield is an 11 out of 10 and people start selling their PS5s, that’s not going to happen.

Time for Xbox to get a new CEO. This self-defeat he's spieling is the scariest thing for a console owner to hear.

Last edited by Nemesis X on May 5th, 2023 at 12:34 AM

Old Post May 5th, 2023 12:20 AM
NewGuy01
perpetual

...so if his plan isn't to make better games, what is it?

Old Post May 5th, 2023 01:33 PM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

To make money.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 5th, 2023 05:57 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by Tzeentch
The law doesn't work that way. Legally, there is nothing stopping MS from saying, after the merger is approved, "ahh just kidding we're putting it on gamepass lmao". It's their product, they can do what they want with it.

Any review of the merger has to be done under the assumption that MS will eventually do with their new IPs whatever will bring them the maximum income. If that means putting these games on Gamepass and making them MS exclusives, then it must be assumed by the regulatory bodies that that's what MS is going to do.

And this is why I am sticking to my retro consoles thank you very much. I have my collection, maybe half of the games have been played, maybe I'll dig up Warhawk for my PS1 days if I could ever find it. The heck with Game Pass and digital online always and all this other garbage that's happening in the world today of Gaming.

I have so many epic game store giveaways at this point that I'll probably never touch most of them even if I lived to be 200.

Old Post May 5th, 2023 05:58 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

To be fair, what Phil Spencer assured that MS did a better job of assisting development on Starfield than it did on Redfall. The self-defeating attitude he showed over Redfall is concerning though, yeah.

Old Post May 5th, 2023 06:02 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by Nemesis X

Talk about Hi Fi Rush apparently lucking out. If overseeing their current number of studios is this poor judging from Redfall, imagine Xbox actually gaining Activision's on top of Bethesda's. Now they'll have to really, really, REALLY deliver on Starfield.
to be honest Hi-Fi Rush is really only just okay. The fact that the game like this is considered the pretty big deal since more about the state of gaming than anything really, this would have been an average game back in the day.

Old Post May 5th, 2023 06:20 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by cdtm
to be honest Hi-Fi Rush is really only just okay. The fact that the game like this is considered the pretty big deal since more about the state of gaming than anything really, this would have been an average game back in the day.

If it didn't have catchy music that was in sync to everything you and the environment do, I'd agree but as a rhythm-based beat em up, got more going for it than you're giving credit. It just...feels nice. IMO.

That's one thing I like about Phil: he could've told Tango "Scrap it, make Evil Within 3. Horror be in!" but let Mikami continue with his pet project. Giving studios liberty to do whatever games they want very ideal but that doesn't excuse not giving oversights to make sure those games, y'know, work?

I'm actually glad the ActiBlizz merger got blocked now. Redfall opened my eyes the more studios they absorb into Game Pass, the less concerned devs are for quality if everyone is just going to pay $15 monthly and play them for "free". Personally, I never cared for their Videogame Netflix. For $15, I can buy a game I like that's on sale to add to my backlog. The frig do I need their service for? And plus, last I heard, games on there don't stay forever and eventually get pulled down. Preservation > subscriptions.

Old Post May 5th, 2023 09:39 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

You guys hear about that bloomberg report that came out yesterday regarding Redfall? Here's a snippet.

quote:
Veteran workers who weren't interested in developing a multiplayer game left in droves. By the end of Redfall's development, roughly 70% of the Austin staff who had worked on Prey would no longer be at the company. Filling vacancies became a challenge.

Zenimax wanted to chase the Fortnite trend, devs told Zen where to shove that, get told to make the game anyway, devs leave, surprise Pikachu face. Also, the reason for the lack of oversight from Microsoft was they entrusted Zenimax to do that for them. So yeah, for once, MS wasn't responsible killing a studio under them. Still doesn't excuse not at least reviewing the game before it launched.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2023 02:26 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

$80 for PS Plus huh?

https://noisypixel.net/playstation-...september-2023/

If Xbox wasn't falling behind, I'd be worried about them still trying to hike their prices too. But just in case, any recommendations for a gaming PC?

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2023 01:46 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Why the hell does the PS5 Slim's disc drive require internet?

Old Post Oct 25th, 2023 07:08 PM
NewGuy01
perpetual

As in... to eject?

Old Post Dec 24th, 2023 10:23 PM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote