KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Cyberpunk 2077

Cyberpunk 2077
Started by: Zack Fair

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 9 10 [11]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yeah....I hate Youtubers like that...

I used to like Angry Joe but I would agree on your point. He at least seems to be consistent on his viewpoints and it sometimes doesn't jive with the majority.

I know there is issues with popular gaming publications for sure...but I always wonder why people seem to think Youtubers are better....and less "sold out". Or I would say more honorable.

I watch some Youtube channels and half way through I'm like "why I am listening to this....what does this ****er know about games than I do"

Old Post Dec 18th, 2020 02:24 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

I have two friends who requested refunds for the game from Sony. They both play on the base PS4, and both were denied by Sony, claiming "CD Projekt Red is committed to fixing the issues" and basically to tough it out. "Offering full refunds" appears to be a bullshit lie, at least going by the anecdotal evidence I've seen. Some people are getting lucky, but from what I see, a lot are being denied.

Last edited by Trocity on Dec 18th, 2020 at 06:25 PM

Old Post Dec 18th, 2020 06:18 PM
Trocity is currently offline Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yeah, it's a weird situation.

People are praising Sony for giving full refunds (which is a good thing) but their policy seems to be worst than other companies.

For instance, Steam allows refunds if you buy and only play it for 2 hours or less (and they are not strict on that either)..I believe Microsoft has that policy as well.

But.....Sony is basically, if you download it, your ****ed. So...is it the case that Sony is just allowing refunds similar to how MS/Steam does it? Or something more.

We should praise Sony they are allowing this...but make the effort to acknowledge their return policy is more strict than other competitors.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2020 06:28 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

No we shouldn't. Sony, specifically the Playstation division, is an absolute garbage company when it comes to things like this.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2020 06:31 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtnado
Restricted

Account Restricted

Honestly they should have only released the PC version recently.

Definitely should have at least waited on the PS4 version, I'm not sure how the xbox1 version plays.

Honestly why even release it on PS4 at all?

Last edited by Surtnado on Dec 19th, 2020 at 07:31 PM

Old Post Dec 19th, 2020 07:25 PM
Surtnado is currently offline Click here to Send Surtnado a Private Message Find more posts by Surtnado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtnado
Restricted

Account Restricted

Looking it up it says PS5 and X/S versions aren't going to be released until 2021.

Should have held off all versions until then.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2020 07:28 PM
Surtnado is currently offline Click here to Send Surtnado a Private Message Find more posts by Surtnado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Why release on the PS4? That's 104 million consoles.

Is Cyberpunk 2077 so far advanced that it can be released on a console that plays Red Dead Redemption 2 and other highly advanced games.

The thing is...problems are not just graphics issues but stuff in open world games that have been around since GTA3. Seeing police officers pop up from thin air behind you is not good game design.... or how lifeless traffic and pedestrians are.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2020 07:49 PM
Surtnado
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hopefully the rollout of the PS5 and X/S versions will be smoother.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2020 07:51 PM
Surtain Death
Restricted

Account Restricted

Makes me wonder how the rollout of the next Elder Scrolls game will go.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2020 09:37 PM
Surtain Death is currently offline Click here to Send Surtain Death a Private Message Find more posts by Surtain Death Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smasandian

People are praising Sony for giving full refunds (which is a good thing) but their policy seems to be worst than other companies.

For instance, Steam allows refunds if you buy and only play it for 2 hours or less (and they are not strict on that either)..I believe Microsoft has that policy as well.

But.....Sony is basically, if you download it, your ****ed. So...is it the case that Sony is just allowing refunds similar to how MS/Steam does it? Or something more.

We should praise Sony they are allowing this...but make the effort to acknowledge their return policy is more strict than other competitors.

No mystery about it. They hand select a lucky few for as much positive PR they can conjure while trying to hold onto as much from the sales as they can. Basically how Todd Howard handled refunds for Fallout 76 and Fallout 76 gamers are reliving again.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2020 11:14 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Sony should be doing the refunds regardless for any game.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2020 12:49 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I agree.

I don't mind the Steam policy (which was brought into action due to the Europe's laws)...where its 2 hours and 14 days and then case by case basis when you go past it. I think that's probably the fairest.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2020 01:16 AM
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Old Post Dec 21st, 2020 10:20 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

I agree.

I don't mind the Steam policy (which was brought into action due to the Europe's laws)...where its 2 hours and 14 days and then case by case basis when you go past it. I think that's probably the fairest.

Steam refund policy screwed me on one sale.

Maybe because I put a bunch up on a bank card, and demanded cash back instead of steam wallet funds. **** that shit, I don't want your store credit.

I did want the game, but I wanted the "bundle sale" that included a free dlc soundtrack. Instead I only got both games for the same price, no soundtrack.

5 bucks I think.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2020 10:52 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Refund policy clearly states it gets refunded based on the payment method. If they cannot do that, it's store credit.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2020 12:52 AM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Refund policy clearly states it gets refunded based on the payment method. If they cannot do that, it's store credit.

I got a refund for a single purchase though.

They never actually denied me, I waited the better half of the day and didn't want to miss the sale, so rebought the first game I got a refund on and cancelled the cancel on the other.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2020 01:10 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote