KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Cyberpunk 2077

Cyberpunk 2077
Started by: Zack Fair

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm
Yeah, same deal with Red Dead Redemption. Serviceable gameplay, but doesn't hold a candle to your Max Paynes or Vanquish..

I guess Dragon's Dogma/Dark Souls is the exception. You get a very pretty environment, and fantastic gameplay.
But even then, Dark Souls suffers from lack of exposition to really make it the middle ground example you're looking for

I used to think like Backfire but grew bored of always looking for the same thing in a video game. Now it's easier for me to appreciate both gameplay focused games as well as the narrative driven ones, even if fans of each like to flame the phuck out of each other for no reason.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Sep 5th, 2018 01:46 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Same here. I actually never minded the long Metal Gear cut scenes.

But I grew up on jrpg's during the Nintendo age, and those are all narrative driven (After the very early Final Fantasies/Dragon Warrior, at least)

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2018 01:59 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Have you ever played the Dishonored series?

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Sep 5th, 2018 02:44 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Looking forward to seeing more of this at E3. There's a box art/release date leak floating around the internet but it looks and sounds fake so we'll see.

PWNT

Old Post Jun 8th, 2019 11:56 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Keanu Reeves is presenting Cyberpunk 2077 right now at E3. The release date is 4-16-2020.

PWNT

Last edited by Arachnid1 on Jun 9th, 2019 at 08:29 PM

Old Post Jun 9th, 2019 08:25 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Lol..the creator of Cyberpunk basically telling people to F' off over all the backlash, Basically telling him what he should be offended by.

Last edited by Kazenji on Jun 19th, 2019 at 01:18 AM

Old Post Jun 19th, 2019 01:10 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

What backlash?

Old Post Jun 19th, 2019 02:11 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by NemeBro
What backlash?

This one.

https://www.pcgamer.com/cyberpunk-c...t-e3-criticism/

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2019 02:55 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Not very widespread backlash. That criticism came from an editorial on RPS (not linking since I don't want to spread clicks). Mike Pondersmith, creator of the Cyberpunk tabletop game (he's also working on the video game with CDPR), gave bullet-point reply that called out the stupidity of the article. The Founder of RPS then backed up the idiot who wrote the article on twitter with a retarded retort that completely missed the point Pondersmith made.

Then Cyberpunk sold a fuk ton on steam in preorders to be the top selling game. The founder nearly shit himself:

(please log in to view the image)

I agree with the idea that you shouldn't preorder, but the reason he made CP2077 the centerpiece of that article is kind of transparent.

PWNT

Last edited by Arachnid1 on Jun 20th, 2019 at 10:01 PM

Old Post Jun 20th, 2019 09:59 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Nemesis X
This one.

https://www.pcgamer.com/cyberpunk-c...t-e3-criticism/

SJW's strike again.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2019 11:13 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I wouldn't really call them SJW's....more so ignorant people.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2019 05:55 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I agree regarding release date....I highly doubt its coming out in April 2020. It's almost an entire year until the date and its a very complicated game....I say Aug 2020.....

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2019 01:26 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Originally posted by Arachnid1
Not very widespread backlash. That criticism came from an editorial on RPS (not linking since I don't want to spread clicks). Mike Pondersmith, creator of the Cyberpunk tabletop game (he's also working on the video game with CDPR), gave bullet-point reply that called out the stupidity of the article. The Founder of RPS then backed up the idiot who wrote the article on twitter with a retarded retort that completely missed the point Pondersmith made.

Then Cyberpunk sold a fuk ton on steam in preorders to be the top selling game. The founder nearly shit himself:

(please log in to view the image)

I agree with the idea that you shouldn't preorder, but the reason he made CP2077 the centerpiece of that article is kind of transparent.

CDPR themselves said people should wait until they can see more footage and gameplay before they preorder, so he's literally mad at people for spending their own money on something they want.

Also CDPR have been working on this game for years, and I mean even before Witcher 3. They said almost nothing the entire time, so if they drop a release date, at E3 at that? It's coming out on that day.

I reeeeaaally hope he's a man of his word and eats his f*cking shorts on release day.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2019 07:31 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

You really think there isn't a chance this release date gets pushed back?

And I don't understand how CDPR hasn't said anything. They have been talking about this game over the last year. They even showed 40ish minutes of gameplay last year.

The game could be out on that date but a highly doubt a huge game like this with many different systems and story elements will hit a date the first time. Witcher 3 was delayed numerous amounts of time.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2019 12:17 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Have you ever played the Dishonored series?

Missed this.

I have it on my 360, and played for about ten minutes. I have a problem with stealth based games, where I want to play it the "right" way, sneaking around without being seen like a ninja, and end up getting caught, go on a killing spree, and quit in shame.

The exception is MGS, where I just snap necks/slit throats, then run and hide if I trip an alarm.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2019 12:47 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Originally posted by Smasandian
You really think there isn't a chance this release date gets pushed back?

And I don't understand how CDPR hasn't said anything. They have been talking about this game over the last year. They even showed 40ish minutes of gameplay last year.

The game could be out on that date but a highly doubt a huge game like this with many different systems and story elements will hit a date the first time. Witcher 3 was delayed numerous amounts of time.

I'm pretty confident they wouldn't have announced it after nearly a decade of silence if they weren't ready to release it then.

And as I mentioned, almost the entire development time. They started showing stuff late 2018 and now in 2019. But that's a year or 2 from release. Before that there was almost nothing out there.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2019 12:01 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Game pushed back Sept 17th 2020.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2020 09:49 PM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Old Post Jan 16th, 2020 10:08 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

LOL. Predictable.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2020 12:15 AM
Trocity is currently offline Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I would be surprised if it doesn't get pushed back until Nov/Dec.

I wonder if one the reasons is because the new systems are out and they had a chance to include them in the release.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2020 12:54 AM