KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » Superior Spiderman. Thoughts?

Superior Spiderman. Thoughts?
Started by: Whiteclipse

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SamZED

quote: (post)
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
It's close enough. You know what is so pathetic about it? That Parker treated his pregnant wife worse than Pym ever treated Janet, but didn't have the guts to defend himself against that gay student. Coward.

Doom cried most likely because he wanted/planned to do it himself and got beat to it.
And yet Wolverine admires him. And so do you secretly. Aint that a #$%@! stick out tongue But seriously lets stay on-topic.

Originally posted by wildernesss
scarlet spider seems like the better series to me. I've only read the first issue of the new spider-man, but I didn't find it to be anything other than semi-interesting.
Give it a couple more issues. It's not bad.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2013 07:48 AM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by SamZED
But seriously lets stay on-topic.

Party pooper...

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2013 03:05 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TsunamicTadpole
Restricted

Account Restricted

I have the comic's so far I actually like the idea Peter Parker is manifested within the mind of Ottawa watching over the reform supervillain keeping him in check some what and seeing how his life was be for not to mention he learning how it is to be a superhero in the eye of a hero

Old Post Feb 26th, 2013 09:49 AM
TsunamicTadpole is currently offline Click here to Send TsunamicTadpole a Private Message Find more posts by TsunamicTadpole Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jitay
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by JayDaDon
Nope. That's a line that in this day and age, Marvel wouldn't cross in a spider-man comic. Because that would be rape.

remember ms marvel

Old Post Apr 30th, 2013 04:27 PM
jitay is currently offline Click here to Send jitay a Private Message Find more posts by jitay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

So [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Otto erased Pete permanently. Wonder what Slott has planned next. And how is he planning to bring Pete back. And we know he's gonna...

Old Post May 5th, 2013 11:21 AM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Most like, I'm thinkin' he'll have to bring em back himself cuz he'll either:

Need him for something

Trying to stop him cuz he probably took over another mind

Or other heroes will wise up, take him down and bring him back.

Old Post May 5th, 2013 12:46 PM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Took over another mind? You mean Pete?

Old Post May 5th, 2013 01:06 PM
BruhMan
World Champion

I'm sure Pete will be back just in time for the movie.

Old Post May 6th, 2013 08:01 PM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vensai

I'm sure Pete will be back soon enough, that's kind of his job as a superhero.

Credit to Scythe

Old Post May 7th, 2013 09:54 AM
Vensai is currently offline Click here to Send Vensai a Private Message Find more posts by Vensai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

I still think that Otto will ultimately "will peter his body back" to make up for his redemption. I dont know though, that last issue was a gutshot.

Sig by Scribble

Old Post May 7th, 2013 04:53 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Moshfather

They couldn't even keep Parker dead for a single issue (-_-) cheap disney tactics to sell more comics.

Old Post May 7th, 2013 05:16 PM
The_Moshfather is currently offline Click here to Send The_Moshfather a Private Message Find more posts by The_Moshfather Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Huh? He's been dead for nine. And now even that fragment of his memory's gone.

Old Post May 9th, 2013 08:43 AM
The_Moshfather

It was my understanding that he returned in ethereal form straight after his death.

Old Post May 10th, 2013 01:41 AM
The_Moshfather is currently offline Click here to Send The_Moshfather a Private Message Find more posts by The_Moshfather Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vensai

Originally posted by The_Moshfather
It was my understanding that he returned in ethereal form straight after his death.

Well, Doc took care of that.

Credit to Scythe

Old Post May 10th, 2013 08:11 AM
Vensai is currently offline Click here to Send Vensai a Private Message Find more posts by Vensai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tijay
Restricted

Account Restricted

spidey is dearased

Old Post May 14th, 2013 12:58 PM
tijay is currently offline Click here to Send tijay a Private Message Find more posts by tijay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
doctorstrongbad

Otto is okay as Spidey, but nobody can replace Peter Parker.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2013 02:30 PM
doctorstrongbad is currently offline Click here to Send doctorstrongbad a Private Message Find more posts by doctorstrongbad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zeeshanaayan07

These all the brilliant picture of the Game. Here I am sharing a great post for my friends and the regular visitors of killermovies forum can easily download it

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2013 07:12 AM
zeeshanaayan07 is currently offline Click here to Send zeeshanaayan07 a Private Message Find more posts by zeeshanaayan07 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChloePat

My problem with the new series is that I don't think it's very interesting. I was quite happy when it looked like they were killing off Doc Ock, and I loved Big Time.

The concept's great, and I really enjoyed the start of Superior, but I think Slott's dragged it on longer than it needed. They can only have every character, bar one or two going, 'Boy, Peter/Spidey sure is acting strange today!' before it just gets silly.

That being said, the fact they've just introduced Spider-Man 2099 into the mix is fun. (and I quite like the new design)

Old Post Sep 4th, 2013 02:42 PM
ChloePat is currently offline Click here to Send ChloePat a Private Message Find more posts by ChloePat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

Originally posted by ChloePat
My problem with the new series is that I don't think it's very interesting. I was quite happy when it looked like they were killing off Doc Ock, and I loved Big Time.

The concept's great, and I really enjoyed the start of Superior, but I think Slott's dragged it on longer than it needed. They can only have every character, bar one or two going, 'Boy, Peter/Spidey sure is acting strange today!' before it just gets silly.

That being said, the fact they've just introduced Spider-Man 2099 into the mix is fun. (and I quite like the new design)

From the scans I've seen posted here, the series is awesome.
If I any longer had a local comic shop in my area, I might have a regular pull order.

I don't understand your point of view: If Doctor Octopus has not been killed off, that means Peter Parker has. What exactly do you find uninteresting about that?

As a Spider-Man fan, frankly, this feels like wish fulfillment.

One, you get to see some real character development from Doc Ock.
I mean, he is EARNESTLY trying to be a hero and do the right thing in this guise.

Two is that you get to see Spider-Man overcome the most glaring historical weakness of his character: failing to realize that, like a soldier in war, sometimes a man must take the life of an aggressor who is beyond reason and compassion. There is no way, for instance, any conscionable man would have allowed Carnage to live after he REPEATEDLY escaped incarceration only to kill again, be incarcerated again, escape again, and kill anew.

Sentry put a stop to that in the most fan-pleasing moment of his career.
You can bet Otto would have had a similarly satisfactory solution.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2013 11:17 PM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChloePat

As I said, I enjoyed it to begin with, great concept, and yes, interesting to see Ock grow.
But I still feel it's gone on too long.

And his refusal to kill isn't exactly just a Spider-man thing. Taking moral cues from Sentry isn't the best idea either.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2013 10:06 AM
ChloePat is currently offline Click here to Send ChloePat a Private Message Find more posts by ChloePat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote