KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » The Amazing Spider-man 2 (2014)

The Amazing Spider-man 2 (2014)
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DARTH POWER

Is there a Spider Slayer in that picture too on the left?

Some people are saying its the mechanical Rhino from the Ultimate verse....doesn't look like it.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2013 12:51 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

They've released a few short clips of Spidey falling and swinging around. It kind of reminds me of the clips they released as teasers to the first Spiderman movie from the previous trilogy. I'm excited for this! Also, since you guys haven't posted it yet, here's the first poster for the movie. We've got our first look at Rhino (who is mechanical like his ultimate incarnation), and our first look at the Green Goblin (who's on a glider like his 616 incarnation).

(please log in to view the image)

PWNT

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2013 07:04 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

You know what? I just noticed that that billboard to the upper right of Electro gives a shot of the Goblins face. That looks good, except slightly young. I'm pretty sure the Goblin in this movie is going to end up being Harry. Facial structure wise, he looks similar.

PWNT

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2013 07:48 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

I hope they won't pull a Barakapooll with Norman making him a mix of all movie villains. Ultimate looking but on a glider.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2013 02:56 AM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Well that is[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Harry on the Glider:

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/spi...2-news-round-up

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2013 09:08 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress...n-2-posters.jpg

Bigger version of the poster that's enhanced. Goblin looks terrible to me now. Hopefully, he delivers on the acting at least. Also, we've got a leaked pic of the russian trailer.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]:
http://a.disquscdn.com/uploads/medi...62/original.jpg

Those look a whole lot like Vultures wings and Ocks arms.

Last but lot least:

"Another bit of news could hint at yet another villain. This comes from Sony's viral news blog The Daily Bugle. Reporter Ned Leeds -- who becomes Hobgoblin in the Spider-Man comics, but that isn't even the story here -- writes about a bank robbery the police were unable to stop because "some kind of sustained vibration literally shook the door off its hinges and ripped the walls apart in the process.” Detective Stan Carter -- another reference to the comics -- states, "When we catch him, we don’t expect anything more than a common crook with a clever toy.” - IGN

PWNT

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2013 09:22 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Amazing how many people are ignorant to the Ultimate universe

getting people complaining about Rhino using a Mech suit.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2013 02:21 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

They still could have done much better with Rhino though. Same with Goblin.

PWNT

Old Post Dec 4th, 2013 06:44 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I've noticed with Rhino they've taken it too literally.....seem to have him walking on all 4 legs.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2013 06:55 AM
SamZED

Is it me or does the animation seem... incomplete?

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2013 02:20 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackZero30x
Jack

In the trailer Rhino seems to be standing straight up. I wonder if that means he goes down to all fours while running. It also seems like in the scene with the wings and ocks tentacles, the guy walking in the room is the one from the after the credits scene in AMS1. I will say at the 2:09 mark and onward it, to me, feels like Im watching a comicbook come to life.

BlackZero30X:The Signatures XBL Gamertag

Old Post Dec 5th, 2013 06:24 PM
BlackZero30x is currently offline Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nimbus006
Accuser

I thought the trailer was pretty damn good.

By: Juk

Old Post Dec 5th, 2013 06:41 PM
nimbus006 is currently offline Click here to Send nimbus006 a Private Message Find more posts by nimbus006 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ I agree. And looks like they're making the multiple villain thing work now.

Unlike Spider-Man 3 which was a mess in handling the logistics of having 3 villains.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2013 10:14 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

^for anyone who hasn't yet seen it

That trailer was great. I'm liking Foxx as Electro. He gives off the same sinister vibe his 616 counterpart does to me. His Ultimate Version always seemed like a typical thug with amazing powers and a temper problem. This one seems like a geniunly bad guy (which, to this day, we haven't had in a Spiderman villain except that terrible Venom). I'm sold on him, and Foxx has always been a good actor.

Rhinos suit is terrible, but he will probably be a throw away villain. His character is already confirmed to be a joke thug encounter with a machine gun in the beginning that gets dispatched relatively easily.

Docs arms and Vultures wings are cool easter eggs.

Dehaan seems like he's going to make a great Harry. I'm still not sold on his costume, but his acting will be great. He's probably going to end up getting killed. Norman will take the same treatent he did in rage and hopefully become the Green Goblin we deserve.

Also, I've confirmed the after credits scene, so you probably shouldn't read the following spoiler.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: 1:20 is the after credits scene. Six numbered blast doors opening revealing containment units inside? We've got Shocker, Rhino, Electro, Lizard, and Goblin (who will probably die) as confirmed in existence. We've also got Ocks arms and Vultures wings, who will probably finish the six after Harry is gone, leaving the real Green Goblin with his own movie. I'm betting the after credits scene will just show all six villains (or the majority of them) in containment. Spiderman 3 will give us the Norman as Goblin, where he'll kill Gwen and at some point cause a massive containment breach setting the six on the world.

We also know that Oscorp has been keeping tabs on Pete, which means they know he's Spiderman. I bet they're going to go the Ultimate route and have the entire Sinister 6 know who Pete is and target him directly. I remember that caused hell for him in Ultimate Six.

And they do have Spidey's agility down well, but the fights in the Raimi trilogy were more fun to watch IMO. No super hero movie has come close to his encounters with Goblin or Ock yet. I was hoping this movie would, but it doesn't look like it yet.

And it looks like Spidey will get some good feats this time around. We've got confirmed bullet timing and him catching that car was impressive. That trailer has pushed my hype for this movie way up.

PWNT

Old Post Dec 5th, 2013 11:21 PM
Arachnid1

http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/12/0...-rewind-theater

They had an easter egg pointing towards Venom. It's impossible to catch if you don't go frame by frame and enhance like these guys, but the symbiote is being stored at Oscorp. I'm betting that was Petes fathers work, and they killed him and his wife after he refused to weaponize it. That falls in line almost exactly with the Ultimate origin for Venom.

Apparently MJ is in the trailer too. Turns out she didn't get cut I guess.

PWNT

Old Post Dec 6th, 2013 12:05 AM
BruhMan
World Champion

That was the best trailer for a comicbook movie I've seen in ages. I think they just might pull it off. I couldn't help thinking, "THIS is Spider-man" several times throughout. The battle scenes seem to have finally hit the perfect pace for a spidey film. I thought rhino looked cool. It was obvious the mechanical way was the smartest way to go with him(could do without the four legged zoid mode, but not too bothered by it) otherwise, damn this has potential to be my fave spidey movie ever.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2013 04:01 AM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by JayDaDon
That was the best trailer for a comicbook movie I've seen in ages. I think they just might pull it off. I couldn't help thinking, "THIS is Spider-man" several times throughout. The battle scenes seem to have finally hit the perfect pace for a spidey film. I thought rhino looked cool. It was obvious the mechanical way was the smartest way to go with him(could do without the four legged zoid mode, but not too bothered by it) otherwise, damn this has potential to be my fave spidey movie ever.

thumb up

Old Post Dec 6th, 2013 09:14 AM
BruhMan
World Champion

Originally posted by SamZED
Is it me or does the animation seem... incomplete?

What do you mean? Looks great to me

Old Post Dec 6th, 2013 01:34 PM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ankur29
ankur

why is rhino a robot when they established that DNA can be spliced in the first movie.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2013 11:32 PM
ankur29 is currently offline Click here to Send ankur29 a Private Message Find more posts by ankur29 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

Actually the rhino was pretty much a humanoid spliced rhino in the amazing spider-man video game and it was just.....phucking stupid.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2013 12:53 AM