KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » The Amazing Spider-man 2 (2014)

The Amazing Spider-man 2 (2014)
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ankur29
why is rhino a robot when they established that DNA can be spliced in the first movie.

Rhino will obviously be minor in this film. No point doing the whole DNA Splicing stuff for the minor baddie.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2013 02:00 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Originally posted by JayDaDon
What do you mean? Looks great to me
I mean the action scenes. In particular everything Spider-man does. Doesn't look real to me for some reason, like watching a video game cutscene.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2013 08:25 AM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

Well that's a common problem with all the spidey movies once he really starts moving like only he can. But they will most likely mix in practical effects with the cgi and continue working on the visuals. Also it will probably look a lot better in 3d.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2013 08:35 AM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Originally posted by SamZED
I mean the action scenes. In particular everything Spider-man does. Doesn't look real to me for some reason, like watching a video game cutscene.
That's because it's all CGI. Raimi's films had a ton of greenskin nonsense too, but ASM and its sequel seem to have almost zero practical effects. Everything looks overproduced.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Dec 7th, 2013 08:35 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

Honestly though, if theyre gonna be as faithful as possible portraying Spidey's movements and the look of his fights, CGI is vital. There will probably be just as many practical effects in the fights too.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2013 04:42 PM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackZero30x
Jack

^agreed. They wanna keep pace with Spider-Mans abilities in the comics with out watering him down. They will need a lot of CGI. Its one of the down falls of making a superhero movie I guess. That end part of the trailer was obviously entirely CGI but it also completely embodied Spidy's movements from the books.

BlackZero30X:The Signatures XBL Gamertag

Old Post Dec 7th, 2013 04:52 PM
BlackZero30x is currently offline Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Don't have any beef with CGI. Spiderman in this series is shaping up to be much quicker and agile than his Raimi counterpart.

The problem is that those superior stunts are coming at the cost of substance. You need practical effects mixed in with the CGI, otherwise you get Man of Steel fights; blurs of CGI fighting each other on CGI backgrounds. Fun, but not memorable. Compare Raimi's fights with ASM's. Spidey vs. Doc Ock on the train is iconic. I doubt anyone can remember specific events of Spiderman's fights with the Lizard beyond all the ****ing flips he was doing.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Dec 7th, 2013 08:11 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackZero30x
Jack

Originally posted by Tzeentch
Don't have any beef with CGI. Spiderman in this series is shaping up to be much quicker and agile than his Raimi counterpart.

The problem is that those superior stunts are coming at the cost of substance. You need practical effects mixed in with the CGI, otherwise you get Man of Steel fights; blurs of CGI fighting each other on CGI backgrounds. Fun, but not memorable. Compare Raimi's fights with ASM's. Spidey vs. Doc Ock on the train is iconic. I doubt anyone can remember specific events of Spiderman's fights with the Lizard beyond all the ****ing flips he was doing.

I know what ya mean but its hard to portray someone with super powers by using real effects. Especially when who they are trying to portray has super agility and is widely known for dodging.

As for AS1 I recall the fight with lizard in the school and at the end really well.

BlackZero30X:The Signatures XBL Gamertag

Old Post Dec 7th, 2013 08:54 PM
BlackZero30x is currently offline Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

There was a ton of cg in the ock fight too. It really all depends on how well it is balanced with the practical effects and I do think it will be well balanced here.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2013 10:19 PM
BruhMan
World Champion

I cannot freaking wait to see the rhino fight

Old Post Dec 7th, 2013 10:22 PM
Darth Thor

TASM actually went the route of not using CGI for every Spider-Man shot, and just doing some good old fashioned stunts.

The whole scene where he's running from the cops and swinging across the bridge was all just a normal stunt. And Webb said he wanted some regular stunts in it instead of just CGI everywhere.

But I personally didn't like that and prefer full CGI for Spidey. Because the main thing is to show how agile and flexible he is, and to show him dodging all sorts, something I felt was really lacking in Ramai's movies.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2013 11:40 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Spidey cracking jokes in AS2.

I laughed the hardest at Emma Stone though.
"PETER!"
*shit*
<_<
>.>

PWNT

Old Post Dec 13th, 2013 11:48 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

I'm really trying to lower my expectations....but I'm feeling like this is already the greatest Spider-man movie yet.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2013 06:16 AM
Darth Thor

It really does look awesome.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2013 10:56 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Trailer for the game

i actually enjoyed the first game, despite it having bug where you lose your save game/

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2014 03:06 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Ever since SM2 game came out I was always more excited for Spidey movie games than movies even. So far nothing topped SM2 in my book. If they fix web-swinging and add some dodging options as well as SS and reflexes it would be beautiful.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2014 09:04 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

AS 1 game beat the SM2 game imo for me So much better.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2014 12:44 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Can't get over the air swinging. Best thing about SM2 is that you could literally do whatever Spider-man can.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2014 05:40 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

SM game with Gargan as the first boss was the best cool

SM The Movie 1 wasn't bad either.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2014 12:38 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
SM game with Gargan as the first boss was the best cool

SM The Movie 1 wasn't bad either.
Yeah it was. But SM2 introduced free roam which is a must have in a SM game. Plus all the spider powers from comics.

Except Toby's voice acting. Best part is you could play as Green Goblin. Also he had a super speed run button. I sometimes used to pretend I'm playing as Quicksilver. embarrasment

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2014 12:26 PM