KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » The Amazing Spider-man 2 (2014)

The Amazing Spider-man 2 (2014)
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Play as the Green Goblin in that second game?....never knew that one.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2014 12:34 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

No I meant in SM 1 for PS2.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2014 01:16 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SamZED
Yeah it was. But SM2 introduced free roam which is a must have in a SM game. Plus all the spider powers from comics.

Except Toby's voice acting. Best part is you could play as Green Goblin. Also he had a super speed run button. I sometimes used to pretend I'm playing as Quicksilver. embarrasment

Yeah, I know. You told me. Too bad I never had a PS; PC version sucked big time, children from the kindergarten wouldn't have any trouble completing it.

It was called Turbo Run. Yeah, I loved it for the same reason, you could feel like QS. Especially with the right cheat code disabling any ammo limits/overheating (whatever it was).

Originally posted by Kazenji
Play as the Green Goblin in that second game?....never knew that one.

Spider-Man The Movie (1).

Harry Osborn GG (in Norman's armor). You had to complete the game on the hero/superhero difficulty first, though (pretty freaking hard). Using a cheat code instead saved a lot of unnecessary frustration.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2014 04:37 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Old Post Mar 30th, 2014 09:22 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Originally posted by Kazenji

looks awesome. Functioning spider sense. Dodge button. Buying it.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2014 08:04 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by SamZED
looks awesome. Functioning spider sense. Dodge button. Buying it.
That... actually looks pretty good. It looks like an evolution of Spiderman 2.

Spiderman still has a floaty, figdety feel to him from TAS game though. I was hoping he'd feel more weighty and grounded like SM2. They also should have encorporated a stealthy crawl mode (like the Arkham games have Batman crouching to stealth). It bothers me to see Spidey go sprinting up to an enemy from behind and still get the stealth kill (though I guess Spidey does has an easier time at stealth thanks to his powers).

Everything else looks great though. The swinging looks awesome, though it should be a bit more sped up and weighty.

Hopefully the bosses deliver too. Also liking the non-linear map design. So far, so good!

PWNT

Old Post Mar 30th, 2014 10:36 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Watched a review on youtube, the guy said that first time he tried web-swinging he would bump into walls, then eventually he got a handle of it. Sounds like something that'd happen in SM2 game and that's good. Means there's no "easy swing system" for kids but a more realistic approach.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2014 04:02 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Old Post Apr 5th, 2014 11:28 AM
SamZED

Ducking Carnage in ASM2 game. I'm excited but not sure how are they going to pull that off without Venom ever being in that universe.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2014 09:32 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

How does that work

Carnage before the Venom symbiote being used.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2014 09:26 AM
roughrider
Thunderer

Seems like the movie is just an adequate mixed bag of entertainment.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the...g_spider_man_2/

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post May 1st, 2014 04:07 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Sony spent 200 m on advertising alone? Dayum.

Old Post May 1st, 2014 05:10 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Femi32

I can't figure out why Marc Webb's Amazing Spider-man movies aren't clicking with me. If someone doesn't like these movies and can articulate it, please do. I've never been stumped on why I don't like a movie.

Old Post May 2nd, 2014 03:25 AM
Femi32 is currently offline Click here to Send Femi32 a Private Message Find more posts by Femi32 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

^^ Same here. I thought the first one was pretty average. Not a bad movie by any means, but not THAT good, either. I like much of the cast, too like Martin Sheen and Sally Field.

Old Post May 2nd, 2014 05:16 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nimbus006
Accuser

Saw this last night, didn't love it.

Originally posted by Femi32
I can't figure out why Marc Webb's Amazing Spider-man movies aren't clicking with me. If someone doesn't like these movies and can articulate it, please do. I've never been stumped on why I don't like a movie.

I kind of feel the same way. I thought the first one was pretty good. However, TASM 2 felt jumbled and choppy. It has much to do with the script and pacing of the movie. I have a feeling there must have been issues in the editing room. Some parts were really slow, then other parts that needed to be fleshed out more went by way too quick.

What makes it even more unfortunate is that the movies do have great casts and what I feel are really good performances. I actually prefer most of this cast over the original.

Garfield >/= Mcguire
Stone >>>>> Dunst
Sally Fields > Aunt May from first movies

Unfortunately, Fox and Dehaan are wasted. Both have ok performances, but not much depth to them. Fox has some pretty bad dialogue and his motivations for doing what he does are weak.

It just goes to show you how important good story telling is. erm

By: Juk

Old Post May 2nd, 2014 01:30 PM
nimbus006 is currently offline Click here to Send nimbus006 a Private Message Find more posts by nimbus006 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

It might have been an early sign of editing trouble months ago, when we heard Shailene Woodley's role as Mary Jane was being cut completely.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post May 2nd, 2014 02:36 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

54% on Rottentomates? Can't be that bad can it?

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post May 2nd, 2014 09:46 PM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Dunno didn't see any problem with the script or pacing. And those are the things I usually complain about.

Old Post May 3rd, 2014 08:06 AM
dynamix

Originally posted by Femi32

same here, bro. i really want to like it but it's just bla to me. meh.

Old Post May 3rd, 2014 11:22 AM
dynamix is currently offline Click here to Send dynamix a Private Message Find more posts by dynamix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dynamix

Saw it last night. Never seen a superhero cry as much as this guy. sheesh!

Old Post May 3rd, 2014 11:29 AM
dynamix is currently offline Click here to Send dynamix a Private Message Find more posts by dynamix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote