KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Justice League (2018)

Justice League (2018)
Started by: quanchi112

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (233): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
quanchi112
Disney

Justice League of America--problems

Seems dc is just green with envy with the Avengers and probably won't have the JLA movie out by 2015 and maybe forever.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Thre...Ever-35636.html

I'd also say that this madcap dash to assemble a Justice League movie is really a crippling case of Marvel envy, and Warner will come to realize a Justice League movie cobbled together without the proper planning (which takes years) is a fool's errand.

Last edited by quanchi112 on Feb 10th, 2013 at 05:34 AM

Old Post Feb 10th, 2013 05:28 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Mark Miller is another person who thinks its a good way to waste $200 million.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2013 05:49 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

It obviously won't work. Marvel started in 2008 and had over 5 years of buildup, a character bridging all of them together in Nick Fury, and most importantly for the most part all of them were pretty good flicks.

DC hasn't done anything as Nolan's Batman won't be apart of it and the only film they have put out besides Batman in Green Lantern was atrocious apparently(I still haven't seen it).

I say DC just put out Man of Steel, see where that goes, and then focus on other films. Don't worry about a JLA film.

And keep putting out good animation. I see you DCAU.!

(please log in to view the image)

Last edited by Darth Martin on Feb 10th, 2013 at 06:19 AM

Old Post Feb 10th, 2013 06:16 AM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Martin
It obviously won't work. Marvel started in 2008 and had over 5 years of buildup, a character bridging all of them together in Nick Fury, and most importantly for the most part all of them were pretty good flicks.

I don't think "character bridging" or "buildup" is really necessary for a good JLA movie. Sure it would be cool, but not essential. That's because JLA's big 3 - Supes, Bats, and WonderWhore are already iconic even among the general demographic (non-comic book readers). In the Avengers, Hulk is the only real character that people would've known.

What they need is a top director, top cast, top budget, and most importantly a top script. Half-ass/Rush on any of those and it'll probably flop. Problem is, they won't care if its a bad movie, as long as it makes money.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2013 06:57 AM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Placidity
. In the Avengers, Hulk is the only real character that people would've known.

Not if those people have seen the other solo movies before then

and if thats the case then your point is moot.

Last edited by Kazenji on Feb 10th, 2013 at 08:08 AM

Old Post Feb 10th, 2013 08:05 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

Some genius wrote this a couple of years ago.

Originally posted by Darth Martin
When it comes to JLA I have a trilogy theory.

Film 1: Batman vs Superman: The World's Finest
*Show how Batman and Superman meet. Have Bruce go to Metropolis for a business trip in collaboration with LexCorp. Have Lex and one of Batman's villains team up and Superman and Batman are reluctantly forced to create an uneasy alliance. By the end of the film they have certain trust in each other. Lois is uneasy in that she loves Wayne but hates Batman. She's wildly attracted to Superman but is "meh" about Clark.

(Between Film's 1 & 2 there will be a Woner Woman film.)

Film 2: Trinity
*Lois is with someone else at the moment. Have Wonder Woman show up and the three form the Trinity and have a somewhat of a hinted love triangle between the three.

(Between film's 2 & 3 there will be a Green Lantern, Flash, and Aquaman film.)

Film 3: JLA
*Introduce Martian Manhunter after an alien race has invaded Earth. Have the "Trinity" meet the other 3 heroes and form a team. By the end of the film the Justice League is formed.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2013 08:54 AM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

Originally posted by Kazenji
Not if those people have seen the other solo movies before then

and if thats the case then your point is moot.

What are you talking about?

Old Post Feb 10th, 2013 09:25 AM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

I don't think "character bridging" or "buildup" is really necessary for a good JLA movie. Sure it would be cool, but not essential. That's because JLA's big 3 - Supes, Bats, and WonderWhore are already iconic even among the general demographic (non-comic book readers). In the Avengers, Hulk is the only real character that people would've known.

What they need is a top director, top cast, top budget, and most importantly a top script. Half-ass/Rush on any of those and it'll probably flop. Problem is, they won't care if its a bad movie, as long as it makes money.
So you're essentially saying what Marvel pulled off is tremendous since most of the avengers roster isn't iconic. I agree marvel really came through with a definitive plan despite lacking a roster of iconic characters.

Marvel cares that it's a good movie and I agree the dc side probably won't care if it makes a lot of cash but in the end it won't if it sucks. The new Superman prior to this was appalling and widely rejected.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2013 03:14 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

What are you talking about?

You mention the Avengers and the only character most people would'eve know would be Hulk........ok?

so yeah its moot point if people have seen the other solo movies before then.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2013 05:28 AM
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

Originally posted by Kazenji
You mention the Avengers and the only character most people would'eve know would be Hulk........ok?

so yeah its moot point if people have seen the other solo movies before then.

It seems you just repeated yourself there.

What solo movies? They were all part of the Avengers Cinematic Universe. The "solo" movies are exactly what I'm talking about. If they didn't make a Thor/Capt/Iron Man films before Avengers, most people wouldn't have known who they were. DC doesn't need to a series of connected movies/build-up before doing JL film since people are already familiar with their main characters, its not as essential.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2013 09:40 AM
Tzeentch
#gottem

I would really contest the notion that anyone in the JLA besides Superman and Batman are more iconic than Iron Man or Thor.

In any case, I would recommend making solo movies for the JLA, not for the sake of introducing the characters, but for the sake of hyping the movie itself. It's a known fact that comic book movie fatigue has been growing very quickly with the general, non-comic book fan majority. By 2015-16, we're going to already have more marvel movies and a second Avengers film on the horizon. It'll have been 4 years since the last Nolan Batman film came out, and the hype from that will have warn off. By the time we even get to JLA, I'm not sure how much of the average movie goer demographic is going to be especially interested in seeing "that other Avengers movie that's got Superman and Batman in it".

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Last edited by Tzeentch on Feb 11th, 2013 at 11:07 AM

Old Post Feb 11th, 2013 11:00 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

It seems you just repeated yourself there.

Yeah one line....

but you got confused by something else which i was clearing up

quote:
What solo movies? They were all part of the Avengers Cinematic Universe. The "solo" movies are exactly what I'm talking about.

Well you weren't talking about it with your earlier post

but at least that's cleared up.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2013 11:11 AM
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

Originally posted by Tzeentch._
I would really contest the notion that anyone in the JLA besides Superman and Batman are more iconic than Iron Man or Thor.

Firstly, Batman and Superman are by far more well known and iconic than Iron Man and Thor.

I would say Wonder Woman, maybe even Flash is more well known than Iron Man/Thor prior to their movies.

I'm probably talking about people in their mid-20s and up. Younger folks generally only know it through the movies first. Whereas even non-comic-reading Gen Y's and older watched the old shows and cartoons. My mother, who lives under a rock, knows about Superman, Batman, Spider-man, Hulk and vaguely knows Wonder Woman as the "spinning girl". She would have no idea who Iron Man or Thor is.

Marvel's well known characters IMO are Spider-man, X-men and the Hulk.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2013 11:47 AM
Ascendancy

While they may not need solo films, they would certainly help build interest and make everything manageable. Part of the hunger for Avengers came from the little flashes at the end of each Marvel film hinting at more to come and how they would all be tied in together: knowing Loki was still alive, Nick Fury talking to different characters, Tony Stark being consulted about getting people together to go after the Hulk.

DC could get away without this, sure, but why not get all the hype they can? Man of Steel looks great, so use the momentum for more.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2013 05:21 PM
Ascendancy is currently offline Click here to Send Ascendancy a Private Message Find more posts by Ascendancy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

2015 seems too early, but if Man of Steel is a huge success, I can see a JL film in late 2016 or summer of 2017 easily.

I'd personally not mind if they did JL after MoS without individual films. Sure it'd be a gamble, but I'd watch it.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Feb 11th, 2013 06:29 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

[B]Firstly, Batman and Superman are by far more well known and iconic than Iron Man and Thor.
I specifically said "besides Superman and Batman". So, lol?

quote:
I would say Wonder Woman, maybe even Flash is more well known than Iron Man/Thor prior to their movies.

I'm probably talking about people in their mid-20s and up. Younger folks generally only know it through the movies first. Whereas even non-comic-reading Gen Y's and older watched the old shows and cartoons. My mother, who lives under a rock, knows about Superman, Batman, Spider-man, Hulk and vaguely knows Wonder Woman as the "spinning girl". She would have no idea who Iron Man or Thor is.
That's pretty anecdotal. My Dad knows who WW, Flash, Iron Man Thor, and even Ant Man is, and he's never even read comics.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Feb 11th, 2013 07:07 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggerman

I really hope we get at least a Batman and Wonder Woman movie before JL. Then you can add GL in the group and just vaguely reference that horrible movie and bring in the Flash (i'd like Wally West) without an uber amount of backstory (maybe just a freak accident in a lab on the military base that Hal worked at) and expand upon that in his solo movie later. Brainiac would be a good villain here.

Then maybe a few sequels that can reference other heroes in some way while not actually meeting the future members (GL fights White Martians while on a space mission, Amazons seeks help from Atlantis against a common foe). Maybe do Public Enemies. Followed swiftly by solo movies Aquaman, Manhunter, Flash.

Then of course JL 2 with Darkseid.

"I'M THE JUGGERMAN B!TCH"

Old Post Feb 11th, 2013 07:14 PM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggerman

Originally posted by juggerman
I really hope we get at least a Batman and Wonder Woman movie before JL. Then you can add GL in the group and just vaguely reference that horrible movie and bring in the Flash (i'd like Wally West) without an uber amount of backstory (maybe just a freak accident in a lab on the military base that Hal worked at) and expand upon that in his solo movie later. Brainiac would be a good villain here.

Then maybe a few sequels that can reference other heroes in some way while not actually meeting the future members (GL fights White Martians while on a space mission; Amazons seeks help from Atlantis against a common foe,but the current Atlantean king, not Arthur, doesn't help which later causes AM and WW to be at odds). Maybe do Public Enemies where Lex already is Prez so when he is defeated he's still untouchable. Followed swiftly by solo movies Flash, Aquaman, Manhunter.

Then JL 2 where Lex is pissed that he was beaten by Bats and Supes so he decides to get together a group of villains to pose as the JL and wreak havok on the world destroying their reputation. Bizarro/SM, Circe/WW, Sinestro/GL, Zoom/ Flash, Deathstroke/BM, Ma'alefa'ak/MM, and Black Manta?/AM. To keep the real JL from interferring he uses Batman's own contingency plans to kill off the heroes. Obviously a nod to Tower of Babel. After they all survive they face off against Luthor's "Injustice League" in the epic showdown at the end clearing their name.

Then a few more sequels, maybe a few more members (Fate, Canary, Atom, Arrow, Hawkman/woman, Tornado, Elongated Man, Booster Gold, Beetle, Marvel, Orion ect.) And finally we have JL 3 Darkseid arrives.

Made a few changes. I know this would never ever happen but i would love to see this play out on the big screen

"I'M THE JUGGERMAN B!TCH"

Old Post Feb 11th, 2013 08:00 PM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

I specifically said "besides Superman and Batman". So, lol?

I said it because your statement could be read as if saying DC has two iconic characters, but Marvel has their own two (IM/Thor) too. Just pointing out the huge difference, Supes/Bats are in another league. Ha.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2013 09:50 PM
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

That's pretty anecdotal. My Dad knows who WW, Flash, Iron Man Thor, and even Ant Man is, and he's never even read comics.

Well it is and it isn't. Look at what has been in TV and movies back a few decades, and that should explain it. You also have to consider how well known each character is in other countries.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2013 09:55 PM