KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Justice League (2018)

Justice League (2018)
Started by: quanchi112

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (233): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ascendancy

The Watchmen did well because the previews were well cut. Perhaps that's all it will take.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2013 12:21 AM
Ascendancy is currently offline Click here to Send Ascendancy a Private Message Find more posts by Ascendancy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Not just that. Good trailers will only get you so far. If the film had sucked donkey ass, word of mouth and social media outlets would have damaged it shortly after release.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Feb 13th, 2013 12:30 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -Pr-
Quan, I'm not some noob, so don't talk to me like one.

Your record on this forum speaks volumes.
You're just sandy all the time. Just relax and enjoy the board.
Originally posted by Robtard
I own:

DC-
Superman: Doomsday
Justice League: The New Frontier
Batman: Gotham Knight
Wonder Woman
Green Lantern: First Flight
Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths
Batman: Under the Red Hood
Superman/Batman: Apocalypse
All-Star Superman
Green Lantern: Emerald Knights
Batman: Year One
Justice League: Doom
Superman vs. The Elite
Batman: The Dark Knight Returns

Marvel-
Ultimate Avengers
Ultimate Avengers 2
The Invincible Iron Man
Doctor Strange: The Sorcerer Supreme
Next Avengers: Heroes of Tomorrow
Hulk Vs
Planet Hulk
Thor: Tales of Asgard

(imo)The top 3 of all are of all DC and Marvel are:
Wonder Woman
Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths
Batman: Under the Red Hood <-- probably my favorite

The Marvel flicks are good and I enjoy them, but their best don't compete with DC's best, so far.
None of the dc ones I have seen were any good. Opinions on what is better is entirely subjective anyways.
Someone did point out that Watchmen did work and was profitable.While far less people even knew the basics of Nite Owl, Dr. Manhattan, The Comedian etc.

If they make a good movie, word of mouth will carry a JL flick almost alone.
Key word is IF. That's a pretty big word, brudda.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2013 12:47 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Originally posted by Ascendancy
The Watchmen did well because the previews were well cut. Perhaps that's all it will take.

Granted The Watchmen did well...but there's only a handful of Moore fans who dragged their partners & friends to see the flick & fill the seats.

Many of my friends who knew nothing of Alan Moore or the characters for that matter, did pay to see the movie but walked out afterwards complaining it was too long & none of the characters were "likeable".

Some couldn't even get past the sight of "The Big Blue Weenie."

Old Post Feb 13th, 2013 04:57 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

I honestly didn't care for the Watchmen. I never read the comic either so I didn't go into it with high expectations. My complains were the same it was too long and I wanted it to end. The climax of the film was also unsatisfactory imo.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2013 05:02 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Esau Cairn
Some couldn't even get past the sight of "The Big Blue Weenie."

Did you slap them for their nonsense?

Old Post Feb 13th, 2013 05:06 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by quanchi112
None of the dc ones I have seen were any good. Opinions on what is better is entirely subjective anyways.

Key word is IF. That's a pretty big word, brudda.

Have you seen Batman: Under the Red Hood? If not, rectify that immediately.

Well yes. But the point was that them making a good JL flick doesn't rely on their being a bunch of solo character flicks prior.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2013 05:10 AM
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Did you slap them for their nonsense?

I did...until the usher told me to put my weenie away.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2013 05:11 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Have you seen Batman: Under the Red Hood? If not, rectify that immediately.

Well yes. But the point was that them making a good JL flick doesn't rely on their being a bunch of solo character flicks prior.
I have no see that particular one. If I go against every fiber in my body and see this because you recommended it you do realize if I hate it I will be after you.

It helps establish a collective universe. It isn't absolutely necessary but it definitely helps.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2013 05:14 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

Watch it.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2013 05:21 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Watch it.
Is it currently on netflix ?

Old Post Feb 13th, 2013 05:23 AM
Darth Martin

None of the dc ones I have seen were any good.
Under the Red Hood is better than the majority of Marvel's live action films. This shit is so good it's ridiculous and it's ironic because it has neither Conroy nor Hamill. As Rob pointed out, Crisis On Infinite Earths and Wonder Woman are dope. While Apocalypse is enjoyable, Public Enemies is much more fun. There's also Year One, The New Frontier, etc. Hell, they just put out a two and a half hour movie in The Dark Knight Returns. Marvel has nothing that even compares.

If I go against every fiber in my body and see this because you recommended it you do realize if I hate it I will be after you.
Stop posting and go watch the film immediately. It's on Netflix and in most Red Boxes.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/bat...r_the_red_hood/

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1569923/

Originally posted by Esau Cairn
Many of my friends who knew nothing of Alan Moore or the characters for that matter, did pay to see the movie but walked out afterwards complaining it was too long & none of the characters were "likeable".
To this day, I still have not read Alan Moore's graphic novel and I consider Watchmen the pinnacle of comic book/superhero movies.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2013 05:28 AM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Is it currently on netflix ?

Yes. Streaming too. So watch it right now.

Last edited by Robtard on Feb 13th, 2013 at 05:32 AM

Old Post Feb 13th, 2013 05:29 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Darth Martin
Under the Red Hood is better than the majority of Marvel's live action films. This shit is so good it's ridiculous and it's ironic because it has neither Conroy nor Hamill. As Rob pointed out, Crisis On Infinite Earths and Wonder Woman are dope. While Apocalypse is enjoyable, Public Enemies is much more fun. There's also Year One, The New Frontier, etc. Hell, they just put out a two and a half hour movie in The Dark Knight Returns. Marvel has nothing that even compares.

Stop posting and go watch the film immediately. It's on Netflix and in most Red Boxes.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/bat...r_the_red_hood/

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1569923/

To this day, I still have not read Alan Moore's graphic novel and I consider Watchmen the pinnacle of comic book/superhero movies.
You also just said in another thread that you liked the remake Halloween films. This kinda stuff could land you in prison. I hope I don't like it so I can commit my life to beating up robtard in a mcdonald's with a Thanos shirt and a Voldemort robe on as I do so.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2013 05:32 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

You also just said in another thread that you liked the remake Halloween films. This kinda stuff could land you in prison. I hope I don't like it so I can commit my life to beating up robtard in a mcdonald's with a Thanos shirt and a Voldemort robe on as I do so.

I'd never be inside a McDonald's, Mr. Triple-Scoop. Stop being a coward and watch the film right now.

Last edited by Robtard on Feb 13th, 2013 at 05:42 AM

Old Post Feb 13th, 2013 05:40 AM
Darth Martin

Voldemort robe.....?

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Feb 13th, 2013 05:42 AM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

You're just sandy all the time. Just relax and enjoy the board. None of the dc ones I have seen were any good. Opinions on what is better is entirely subjective anyways. Key word is IF. That's a pretty big word, brudda.

I do enjoy the board; just not your input. Stop being such an enormous troll, then we'll talk. I know, you like to get a rise out of people, but that doesn't make you look funny or clever. It just makes you look like a dick.

That might seem harsh, but maybe if you relaxed a little and weren't so intent on stirring up trouble, you might enjoy the forum more.

erm

==

Under The Red Hood is a better animated movie than anything Marvel has put out. Marvel animation is lacking behind; it's as much common sense as DC lagging behind in live action pictures.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Last edited by -Pr- on Feb 13th, 2013 at 12:47 PM

Old Post Feb 13th, 2013 12:41 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

I'd never be inside a McDonald's, Mr. Triple-Scoop. Stop being a coward and watch the film right now.
I watched it. It was good but not great. Of course Batman is a chump and the Joker lived. Turned his back on him for some self righteous moral code. I bet you have a McFlurry in one hand and a large smoothie in the other right now.
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Voldemort robe.....?

(please log in to view the image)
You put this picture up far too often.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2013 01:28 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by -Pr-
I do enjoy the board; just not your input. Stop being such an enormous troll, then we'll talk. I know, you like to get a rise out of people, but that doesn't make you look funny or clever. It just makes you look like a dick.

That might seem harsh, but maybe if you relaxed a little and weren't so intent on stirring up trouble, you might enjoy the forum more.

erm

==

Under The Red Hood is a better animated movie than anything Marvel has put out. Marvel animation is lacking behind; it's as much common sense as DC lagging behind in live action pictures.
You will call someone a liar but then chastise me for doing so. You will let Superman fans troll Thor fans all over your board but when pic of Superman failing to stop machine gun fire you went into commando mode. I am comfortable here outside your presence. I like a relaxed board not someone who is looking to press certain posters while letting others run wild.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2013 01:32 PM
Impediment
Endless

You could just cut the love in here with a knife, it's so thick in the air.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Feb 13th, 2013 05:04 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote