KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Animations / CGI » Adventure Time with Finn and Jake.

Adventure Time with Finn and Jake.
Started by: starryknight

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SevenShackles
Missa pro defunctis

quote: (post)
Originally posted by XanatosForever

They already showed some. In a way.

Talking about PB trying to tell Fin he couldn't be with FP while showing up in different cute dresses and such for no apparent reason?
I'm thinking more direct FP taking notice of PB and how Fin jumps to her commands. Perhaps puts to much thought into it and with a wrongly placed slip from Jake is told Fin used to have a 'thing' for PB. That sort of cluster F**k of a mess lol

GAMMA GIDEON

Respect: -Dynamo 5 -Greed -Noh-Varr/Marvel Boy

Old Post Mar 30th, 2013 05:19 PM
SevenShackles is currently offline Click here to Send SevenShackles a Private Message Find more posts by SevenShackles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

At what temperature does Bubblegum melt?

Old Post Mar 30th, 2013 06:02 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SevenShackles
Missa pro defunctis

Originally posted by KingD19
At what temperature does Bubblegum melt?

melting point is 240 deg. F/115 deg. C
cool

GAMMA GIDEON

Old Post Mar 30th, 2013 08:39 PM
SevenShackles is currently offline Click here to Send SevenShackles a Private Message Find more posts by SevenShackles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starryknight

So the new episode is interesting and unexpected but somehow it should've been...

Old Post Apr 1st, 2013 11:50 PM
starryknight is currently offline Click here to Send starryknight a Private Message Find more posts by starryknight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Originally posted by SevenShackles
Talking about PB trying to tell Fin he couldn't be with FP while showing up in different cute dresses and such for no apparent reason?
I'm thinking more direct FP taking notice of PB and how Fin jumps to her commands. Perhaps puts to much thought into it and with a wrongly placed slip from Jake is told Fin used to have a 'thing' for PB. That sort of cluster F**k of a mess lol

Talking about the mini-dudes that Finn got obsessed with. laughing

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2013 03:37 AM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

Oh yeah. When he basically had "The Sims" versions of all of the citizens of Ooo. That got kinda weird.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2013 03:55 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starryknight

I shipped Pepbut and Marceline all day.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2013 04:43 AM
starryknight is currently offline Click here to Send starryknight a Private Message Find more posts by starryknight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
11anegm

What 'Sims' thing? I didn't see that episode sad

Old Post Apr 4th, 2013 09:20 PM
11anegm is currently offline Click here to Send 11anegm a Private Message Find more posts by 11anegm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SevenShackles
Missa pro defunctis

Originally posted by 11anegm
What 'Sims' thing? I didn't see that episode sad

Seasons 5 episode 109 "all the little people"
(please log in to view the image)
he gets mini 'sim' like versions of a bunch of characters then proceeds to make horrible choices (mostly out of curiosity I believe) and grows a little obsessive laughing out loud

GAMMA GIDEON

Old Post Apr 4th, 2013 09:56 PM
11anegm

Oh...that is kind of creepy. What episode do you guys like best?

Old Post Apr 5th, 2013 12:49 AM
11anegm is currently offline Click here to Send 11anegm a Private Message Find more posts by 11anegm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

I remember you/Simon and Marcy.
Tragic heroes make me happy...

Old Post Apr 5th, 2013 12:56 AM
NotAllThatEvil is currently offline Click here to Send NotAllThatEvil a Private Message Find more posts by NotAllThatEvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

Jake the Dad.

His kids are awesome.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2013 12:59 AM
starryknight

"What was Missing" is my all time favorite but "I remember you" and "Simon and Marcy" was awesome though omg and all of the Fire Princess episodes... it's hard to just pick one, there's so many great ones.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2013 07:43 AM
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

Does the last episode confirm PB is actually gay?

Old Post May 23rd, 2013 02:43 AM
NotAllThatEvil is currently offline Click here to Send NotAllThatEvil a Private Message Find more posts by NotAllThatEvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

No. She actually loved the guy, but she herself wasn't ready for that commitment, and she wasn't ready to deprive the candy kingdom of her in her entirety to make herself happy. That's why she made her doppleganger which acted pretty similarly. And she called him "my love" after he left.

It does make me wonder about how okay everyone is with Peppermint Butler being a necromancer and dark magic user though with ties to several demonic beings, even Death.

Old Post May 23rd, 2013 04:10 AM
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

She said her love for him was no different than any candy person. She felt bad for him so she made him a straight sex bot... THIS SHOW IS MESSED UP!

Old Post May 23rd, 2013 04:14 AM
KingD19

She said that directly to him to get him to take an emotional step back from her as a person and make it easier to transition to Bubblebot or whatever her Doppleganger's name was.

She's never called any other Candy Person "My Love". It's clear she had feelings for him, whether product of the demon's spell, or because she fell for him for all of the stuff he did to her.

Old Post May 23rd, 2013 05:14 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by KingD19
whether product of the demon's spell

This is what I think. Before she seemed pretty clear and it was all but confirmed that he didn't actually love her and she knew it.

Old Post May 23rd, 2013 07:29 AM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

Do you mean that the other way around? She didn't love him and he knew it.

Old Post May 23rd, 2013 07:48 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

No, I mean that she clearly could see that he wasn't really in love with her and seemed to show no romantic feelings back up until he became magically lovable. She seems irritated by him in fact. Why would she return the feelings of someone who doesn't really love her? All the stuff he does is with the expectation that it will immediately make her fall for him and he gets frustrated when she doesn't swoon over it. Right at the end, he just wishes that she'll love him without any regard for her feelings or freedom. That isn't love. Broco was actually kind of a huge prick tbh. The episode was a surprisingly sophisticated deconstruction of those kind of guys who just expect girls to fall for them because they're nice to them.

Heres a great analysis of the episode imo:

quote:
Originally posted here.
This episode was a statement about the difference between love and infatuation.

Brocko tells PB that he loves her. She tells him that it's infatuation.

Everything Brocko does, he does with the aim of selfish gain. He consults superficial sources such as the Mind Games book and his father's peacocking hat. He goes through considerable harm in order to get PB a soul stone, but he attempts to use it as a token to purchase her love with, not because she needs it. In fact, when she discovers that simulating a soul stone gets her better results, he gets upset. He's not concerned with helping her research, he's unhappy because a possible avenue into her heart is no longer there (not that it ever was, but he was convinced that it was)

Now here's the mind-numbingly tragic part... this is almost as pathetic as Ice King praying for imaginary friends Fionna and Cake to become real... the tragedy is that Brocko KNOWS that this is wrong. He knows it's not the real Princess Bubblegum. And yet HE CAVES IN because what he really wants isn't the real PB, what he wants is to have his image of PB be in love with him. Remember at the beginning of the episode when PB said "The pain you're feeling is the product of you overvaluing an imaginary relationship with a projected image of me"...? That's exactly what he got in the end.

The superficial image of PB being sweet to him and wanting to go out with him was too irresistible. He actually gave up on true love (doing things for PB for her own sake) in order to be with this phony image of PB that would simulate being in love with him (making himself happy).

Love is about giving happiness, not receiving happiness.

It's an incredibly profound message, somehow coexisting beside jokes about brown portals and brown mist.

Last edited by Nephthys on May 23rd, 2013 at 10:11 AM

Old Post May 23rd, 2013 09:58 AM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote