KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » JMS Thor with Odin Force Vs Superman on panel feats!

JMS Thor with Odin Force Vs Superman on panel feats!
Started by: Male Model

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Damborgson
I have a hard time understanding this way of thinking.

First off, OF Thor tanked an attack that previously killed his classic self. Straight up fried him. He survived the attack with only minor damage.

So, he already had feats that would suggest he can take things that would've killed him before, but Bor's a no? What did you think JMS's intention was when we had Thor say that? To just confuse everyone who read it and hope they see it as hyperbole that should just be forgotten? No...It was to give an idea of Bor's power.

Thor was specifically amped from his classic levels, by the OF no less, and he's still a high herald? k...

It's still not as bad as starscream saying he was low herald at best though.

Ok, maybe we can find a common ground.

Which attack would that be? I think you don't mean Thor right?

His intention was to say that Thor got stronger, though Marvel became less "cheese" (like the comics and feats were back in the classic days) and more "realistic. The powerlevels dropped like they did during DC 90ies or Supermans Byrne era. The space feats and over the top feats became less. Back then Thor could drive Galactus away, now he is a minior factor when his daddy battles him.

Ok, let's say he is more powerful then his classic self, that's ok, fine and dandy, let's not go to classic Thors trans feats just his average or lower feats. Well, Superman amped by a blue sun or in HP DD with a motherbox and whatever else, or Mon-El amped with an GL ring are still High Heralds at best. Chars like SS, Supes, Hal or Thor can go into the Trans tier from time to time featwise but an amp doesn't mean their power increased enough to place them there permanently. Such an amp would have to be huge and what OF Thor showed wasn't "big" enough imho.

If you want a better example. King Thor with Odins powers was solid Skyfatherlevel. He also showed it. OF Thor on the other hand was powerful for this time and age in comics, but sill not enough for Trans, like PF Cyke, Colossus or the rest of that bunch.

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Mar 26th, 2013 11:30 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Originally posted by pym-ftw
eek! please don't tell me that's your basis for Supes ~=OF Thor

According to him, Based on their fights against Thanos; PG Thor or Odin have a lower damage output than someone like Cyclops.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2013 11:37 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Male Model
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Silent Master
According to him, Based on their fights against Thanos; PG Thor or Odin have a lower damage output than someone like Cyclops.

Umm no, that's your anger making inferences I haven't; However, that's O.K. it just clearly shows how strongly you support your fictional hero and remember he's your hero!

Old Post Mar 26th, 2013 11:40 PM
Male Model is currently offline Click here to Send Male Model a Private Message Find more posts by Male Model Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Originally posted by Male Model
Umm no, that's your anger making inferences I haven't; However, that's O.K. it just clearly shows how strongly you support your fictional hero and remember he's your hero!

No, that's basing their power level on collateral damage, which is what you're doing to the OF Thor/Bor fight.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2013 11:45 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the Darkone

Originally posted by Batman-Prime
Split, classic Thor had better feats. Anyway, this Thor is more serious and probably hits harder. Superman is still faster. It depends on the version, regular would split.

blink are my eyes deceiving me, Batman -Prime says a split, there you have it. I respect that!!

Old Post Mar 26th, 2013 11:48 PM
the Darkone is currently offline Click here to Send the Darkone a Private Message Find more posts by the Darkone Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Ok, maybe we can find a common ground.

Which attack would that be? I think you don't mean Thor right?

His intention was to say that Thor got stronger, though Marvel became less "cheese" (like the comics and feats were back in the classic days) and more "realistic. The powerlevels dropped like they did during DC 90ies or Supermans Byrne era. The space feats and over the top feats became less. Back then Thor could drive Galactus away, now he is a minior factor when his daddy battles him.

Ok, let's say he is more powerful then his classic self, that's ok, fine and dandy, let's not go to classic Thors trans feats just his average or lower feats. Well, Superman amped by a blue sun or in HP DD with a motherbox and whatever else, or Mon-El amped with an GL ring are still High Heralds at best. Chars like SS, Supes, Hal or Thor can go into the Trans tier from time to time featwise but an amp doesn't mean their power increased enough to place them there permanently. Such an amp would have to be huge and what OF Thor showed wasn't "big" enough imho.

If you want a better example. King Thor with Odins powers was solid Skyfatherlevel. He also showed it. OF Thor on the other hand was powerful for this time and age in comics, but sill not enough for Trans, like PF Cyke, Colossus or the rest of that bunch.

The destroyer beam he took. Thor had only actually been hit once with the beam before that. The one time it did, it killed him.

Well Thor did more damage during their most recent fight than in their first excluding the godblast. Thor went in one side of Galactus' head and out the other. If he'd have used the g-blast he'd have gotten the same results.

Ah, I see what you're saying. Ok your arguments make a lot more sense to me now. You're not disagreeing Thor was amped, you're saying he wasn't amped enough to put him in trans right?

King Thor also had many many mores showings than OF Thor. OF Thor, for the very limited time he had, showed a tremendous amount of power. He upstaged Beta Ray Bill, a solid high herald who was getting unmercifully beat against the Super Skrull, took attacks that would have killed him in the past, but since he was in at a new level of power he survived them unscathed, outshined Beta Ray Bill, etc. It's just clear enough for me that he was no longer a herald.

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Mar 26th, 2013 11:51 PM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Originally posted by the Darkone
blink are my eyes deceiving me, Batman -Prime says a split, there you have it. I respect that!!

Nothing special. SS or Classic Thor would split with supes too.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2013 11:51 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

The destroyer beam he took. Thor had only actually been hit once with the beam before that. The one time it did, it killed him.

Well Thor did more damage during their most recent fight than in their first excluding the godblast. Thor went in one side of Galactus' head and out the other. If he'd have used the g-blast he'd have gotten the same results.

Ah, I see what you're saying. Ok your arguments make a lot more sense to me now. You're not disagreeing Thor was amped, you're saying he wasn't amped enough to put him in trans right?

King Thor also had many many mores showings than OF Thor. OF Thor, for the very limited time he had, showed a tremendous amount of power. He upstaged Beta Ray Bill, a solid high herald who was getting unmercifully beat against the Super Skrull, took attacks that would have killed him in the past, but since he was in at a new level of power he survived them unscathed, outshined Beta Ray Bill, etc. It's just clear enough for me that he was no longer a herald.

The Destroyer during the classic days was also more impressive then these days imho. That's how it appears to me. Marvel traded a more realistic setting for the high end power setting they had back then. Even their Cosmics aren't as cheesy as they were once.

Yet he won against G back then^^.

No, how could I. He was amped for sure and now without the amp he is weaker. His performance isn't as good anymore, I doubt OF Thor would have been oneshotted so many times. It wasn't enough for Trans tier, let's say High Herald+ level.

BRB is a B-List hero unfortunately. A High Herald, one of the highest, like Martian Manhunter for example, yet he is outshined and outperformed by his more popular High Herald peers for the sake of a good story. That's normal.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2013 12:00 AM
Male Model
Restricted

Account Restricted

pretty sure Thor survived being hit by the Destroyer in Volume 1 no. 151.

Last edited by Male Model on Mar 27th, 2013 at 12:07 AM

Old Post Mar 27th, 2013 12:04 AM
Male Model is currently offline Click here to Send Male Model a Private Message Find more posts by Male Model Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by pym-ftw
Hercules lifted infinity alone....

Herc has been stalemated by Thor in strength on multiple occasions

Thus

Thor is twice as strong as superman via your example...

And that's why we use avarages not weird abstract feats

Lifting sky is lifting infinity? Since when?

Old Post Mar 27th, 2013 01:50 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

The Destroyer during the classic days was also more impressive then these days imho. That's how it appears to me. Marvel traded a more realistic setting for the high end power setting they had back then. Even their Cosmics aren't as cheesy as they were once.

Yet he won against G back then^^.

No, how could I. He was amped for sure and now without the amp he is weaker. His performance isn't as good anymore, I doubt OF Thor would have been oneshotted so many times. It wasn't enough for Trans tier, let's say High Herald+ level.

BRB is a B-List hero unfortunately. A High Herald, one of the highest, like Martian Manhunter for example, yet he is outshined and outperformed by his more popular High Herald peers for the sake of a good story. That's normal.

Recently it began to drain the power from the pantheons of the gods stacking it onto its own...it's got plenty of good feats and still retains its old ones also. The frying of Thor isn't ancient either. I do miss the cheesy though. Specifically Thor's cheesy Shakespearean dialogue.

But only because of the specific attack he used. If we compare the non godblast hits they used, one Galactus felt pain in, the other he shrugged off, and Thor's recent strike against Galactus blew a hole through his head.

You can think that I guess, but I've seen enough to where it's almost painfully obvious that he couldn't be just a herald anymore. /shrug

BRB is second to Thor sure, but he's about as high as they get like you mentioned. And outshining him is still impressive and not something a whole lot of people can do.

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Mar 27th, 2013 02:24 AM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote

Lifting Asgard, is that heavier than a book with infinite pages.
probably. that book didn't have infinite weight.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2013 02:33 AM
753 is currently offline Click here to Send 753 a Private Message Find more posts by 753 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bbrem123

wow to this thread...just wow

Old Post Mar 27th, 2013 02:45 AM
bbrem123 is currently offline Click here to Send bbrem123 a Private Message Find more posts by bbrem123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

How big was the moon was it bigger than the one Superman smashed when Luthor was elected? Loads of people have been hit by the destroyer. Lifting Asgard, is that heavier than a book with infinite pages. It's not much is it?

How much did the book weigh?

Old Post Mar 27th, 2013 02:55 AM
carver9

Originally posted by 753

Exactly, especially with its magical properties.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Mar 27th, 2013 03:12 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Thor.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2013 03:32 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by 753

Really? Your reasoning would be?
Originally posted by carver9
Exactly, especially with its magical properties.

It wasn't magical carter.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2013 03:32 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by abhilegend
Really? Your reasoning would be?

It wasn't magical carter.
It's magic so infinite pages doesn't mean infinite weight.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2013 03:34 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

But if it is magical infinite weight, superman should not be able to lift not even half, can you guys make up your mind.

So is it magical or not?

Thank You Prof. T.C McAbe, You are Superman!

Old Post Mar 27th, 2013 04:35 AM
Rao Kal El is currently offline Click here to Send Rao Kal El a Private Message Find more posts by Rao Kal El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

It was never stated to be infinite weight

Old Post Mar 27th, 2013 04:36 AM