KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Best origin story of a Superhero in a comic!

Best origin story of a Superhero in a comic!
Started by: Igniz

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Cogito

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Philosophía
Superman.
Batman.
Spiderman.

thumb up

The classics are always best. Just because they seem cliche now doesn't mean they're not the best.

"And then there was nothing. A once broken something now void.
And on the first day, Doom spoke...
'Be.'
And then there was life."

Old Post Mar 28th, 2013 12:32 PM
Cogito is currently offline Click here to Send Cogito a Private Message Find more posts by Cogito Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Feron

Batman
Iron Man
X-Man

edit... thats a lot of man...

Old Post Mar 28th, 2013 12:47 PM
Lord Feron is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Feron a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Feron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Originally posted by Philosophía
Superman.
Batman.
Spiderman.

thumb up

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Mar 28th, 2013 12:48 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

Batman

Old Post Mar 28th, 2013 01:34 PM
Martian_mind is currently offline Click here to Send Martian_mind a Private Message Find more posts by Martian_mind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

surfer, batman, and iron man

Old Post Mar 28th, 2013 03:49 PM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Atrocitus.
He is more like an anti hero though...

Bankai.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2013 04:21 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SevenShackles
Missa pro defunctis

Someone mentioned invincible, I think that's a good origin also. Plays out rather nicely.
Magneto I think can be considered a hero at this Point so I think he is easily in the top 5 best origins.

I also like wolverines origin. Glad they brought dog back into the comics, at least so far.

Originally posted by -Pr-
Superman is more about how it's told rather than the bullet points. Birthright, for example, has some heart-wrenching moments.

I can see your point. thumb up

GAMMA GIDEON

Respect: -Dynamo 5 -Greed -Noh-Varr/Marvel Boy

Old Post Mar 28th, 2013 04:47 PM
SevenShackles is currently offline Click here to Send SevenShackles a Private Message Find more posts by SevenShackles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

When I read Dreadstar's origin as a kid, I thought that it was the stuff of legends. I've been looking for that type of feeling in a comic series for a very long time, and nothing has quite captured the same feel.

Oh, and Planet Hulk was a great set up origin story for Skaar... sh!t come to think of it, the story filled in many gaps for several characters all at once.

Last edited by Stoic on Mar 28th, 2013 at 05:13 PM

Old Post Mar 28th, 2013 05:06 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Galactus
Surfer
Superman

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2013 05:30 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Kon-El has one if the best origins.

Created from a genetic sample of the most powerful man in the world, and one of the most sadistic mofos around. Yet he choose to be good, gain a family in the Kent's and friends in the TT, and actually got a pretty good girlfriend.

Though some writers sometimes sucks in writing him the right way.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2013 05:41 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

Magneto
Spider-Man
Batman
Iron Man
Kyle Rayner
Captain America - only because they can continually age how long he was in the ice and still have him be a part of WW2, whereas Magneto being connected to WW2 won't make any sense 100 real life years into the future.

Originally posted by SevenShackles
Idk I dont superman that interesting. He lands on an alien planet, gets raised as a great person and decided to use his alien strengths to help people.

If anything I much prefer Supergirl's. It's about the same but the fact she remembers her planet and family enough to miss them and be impacted by the loss on top of landing on a alien planet, meeting a older version of her baby cousin and having to adapt to the new planet. Never mind the powers that thrusts her into this odd world of super powered individuals more or less out of her control rather than a decision like Clark. (yes she eventually wants to do it but still it's more interesting)

thumb up

I've never understood Superman's need to feel like a loner - he's never known anything about Krypton, doesn't remember anything about it and for all intents and purposes, he's just a really powerful meta-human. To pretend that losing his entire race holds any emotional impact on him doesn't make sense when he never had an emotional connection to them in the first place, at least IMO.

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Mar 28th, 2013 06:26 PM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Blair Wind

I've never understood Superman's need to feel like a loner - he's never known anything about Krypton, doesn't remember anything about it and for all intents and purposes, he's just a really powerful meta-human. To pretend that losing his entire race holds any emotional impact on him doesn't make sense when he never had an emotional connection to them in the first place, at least IMO.
thumb up

Old Post Mar 28th, 2013 07:47 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Igniz
I reign supreme!

Nice picks guys.It seems Spiderman's and Batman's origin story are popular.To me, I think the best origin story would be Ghost Rider(Noble Kale).If you read his origin story, you would be sympathizing him and the situation his in.

I'm the CEO of NEST!
Respect Chaos King Fear The Dread Dormammu Surtur Carnivore

Old Post Mar 29th, 2013 02:20 AM
Igniz is currently offline Click here to Send Igniz a Private Message Find more posts by Igniz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Magneto
Spider-Man
Batman
Iron Man
Kyle Rayner
Captain America - only because they can continually age how long he was in the ice and still have him be a part of WW2, whereas Magneto being connected to WW2 won't make any sense 100 real life years into the future.

thumb up

Because few people can relate to him.

Knowing he has such a legacy, learning about his people and parents, and there Death, yet he still can't find a way to save them.

Worse yet, after believing he's the last one of his kind, only for Zod to show up and wanting to gave his skull in instead is a giant load to carry.

Also, Clark doesn't need to know who is parents were, he knows he's there legacy, his parent went through a lot to save him. It would be a slap in the face of his dead parents if he didn't strive to be a better man.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2013 02:33 AM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Batman
Superman
Captain Marvel/Shazam

Spider-Man
Captain America
Fantastic Four

Old Post Mar 29th, 2013 02:36 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Magneto
Spider-Man
Batman
Iron Man
Kyle Rayner

thumb up

I honestly completely disagree. For years he was definitely a loner, and still is in many ways.

Superman grew up feeling different. Not like gay or black different, but literally "there's nobody else like you in the world" different. He got his powers long before most heroes do, and was told even from a young age that he had to hide who he was. He's not a metahuman, because he's not human. He's an entirely different species, and is the only one "like him" in the world.

Or at least he was for a time until Supergirl turned up.

And in plenty of incarnations, Superman does remember being in the pod as he was sent from Krypton, or he's met Jor'El by travelling through time/space.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Last edited by -Pr- on Mar 29th, 2013 at 02:51 AM

Old Post Mar 29th, 2013 02:40 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Magneto
Spider-Man
Batman
Iron Man
Kyle Rayner

thumb up

Untill COIE i.e. for 50 years of his publication, he could remember his entire life on krypton which by varying depictions ranged from a few years to entire decades since kryptonians life span was in hundreds of earth years. After COIE only Byrne had him not remembering his life on krypton which was brought back later on. Losing your parents+your whole planet as a kid and remembering every detail of it no matter how minute can make anybody a loner.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2013 03:06 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Faceless808
Lurking since 2009

The Pact. Orion and Scott Free.

Inspired by AlbertoJohnAvil with special thanks to Damborgson

Old Post Mar 29th, 2013 03:16 AM
Faceless808 is currently offline Click here to Send Faceless808 a Private Message Find more posts by Faceless808 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

Lobo. He fragged his entire race for a science project, gave himself an A.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Mar 29th, 2013 06:30 AM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Norrin Radd - Saves his planet only to become a killer for a devourer of worlds. In doing he not only sacrifices himself, he sacrifices his soul as well.

Billy Batson (Nu52) - A miserable orphan/foster kid who knew nothing all his life, but bad people and mischief. After careful scrutiny, the Wizard is in disbelief that the boy has the capacity for doing great good. The rest is history.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2013 12:41 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote