KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Best origin story of a Superhero in a comic!

Best origin story of a Superhero in a comic!
Started by: Igniz

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Flex Mentallo

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Mar 29th, 2013 03:10 PM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Male Model
Restricted

Account Restricted

Conan is epic, Orphan, Slave, Gladiator, Thief, Mercenary, Pirate, King.. It's almost biblical by crom!

Old Post Mar 29th, 2013 03:18 PM
Male Model is currently offline Click here to Send Male Model a Private Message Find more posts by Male Model Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote

the hulk's origin is pretty interesting too, although I could care less about him saving the retard on a motorbike. it's the fact a creator of WMDs is transformed into one by his own creation that does it for me. also remembering hellblazer (vertigo one, not DCNU) deserves an honorable mention. joker as per the killing joke is an interesting concept as well.

Overall, I'd say V, Magneto and SS have the 3 best origins all around.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2013 08:29 PM
753 is currently offline Click here to Send 753 a Private Message Find more posts by 753 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cogito

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -Pr-
I honestly completely disagree. For years he was definitely a loner, and still is in many ways.

Superman grew up feeling different. Not like gay or black different, but literally "there's nobody else like you in the world" different. He got his powers long before most heroes do, and was told even from a young age that he had to hide who he was. He's not a metahuman, because he's not human. He's an entirely different species, and is the only one "like him" in the world.

Or at least he was for a time until Supergirl turned up.

And in plenty of incarnations, Superman does remember being in the pod as he was sent from Krypton, or he's met Jor'El by travelling through time/space.

thumb up

Also, back when Superman was first created there weren't a million other metas, which makes the "different" feeling more pronounced than it is now.

"And then there was nothing. A once broken something now void.
And on the first day, Doom spoke...
'Be.'
And then there was life."

Old Post Mar 30th, 2013 01:59 AM
Cogito is currently offline Click here to Send Cogito a Private Message Find more posts by Cogito Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Cogito
thumb up

Also, back when Superman was first created there weren't a million other metas, which makes the "different" feeling more pronounced than it is now.

Definitely.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Mar 30th, 2013 02:04 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Horrificus

Magus. (Afro)

Starhawk

Guy Gardner, (up until he became an alien, or whatever)

Beta Ray Bill

Old Post Mar 30th, 2013 02:46 AM
Horrificus is currently offline Click here to Send Horrificus a Private Message Find more posts by Horrificus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

It's not *exactly* a comic, but Terry McGuiness.

Basically it's "What if Spider-Man was Batman? And what if he was kinda Iron Man too?"

His father died and he failed to save him, so he decided to become Batman to strike fear into the hearts of criminals. At the same time, he has to deal with real life normal problems like school and friends, while he has a thankless job of literally 'gopher', and sometimes he needs to get involved in big company stuff to try and stop people from using it for nefarious purposes.

Last edited by Q99 on Apr 3rd, 2013 at 05:00 AM

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2013 04:54 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Definitely not Superman or any character Pr likes.

(please log in to view the image)

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2013 04:56 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

^ thumb up

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2013 06:05 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote

it ain'tnot even about pr. cyke's, sm's and am's origins just aint that cool

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2013 06:10 AM
753 is currently offline Click here to Send 753 a Private Message Find more posts by 753 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Mindset
Definitely not Superman or any character Pr likes.

(please log in to view the image)

sad

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2013 08:02 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Originally posted by 753
V

Not even a contest.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2013 08:10 AM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheHulk
Retired Debater

Thanos
Big G
Surfer
Spider-Man
Wolverine
Hulk
Captain America

Not trying to sound like a ass...but Supes and Bats are not that good when it comes to their origins story...

Superman-Shot to earth in a pod and grows up different...boring...a lot of children before and even after reaching Teen years felt like that...well in my opinion

Batman-his parents die in front of him,yes but seriously he decides to dress completely like a Bat...not only me but even in the comics his own teammates question hid mentality...

WORD LIFE!!!

Last edited by TheHulk on Apr 3rd, 2013 at 09:14 AM

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2013 09:05 AM
TheHulk is currently offline Click here to Send TheHulk a Private Message Find more posts by TheHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
curryman

Flex Mentallo

Guy Gardner

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2013 11:08 AM
curryman is currently offline Click here to Send curryman a Private Message Find more posts by curryman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Originally posted by TheHulk
Not trying to sound like a ass...but Supes and Bats are not that good when it comes to their origins story...

Superman-Shot to earth in a pod and grows up different...boring...a lot of children before and even after reaching Teen years felt like that...well in my opinion

Batman-his parents die in front of him,yes but seriously he decides to dress completely like a Bat...not only me but even in the comics his own teammates question hid mentality...

Too late. stick out tongue

But seriously, I'm baffled that anyone can disagree that Superman and Batman don't have great origins. Even if they're not your favorite characters (I like Superman, but he's probably my fourth favorite DC guy and phuck Batgod), their origins are incredibly dynamic.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2013 02:50 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

Originally posted by Horrificus
Starhawk

thumb upthumb up

I'd say anything Steve Gerber got to work out, but Starhawk for sure!

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2013 02:53 PM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by TheHulk
Thanos
Big G
Surfer
Spider-Man
Wolverine
Hulk
Captain America

Actually, the point about Superman isn't that he just feels different, but the fact that he IS different. More different than anyone else, so no, he's not just like every other kid.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2013 02:53 PM
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

The funny thing is that Superman, at least his upbringing as Clark Kent, makes him infinitely more relatable to the average person more so than Batman.

Clark's felt different from his peers, somewhat teased as a child, has to take care of his folks (your canon may vary), deals with been "friendzoned" by the woman he loves, constantly plays the role of "nice guy" (though in the past couple of decades, he's had a pair even as Clark) and has to deal with making ends meet.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2013 03:01 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Yeah, that's true. bruce is almost inhuman to the point of ridiculousness.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2013 03:08 PM
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Would Astroboy count? The story of a heartbroken father who builds a robot version to replace the son he lost...and then rejects him because, well, he's not the real thing...

That's chock full of heaviosity.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2013 03:18 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote