KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » can hulk be at his best in a film

can hulk be at his best in a film
Started by: Shabazz916

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

i dont think everyone would appreciate our subculture

Old Post Apr 6th, 2013 04:49 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Scarlet315
If done right, i think it's possible. For instance i can't imagine anyone comicbook lover or not, not wanting to see an overlypowered superman who has been mind controlled by either poison ivy or lex and having someone like batman stopping him. This can do two things, first show how powerful superman really is and actually show the best of both characters.

But Batman is stopping him. And Superman is being mind controlled.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Apr 6th, 2013 06:59 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

If done right, i think it's possible. For instance i can't imagine anyone comicbook lover or not, not wanting to see an overlypowered superman who has been mind controlled by either poison ivy or lex and having someone like batman stopping him. This can do two things, first show how powerful superman really is and actually show the best of both characters.
(please log in to view the image)

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Apr 6th, 2013 07:31 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

Originally posted by Mindship
The Star Trek franchise has saved the universe countless times. But then, they have The Kirk.

Star Trek is almost a perfect example. For one, it never had the widespread appeal that would have a movie studio greenlight a project akin to what is being described in the OP.

Additionally, they did a great job of, no matter how abstract or "out-there" the threat, always making the immediate danger to the crew and characters people cared about the most salient thing. Viewers were always way more interested in how Kirk and Spock would survive, even if the universe would also be destroyed. For as much cheese as there was in the show, ST had some decent writing.

even as a comicbook fan, I can't say that is particularly interesting, or rather, I'd say that idea would almost certainly be better suited to an animated video.

But no, the market has shown that such a movie would have a passionate base, but would not appeal beyond people who already cared about bats and supes.

The vast majority of people care more about seeing Clark rescue Lois than about some demonstration of how powerful Superman is. Think of the Super-kid in Superman Returns: To comic fans it was terrible, but for everyone else who doesn't care about continuity in that way, it added a personal dimension which drew them in to the film more.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2013 07:54 PM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Really? I thought everyone hated Super kid and creeper Kal-El.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Apr 6th, 2013 07:56 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I did.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Apr 6th, 2013 08:01 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

Originally posted by Zack Fair
Really? I thought everyone hated Super kid and creeper Kal-El.

I'm not saying people are going away thinking he was the best character, but in terms of building traditional movie suspense and all that, it is a really typical sort of role. I'd imagine people who aren't so invested in these characters that they post about them in their private time just didn't care outside of "OMG Superman, save your baby!"

Old Post Apr 6th, 2013 08:04 PM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Re: can hulk be at his best in a film

Originally posted by Shabazz916
is it possible for hulk to totally let loose in a movie ??? how would it look do you think we will ever see him unleashed ???

no, not fully.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2013 08:12 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Originally posted by Oliver North
Star Trek is almost a perfect example. For one, it never had the widespread appeal that would have a movie studio greenlight a project akin to what is being described in the OP.
I'm not sure about that. I mean, this is Trek. Like Star Wars, people live/swear by this stuff.

Originally posted by Oliver North
Additionally, they did a great job of, no matter how abstract or "out-there" the threat, always making the immediate danger to the crew and characters people cared about the most salient thing. Viewers were always way more interested in how Kirk and Spock would survive, even if the universe would also be destroyed. For as much cheese as there was in the show, ST had some decent writing.
Indeed, character development, and a believable approach to the whole starflight thing, is really what made the show, whether they saved the whole universe or just Star Base Whatever. But, imho, I think what also made universe-saving adventures work in Trek is that they were already out among the stars, a huge, spectacular theater by definition, whereas superhero stories tend to be earthbound.

I'm just saying, if done right, a grand scenario could work in a superhero flick. But yeah, as you and Sin I Am pointed out, it would be a major challenge which would probably lapse into a quick-scheme, profit-seeking FX-heavy dud.

Maybe Spielberg should handle it...

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2013 08:18 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by Sin I AM
i dont think everyone would appreciate our subculture

Yeah well if they don't that's their problem. If you got it flaunt it.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2013 08:34 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

Honestly if it was put into the story well and it worked, I think the general public would eat up huge power feats from guys like Thor, hulk or superman.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2013 10:58 PM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote