KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » MONGUL jr vs quasar

MONGUL jr vs quasar
Started by: mighty adam

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
pym-ftw
Mizukage

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -Pr-
No, they don't get all the feats.

Ahem:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t577880.html

I know, I was trying to trap abhi

I'm not Joking, Boy
Ignore list: Abhi for the sake of the forum.
53>6.6
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GCAMfDmX86o
My YouTube

Old Post Apr 13th, 2013 03:40 PM
pym-ftw is currently offline Click here to Send pym-ftw a Private Message Find more posts by pym-ftw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rotiart
Stan Lee Stole my name

Quasar has knocked down a watcher...
Created a shield that couldn't be broken by the combined forces of infinity watch and the avengers (first page I thread) until he took his attention away.

His quantum bands have an infinite power source and only run out if he's in a dimension or area that blocks his access to that power source... So his bands aren't burning out while the rings will...

He was able to defeat maelstrom right after maelstrom was messing around with celestials, killed an abstract, then picked a fight with an ig wielding thanos.

Quasars supposedly weak constructs are in the early phase of his career not his later. Basically issues 30+ of his own series...

When quasar was rocked by annihilus the first time it was because the ccr contains negative zone energy the opposite of the em spectrum Elvis relies on

Wendell has been shown to manipulate others energy constructs... And as dr light has shown, the ring constructs can be controlled because of that...

Quasar even rocks body armor some times that's enhances his durability...

And when he was an energy construct has "hulked out" before..

Using pis against Wendell or early showings is a bad way of saying Mongol wins...
Though I give Wendell 7-8 /10 here

"There is no writer to purposely ignore a character's natural ability just because it suits the story."
"in some cases because the writer knows that Character A will dominate Character B easily and refuses to allow this to happen for the sake of the story."

Old Post Apr 13th, 2013 04:59 PM
rotiart is currently offline Click here to Send rotiart a Private Message Find more posts by rotiart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Horrificus

Originally posted by rotiart
Quasar has knocked down a watcher...
Created a shield that couldn't be broken by the combined forces of infinity watch and the avengers (first page I thread) until he took his attention away.

His quantum bands have an infinite power source and only run out if he's in a dimension or area that blocks his access to that power source... So his bands aren't burning out while the rings will...

He was able to defeat maelstrom right after maelstrom was messing around with celestials, killed an abstract, then picked a fight with an ig wielding thanos.

Quasars supposedly weak constructs are in the early phase of his career not his later. Basically issues 30+ of his own series...

When quasar was rocked by annihilus the first time it was because the ccr contains negative zone energy the opposite of the em spectrum Elvis relies on

Wendell has been shown to manipulate others energy constructs... And as dr light has shown, the ring constructs can be controlled because of that...

Quasar even rocks body armor some times that's enhances his durability...

And when he was an energy construct has "hulked out" before..

Using pis against Wendell or early showings is a bad way of saying Mongol wins...
Though I give Wendell 7-8 /10 here
Excellent.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2013 05:23 PM
Horrificus is currently offline Click here to Send Horrificus a Private Message Find more posts by Horrificus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

When has Dr. Light controlled the yellow ring? And Hal has resisted Dr. Light along with Kyle, IIRC.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2013 07:32 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rotiart
Stan Lee Stole my name

Originally posted by Golgo13
When has Dr. Light controlled the yellow ring? And Hal has resisted Dr. Light along with Kyle, IIRC.

When hasn't he been able to manipulate a yellow lantern construct. He's always been able to manipulate constructs. And when has he not been able to do so?

In any case your better bet is to argue that "light" isn't part of the electro magnetic spectrum so quasar can't affect it....

You don't even really argue against my post but just raise a nuhuh argument?

"There is no writer to purposely ignore a character's natural ability just because it suits the story."
"in some cases because the writer knows that Character A will dominate Character B easily and refuses to allow this to happen for the sake of the story."

Old Post Apr 14th, 2013 01:37 AM
rotiart is currently offline Click here to Send rotiart a Private Message Find more posts by rotiart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

When hasn't he been able to manipulate a yellow lantern construct. He's always been able to manipulate constructs. And when has he not been able to do so?

In any case your better bet is to argue that "light" isn't part of the electro magnetic spectrum so quasar can't affect it....

You don't even really argue against my post but just raise a nuhuh argument?

I'm just asking when has Light done so with a yellow ring not that he can't. Then again, he has failed against Hal and Kyle a few times, so having the ability to absorb/manipulate energy/light doesn't equal an automatic win.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2013 02:18 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rotiart
Stan Lee Stole my name

Quasar could always drain the energy from Mongul. And he can't return the favor

Old Post Apr 14th, 2013 05:35 PM
Senor Cage

I have doubts that he can do it in time before Mongul punches his face in. A Mongul who took on 5 GL's. Or at all.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2013 08:06 PM
mighty adam

I have doubts that he can do it in time before Mongul punches his face in. A Mongul who took on 5 GL's. Or at all.
yea they just don't give quasar the feats they should.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2013 08:40 PM
mighty adam is currently offline Click here to Send mighty adam a Private Message Find more posts by mighty adam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Horrificus

Originally posted by mighty adam
yea they just don't give quasar the feats they should.
true

Old Post Apr 15th, 2013 12:35 AM
Horrificus is currently offline Click here to Send Horrificus a Private Message Find more posts by Horrificus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rotiart
Stan Lee Stole my name

Well his shield and armor constructs have allowed him to take hits from Adam warlock and thing to no effect.

He's siphoned power cosmic directly from surfer. Doing to Adam warlock and jack of hearts to the point they were instantly immibilized.

Surfers saving grace is he constantly recharges drawing in energy from stars around him... A ring doesn't

Old Post Apr 15th, 2013 03:13 AM
Senor Cage

A ring still has a lot more power than JOH and Mongul isn't just going to stand there letting Quasar draining his ring. It's anyones guess how long it will do or even if Quasar can do it in the first place.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2013 03:26 AM
rotiart
Stan Lee Stole my name

A ring still has a lot more power than JOH and Mongul isn't just going to stand there letting Quasar draining his ring. It's anyones guess how long it will do or even if Quasar can do it in the first place.

Rings don't ever run outta juice? They often run out...

And quasar doesn't even have to be directly attacking to siphon off energy. As shown against surfer Phoenix and fireflies he can drain while attacking and defending himself.

He could literally encase Mongol in a shield or bind Him as he hard drains him or just slow drains him. Even fire lords power cosmic dissipates against a quasar who is prepared for his attacks...

Old Post Apr 15th, 2013 04:22 AM
Senor Cage

They do, but I have doubts he can do it to the emotional spectrum. Mongul took it to several GL's at once. I don't see Quasar doing that and I don't see Mongul being trapped inside a force shield for long,.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2013 04:28 AM
Horrificus

They do, but I have doubts he can do it to the emotional spectrum. Mongul took it to several GL's at once. I don't see Quasar doing that and I don't see Mongul being trapped inside a force shield for long,.
How would Mongul jr feel about a force bubble growing within his anus? big grin Oh, I mean "brain".

Old Post Apr 15th, 2013 06:43 AM
rotiart
Stan Lee Stole my name

sigh. All this talk about how quasar won't be able to manipulate the green lantern rings...

stated over and over quasar can manipulate em energies...

And..Green Lantern Rebirth #3... tells us that power ring rings convert willpower into electromagnetic energy for them to use...

And just a hunch... but i'm guessing a weaponer is using the same basis when he makes yellow rings...

Old Post Apr 15th, 2013 07:26 AM
Senor Cage

It's emotional spectrum. It's something more than EM energy.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2013 08:08 AM
Senor Cage

Originally posted by Horrificus
How would Mongul jr feel about a force bubble growing within his anus? big grin Oh, I mean "brain".

Mongul got torn apart a few times in that arc. Bzzt blew right through his head and he also got his limbs torn off by that creature, yet he still survived and fought on. He was a complete beast in that SC arc. Usually, I'd give the fight to a competent Quasar, but Mongul with the rings was total bad ass.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2013 08:10 AM
rotiart
Stan Lee Stole my name

It's emotional spectrum. It's something more than EM energy.

.... So in the gl/silver surfer crossover when norrin absorbed all of the gl energies because he's a cosmic battery... That was because....

Emotion is converted to energy. That energy can be manipulated and absorbed.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2013 02:36 PM
Senor Cage

.... So in the gl/silver surfer crossover when norrin absorbed all of the gl energies because he's a cosmic battery... That was because....

Emotion is converted to energy. That energy can be manipulated and absorbed.

It's been stated numerous times throughout GL history that it's unique energy. Even in John's run as well. I'm sure Quasar can drain some of it, but Mongul, Hal, Sinestro, etc.., can will him to stop. Just like Hal has done so in the past.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2013 06:01 PM