KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » MONGUL jr vs quasar

MONGUL jr vs quasar
Started by: mighty adam

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 3 4 [5]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Senor Cage

Even if it can be drained, mongul can still rely on his strength and durability.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2013 11:03 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rotiart
Stan Lee Stole my name

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Golgo13
Even if it can be drained, mongul can still rely on his strength and durability.

true. thats all i've been saying. then it becomes how good of a combatant is mongul (very...) against quasar.

however if kyle can knock out mongul with a freight train construct, i imagine quasar should have similar chances.

"There is no writer to purposely ignore a character's natural ability just because it suits the story."
"in some cases because the writer knows that Character A will dominate Character B easily and refuses to allow this to happen for the sake of the story."

Old Post Apr 17th, 2013 12:46 AM
rotiart is currently offline Click here to Send rotiart a Private Message Find more posts by rotiart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by rotiart
true. thats all i've been saying. then it becomes how good of a combatant is mongul (very...) against quasar.

however if kyle can knock out mongul with a freight train construct, i imagine quasar should have similar chances.

Depends on which Mongul we're getting. Mongul during the SC epic, took it to multiple GL's, inculding Kyle and Guy, IIRC. He can also take it to Superman and Hal Jordan.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2013 12:52 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

These were the GL's Mongul faced. I think if it wasn't for Mother Mercy, the GL's would have lost. I'll need to re read it again, but Tomasi made Mongul into a team buster during that arc.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Apr 17th, 2013 01:01 AM
Horrificus

These were the GL's Mongul faced. I think if it wasn't for Mother Mercy, the GL's would have lost. I'll need to re read it again, but Tomasi made Mongul into a team buster during that arc.

I understand that he is VERY bad. I am not taking anything from Mongul Jr.
But, why does that trump this and Quasars other monster feats?:

Originally posted by Horrificus
Mongul Jr. would not be able to do anything remotely like this:

Hulk, Thor, Hercules, Wonder Man, Wolverine, the Thing and many, many more, all going insane, bloodlusted, trying to get through to the sweet gooey filling inside of Quasar's shield.

(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

Here, we see Power Gem Drax, on the inside, pounding at the Hulk, with no effect on the shield.

Thanos finally tips the scales and adds his power to all of the rest, together, they succeed in breaking the shield.

Still, Quasar's power is able to keep Thanos from crushing the heads of Hulk and Thing together, right after he makes his statement about being "strength personified".

Shutting down a Watcher:

Old Post Apr 17th, 2013 03:40 AM
Horrificus is currently offline Click here to Send Horrificus a Private Message Find more posts by Horrificus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
The Weeknd

Originally posted by Horrificus
I understand that he is VERY bad. I am not taking anything from Mongul Jr.
But, why does that trump this and Quasars other monster feats?:

What other monster feats?

In his entire time on panel I can think of only two high showings :
1) During the Infinity War when his dome held off the heroes till Thanos and crew shattered it
2) Vs that Watcher during the Journey into Mystery story arc in his comic

There's a third one involving Galactus but I don't remember the context of the scan.

So I'll see you those high showings and raise you these "average" showings:
1) Gladiator flexing and breaking out of a quantum construct Quasar formed and fortified. Then crushing Quasar's arm through his Quantum Aura and threatening to rip it off if he attempted to BFR Gladiator into the Quantum Zone. This was during the Starblast story arc.
2) An Imperial Guardsman, Neutron, humiliating Quasar and Her combined, forcing Quasar to BFR him into the Q-Zone
3) Four scrubby Shi'ar Guardsmen : Manta, Hussar, Impulse, Magique destroyed one of Quasar's quantum domes. Of those four, only Impulse has any kind of attack worth mentioning. And how powerful is it; He and Cycolps double KOed each other when they fought. This was during Operation Galactic Storm.
4) Masterson Thor crushing a quantum bubble that Quasar put around Mjolnir and hurling Mjolnir so hard that Quasar actually felt pain attempting to shield himself from it.

Any CL100 brick that can avoid a BFR into the Quantum Zone should destroy Quasar given his history.

The Birds, Part 2.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2013 04:03 AM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Horrificus

Originally posted by zopzop
What other monster feats?

In his entire time on panel I can think of only two high showings :
1) During the Infinity War when his dome held off the heroes till Thanos and crew shattered it
2) Vs that Watcher during the Journey into Mystery story arc in his comic

There's a third one involving Galactus but I don't remember the context of the scan.

So I'll see you those high showings and raise you these "average" showings:
1) Gladiator flexing and breaking out of a quantum construct Quasar formed and fortified. Then crushing Quasar's arm through his Quantum Aura and threatening to rip it off if he attempted to BFR Gladiator into the Quantum Zone. This was during the Starblast story arc.
2) An Imperial Guardsman, Neutron, humiliating Quasar and Her combined, forcing Quasar to BFR him into the Q-Zone
3) Four scrubby Shi'ar Guardsmen : Manta, Hussar, Impulse, Magique destroyed one of Quasar's quantum domes. Of those four, only Impulse has any kind of attack worth mentioning. And how powerful is it; He and Cycolps double KOed each other when they fought. This was during Operation Galactic Storm.
4) Masterson Thor crushing a quantum bubble that Quasar put around Mjolnir and hurling Mjolnir so hard that Quasar actually felt pain attempting to shield himself from it.

Any CL100 brick that can avoid a BFR into the Quantum Zone should destroy Quasar given his history.
really... good... to see you zop.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2013 04:20 AM
Horrificus is currently offline Click here to Send Horrificus a Private Message Find more posts by Horrificus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Kyle and Hal have uber feats like that as well, but Mongul with multiple SC rings puts him slightly above high herald, IMO.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2013 04:31 AM
Horrificus

Kyle and Hal have uber feats like that as well, but Mongul with multiple SC rings puts him slightly above high herald, IMO.
how many rings does he have? (not including toe-rings, belly-button rings or anklets)

Old Post Apr 17th, 2013 04:38 AM
Senor Cage

I think he had them on all fingers. I believe he wanted one from each corp. LOL@ toe rings. laughing out loud

Old Post Apr 17th, 2013 04:39 AM
Horrificus

LOL@ toe rings. laughing out loud
Yeah. laughing I went to far with that. hehe. That kind of thing could ruin a character.
Look at what happened to Northstar because of his corset. OK, I made that up. He's still as popular as ever! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Last edited by Horrificus on Apr 17th, 2013 at 04:46 AM

Old Post Apr 17th, 2013 04:43 AM
rotiart
Stan Lee Stole my name

The Thor one is the only one that comes to mind. In that quasar prevented masters on from reaching his hammer and Eric had to try to force the bubble open... It wasn't a quick break also it wasn't a shield that was constantly concentrated on by quasar. Quasars shields while incredibly durable become less so when he stops concentrating on them.

But the other three feats I don't recall right now so ill have to see if my come up in my quasar issues.

When quasar and hit Mongul with a train it was Kyle and superman vs mongul. Mongul has never been a lightweight.

Oh and another offhand feat of quasar is him absorbing the entire ego entity into himself when ego attempted to overtake the earth.

"There is no writer to purposely ignore a character's natural ability just because it suits the story."
"in some cases because the writer knows that Character A will dominate Character B easily and refuses to allow this to happen for the sake of the story."

Old Post Apr 17th, 2013 05:07 AM
rotiart is currently offline Click here to Send rotiart a Private Message Find more posts by rotiart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote