KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Unhosted Role Plays » .hack//RE:Boot Login Screen

.hack//RE:Boot Login Screen
Started by: iKinneas

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Phoenix3068
RP Legend

*UserName: Yuna
*Character Class: Steam Gunner
*Character Race: Human
Gender IRL: Unknown
*Character Experience: Advanced
Age IRL: Unknown
*Appearance: Yuna appears to be a long blue haired human female with an obsession with those two colors. Blue & Silver. Her gear that she wears is a blue skin tight suit with silver plated armor over the right leg, right arm, and left shoulder. Her bayonet is also silver and appears to be like a rifle version of a revolver.
*Yuna in 'The World'
(please log in to view the image)
Yuna's Player
N/A
*Weaponry: Cycling Eclipse / Level: 14 / Rarity: ***** / P-ATK: +9 / Fire: +5 / Water: +5 / Wind: +5 / Earth: +5 / Light +5 / Dark: +5 / Abilities: Critical +10%
In-Game Information: Yuna is a mystery in many ways. Though it's never very hard to find her and she'll usually come when someone hails her, nothing about her personal life outside of 'The World' is known. In 'The World', Yuna is both a dedicated PK and PKK, seeming to take the role of a 'See all, Kill all'. Despite her ravenous lust for death, Yuna has proven to be a good ally when she helps in parties and a good source of tactical information. The only complaints anyone ever makes about her on forums aside from her open spirited view on killing all players -- is her habit of shooting her allies in the back of the head, after their mission is complete. Yuna considers herself the 'Perfect PKer'. She doesn't just run in and attack an enemy. She tends to wait and observe her enemy until just the right moment and attack them with deadly force.
Real World Information: Nothing is known about the Real Life, Yuna. This may change later on in-game.
*Server/Root Town: OMEGA//LuminaCloth

*UserName: TESMEI
*Character Class: Twin Blade
*Character Race: Human
Gender IRL: Female
*Character Experience: Beginner
Age IRL: 22
*Appearance: A blonde haired twin blade. She wears a blue and white short skirted dress with long brown boots that cover up most of the way on her legs. In real life, she describes herself as having a some what nerdy appearance, all relevant to her personality and her glasses.
TESMEI[/i]
[u]MAKOTO

*Weaponry: Name: Sicklekin / Level: 17 / Rarity: ***** / P-ATK: +10 / Abilities: Critical.
In-Game Information: In 'The World', TESMEI is an enthusiastic player who spends more of her time in towns than in the field. Most of the time, she can be found at her shop in the center of MacAnu. She claims she does this so that she can help players by providing them the tools to help themselves. Morality wise, TESMEI see's cheating in-game as a bad thing, but can accept such things when it becomes necessary. She is neither a High or Low level character, claiming that 'she didn't want to stand out'.
Real World Information: Outside of 'The World', TESMEI's player is called Makoto Kasisaka. She attends college classes during the day yet always manages to find a way to spend time in 'The World'. She claims she enjoys virtual reality over real life, though never gives any clear indication to anyone as to why. She is an only child and due to her good grades, she recieves sufficient support from her parents and she always wears a happy smile. Despite this, the few friends she has can tell that something troubles her deep down. Her character in 'The World', named TESMEI, was named so as a jest toward one of her friends due to her own poor accent and large basis of knowledge, translating to 'Test Me'.
*Server/Root Town: DELTA//MacAnu

Old Post Apr 28th, 2013 12:22 AM
Phoenix3068 is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix3068 a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix3068 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
iKinneas
Black Swordsman

Ladies and gentlemen, we are streaming live from Hulle Granz Cathedral.

A person is very strong when he seeks to protect something. I'll expect a good fight. - Heathcliff, SAO 1:13

Old Post Apr 28th, 2013 12:30 AM
iKinneas is currently offline Click here to Send iKinneas a Private Message Find more posts by iKinneas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

Right so... stating my swords?

A long time have I waited for this, my little green friend!

Old Post Apr 28th, 2013 11:01 AM
Jedireaper is currently offline Click here to Send Jedireaper a Private Message Find more posts by Jedireaper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix3068
RP Legend

in a "Shot in the Dark" guess...

Level: 2 / P-ATK: +4 / M-ATK: +4 / Light + 5 / 1 Slot
Level 2 / P-ATK: +4 / M-ATK: + 4 / Dark + 5 / 1 Slot

Which means you can add 1 Ability each.
http://dothack.wikia.com/wiki/Abilities
Note that the ability has to have a number in it where it says Slot and the number cannot be more than 1 because that requires more slots.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2013 11:15 AM
Phoenix3068 is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix3068 a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix3068 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

Erm... I'll just wing it then.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2013 09:44 PM
Jedireaper is currently offline Click here to Send Jedireaper a Private Message Find more posts by Jedireaper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
iKinneas
Black Swordsman

If any of you happen to get on, post, and still find yourselves bored, I'll be in the OOC chat until Game of Thrones comes on tonight. And then I'll be back online about an hour or so after it. I catch the 11PM showing, local time (it's 5:32PM here, now. if that helps any.) so it'll be 1AM or so before I get back on. But anyway, anyone has the spare time to kill, can't find anything to do, etc. I'm open to sit around and shoot the proverbial sh*t, so to speak.

A person is very strong when he seeks to protect something. I'll expect a good fight. - Heathcliff, SAO 1:13

Old Post Apr 28th, 2013 10:34 PM
iKinneas is currently offline Click here to Send iKinneas a Private Message Find more posts by iKinneas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix3068
RP Legend

lol, I suppose I should have added this so that it would make sense to everyone.

When you enter the game, you log into a Root Town. This is either; Mac Anu, Dol Dona, Lumina Cloth, or Breg Epona. Players cannot fight or attack each other in a Root Town, weapons remain hidden.

The only place players can battle are in 'Areas'. This can either be: Fields, Dungeons, or 'Lost Grounds'.
Fields and Dungeons are much the same thing. The difference is that a dungeon is a corridor that leads into deeper levels with stronger monsters that has a prize at the end. A field is a single area where the objective is either to open the temple to the Beast Statue or to destroy the boss monster.
IMPORTANT: DUNGEONS are NOT inside FIELDS anymore. The two are different places entirely.
To get to a 'Field' or 'Dungeon', you require 3 Key Words. These words work in combination. There are over 30 of each word that can be mixed and matched. That's 30x30x30, that's a CRAP load of word combinations and for each one, a different Dungeon or Field. Not only that, but there is the 'Server' Word. For example...
If you're in Mac Anu and type in Twisted(1) Guardians(2) Roar(3), you will go to 'Delta, Twisted Guardians Roar', which will be an area for levels 1-50.
If you're in Dol Dona and type in Twisted(1) Guardians(2) Roar(3), you will go to 'Theta, Twisted Guardians Roar', which will look similar most likely, but be for levels 51-100.
IMPORTANT: IF YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND THIS, PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO ASK ME. I wold much rather you asked me then go in confused and try to take a swing at it blind.

Finally, Lost Grounds. Special Unique Areas in the game. They have no Server or level difference. There are no monsters here. Let's take the one being used now for an example.
HIDDEN FORBIDDEN HOLY GROUND. The Hulle Granz Cathedral.
This is the most famous Lost Ground as it has been featured in every anime, game, novel of the series. It was seen in .hack//sign, it's where Kite activates his Bracelet in .hack//Infection, it's where Haseo was PK'd in G.U and where Shino was PK'd in .hack//Roots (Pre-Anime to G.U.) This is where we are 'now'.

To get to any area or change servers, you have to go to the 'Chaos Gate'. The Chaos Gate is the portal at the entrance of every Root Town. Your character can log in, turn around, and access the Chaos Gate.

Steps:
1.) Log in.
2.) Appear in Root Town.
3.) Turn around and activate Chaos Gate.
3.) Enter Keywords: Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground.
4.) Teleported just outside Hulle Granz Cathedral (You will be looking at it).
5.) Walk inside.

This is where the event is happening right now. Nobody has to go see it, it's really just for entertainment and greeting purposes. For the people who didn't catch that, don't worry about it right now. This was just to help people understand for future references. If you want to go somewhere to train, if you want to go PK, if you want to change servers, anything aside from Shop, do things with a Guild, or Accept Quests (Not go on them), you'll have to go to the Chaos Gate.

Just to make sure I'm not confusing (Cuz God KNOWS I am), was any of this confusing or does everyone understand what I just said. Again, if you have questions please, please, please ask me. I'm all too willing to help anyone who needs it.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2013 07:33 PM
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

So in terms of how I've netered, I am not sure who is in the area I am in, I thought the shop keeper in my post but was not sure.

Also, I hope my intro was oki-day?

Old Post Apr 29th, 2013 09:41 PM
Phoenix3068
RP Legend

Essentially, what you said was that you logged in (appeared at the chaos gate) walked away from the chaos gate (toward the center of Mac Anu) and that you heard us, or what I'm assuming you meant to be us (in the center of Mac Anu, while we're actually in an Lost Ground/hidden forbidden holy ground)

Old Post Apr 29th, 2013 10:23 PM
Phoenix3068
RP Legend

Gonna post this here and hope that nobody tries to post without reading this.

I'm going to do something with everyone at the Cathedral, I'll wait till everyone posts again. Don't have your character leave the cathedral just yet.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2013 12:03 PM
starryknight

Lucky the post I was working on all day just up and disappeared lol. No worries though I'll have a new one typed out in an owl are two!

Old Post Apr 30th, 2013 12:51 PM
starryknight is currently offline Click here to Send starryknight a Private Message Find more posts by starryknight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

No idea what to post.

Old Post May 2nd, 2013 05:39 PM
Phoenix3068
RP Legend

-------------Terms-------------

GP - Game currency. You need this to buy stuff.

Exp - Experience. It takes 1000 experience to get from one level to the next. This doesn't change as you level up, the monsters will just give less exp based on level difference.

Lv - Level. There are 3 types to look for. One is your character level which maxes at 150. Second is the Weapon Level, which is capped at 30, and you level this by using your skills on that weapon or by using Beginners Texts or Books. Lastly, there are the Book of 1000 levels, and those go up as we do stuff in the game.

Party - You can have up to two characters from your member address list travel and battle alongside you. In order to invite them to your party, you need their member address. This is simple to get, but pretty voluntary.

Desktop - As 'The World' is an online game, it is not played on a console. It is played over a computer. It's assumed that most people have similar set ups. The game is like any other loading file game which is placed on your Desktop. From the desktop, you can access multiple other online features.

Chim - As you kick most Chim Chims (normal, rare, and King) you gain some Chim Spheres. These are useful for opening doors, activating some warps, and rescuing Mecha Grunty each of 50 times per game. You can carry up to 99, but they're so very easy to replenish. Watch for for the Chim Assassins and for the stomping attacks of the King Chim, as these will take Chim Spheres from you..

The Following is purely game information and is not important in terms of actual gameplay in the RP.
[SPOILER - highlight to read]:
HP - The health your characters have.

SP - Skill Points. The more you have, the more often you can use skills.

P-ATK - Your attacks' damage is based on this.

P-DEF - Your ability to resist physical attacks is based on this.

M-ATK - Magic attacks are based on this.

M-DEF - Resistance to magic attacks is based on this.

Fire/Water/Wind/Earth/Light/Dark - These influence your attacks and defenses by adding these elements to both. I would love to help you with this, but it is my experience to keep opposites (Fire and Water, Wind and Earth, and Light and Dark) close enough to balanced. Feel free to play with these at your own leisure.

Curse - Depletes SP gradually

Poison - Depletes HP over time

Sleep - Makes target unable to move until they are healed or hit.

Charm - Makes target attack his or her own allies.

Area and Arena Ranks - When you leave an area or an Arena Battle you are then graded according to your performance.
The following is only gameplay info and does not effect RP Gameplay.

* In an area, the ranking is based on surprise attacks, enemy parties you've
beaten, Chim Spheres collected, chests opened, and objects destroyed.
When you earn a rank of B or higher, you earn a nice prize such as a
keyword or a decent item.
* In the arena following a Limit Battle or Survival Battle, you are graded
based on as little time elapsed as possible, enemies beaten, counter-
attacks performed, and highest hits reached in a combo. The higher
you rank, the more WP you gain.

Area Level - When you select to go to an area, you see a large number over the picture of what the area will look like. That tells you the average level of the enemies you encounter. Item Level is shown in the +/- bar below that picture, and tells you how good or bad the items are in that area.

* TIP: Just below the areas address you see two small icons with numbers by
them. The left is a bunch of people, and the right is one person who
hands a heart to another person. The former says how many people are
in that area while the latter tells how many you have met. Use this
if you wish to meet someone new, or if you wish to have a chance at
meeting the Medic Union or a Battle Area with someone in it. You do
this by highlighting/selecting the area or keyword, canceling out of
one screen, and returning until you see numbers that you like.

-------------Recovery Items-------------

These can be used in a field or dungeon as well as any battle not in the Arena.

* Asian Mango - Heal an ally's HP by 60
* Health Drink - Heal an ally's HP by 100
* Healing Serum - Heal an ally's HP by 200
* Caramel Sauce - Heal an ally's SP by 30
* Sprite Drop - Heal an ally's SP by 50
* Weird Black Tea - Heal an ally's HP and SP by 50
* Holy Potion - Heal all allies' HP and SP by 50
* Antidote Soda - Cure an ally's poison
* Blessing Soda - Cure an ally's curse
* Stimulant Soda - Cure an ally's sleep
* Healing Rain - Heal all allies' HP by 100
* Revive Rain - Heal all allies' HP by 200
* Sprite Rain - Heal all allies' SP by 50
* Revival Medicine - Bring an ally back to life with 25% HP

-------------Support Items-------------

Below are items that boost your stats. Some are permanent, and a few are not.

* Warrior Blood - Temp increase in an ally's Physical Attack by 3
* Knight Blood - Temp increase in an ally's Physical Defense by 3
* Wizard Blood - Temp increase in an ally's Magic Attack by 3
* Astrologer Blood - Temp increase in an ally's Magic Defense by 3
* Beginner's Text - Raise an ally's equipped weapon skill by 50 points
* Beginner's Book - Raise party's equipped weapon skills by 50 points
* Word of Vigor (!) - Increase an ally's health by 25 HP
* Word of Spirit (!) - Increase an ally's SP by 25
* Text of Power (!) - Increase an ally's Physical Attack by 3
* Text of Stamina (!) - Increase an ally's Physical Defense by 3
* Text of Wisdom (!) - Increase an ally's Magic Attack by 3
* Text of Sense (!) - Increase an an ally's Magic Defense by 3

-------------Attack Items-------------

These deal damage, inflict status ailments, and debuff your enemies.

* Earth Spike - Earth elemental damage on an enemy
* Fire Storm - Fire elemental damage on an enemy
* Tidal Wave - Water elemental damage on an enemy
* Tornado - Wind elemental damage on an enemy
* The Death - Poison an enemy
* The Devil - Curse an enemy
* The Moon - Put an enemy to sleep
* Warrior Seal - Temp decrease in an enemy's Physical Attack by 3
* Knight Seal - Temp decrease in an enemy's Physical Defense by 3
* Wizard Seal - Temp decrease in an enemy's Magic Attack by 3
* Astrologer Seal - Temp decrease in an enemy's Magic Defense by 3

-------------Skill Items-------------

These items teach spells for healing or attacking. If a character already has
a spell learned, then the scroll to learn it won't help.

* Antidote Scroll - Learn Rip Duk
* Dawn Bird Scroll - Learn Rip Mumyn
* Priest Scroll - Learn Rip Maj
* Life Scroll - Learn Repth
* Avalanche Scroll - Learn Gan Bolg
* Hellfire Scroll - Learn Vak Don
* Tidal Scroll - Learn Rue Kruz
* Tornado Scroll - Learn Zan Rom

Note! These are not 'every' item in game. These are a few of the usable items that I figure people will be using. Basic stuff; things to heal you, things to attack with aside from weapons, things to boost skills, or for characters like mine (merchant) things to sell.

Old Post May 2nd, 2013 08:14 PM
Phoenix3068
RP Legend

Believe it or not, that post was actually longer before, lol. 10000 Characters isn't enough! I need 20000! Anyways, that should get the story moving for everyone. And I say again, if you don't understand something please ask me!

Old Post May 3rd, 2013 03:10 AM
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Okay, so you were joking when you had that character set up for me. Good to know.

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post May 3rd, 2013 04:10 AM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix3068
RP Legend

I dunno, I might still consider it erm Only if you actually plan on being, you know... Active.

Old Post May 3rd, 2013 04:10 AM
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

There's no way that train of thought isn't going to end with at least one of us being frustrated, so I'll just say I'll try my best. Saw the old intro to .hack//SIGN a while ago and I remembered how interested I'd been back then. First I have to finish playing catch up.

Old Post May 3rd, 2013 04:12 AM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix3068
RP Legend

To understand the basics, go to youtube and watch the first few cutscenes or about 30 minutes of walkthrough for .hack//G.U. Vol 1 Rebirth. That will teach you the basics such as character design, weapon sheathing, field design. Read the links posted at the start of the thread to gain an understanding of classes. Then from that point on, just read those long posts I make that tell basically everything there is to know about 'The World', lol.

Old Post May 3rd, 2013 04:15 AM
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Well, I was actually referring to catching with the forums, but I guess that might make sense, too.

Old Post May 3rd, 2013 04:32 AM
Phoenix3068
RP Legend

lol sorry, just wanted to make sure you understand what you're getting into. As I've said before erm If someone wants to not join because they don't like it, that's fine. But I'll be damned if I let anyone get away with not joining or leaving because 'They don't understand it'.

Old Post May 3rd, 2013 04:34 AM