KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Star Trek » Enterprise may be back?

Enterprise may be back?
Started by: -Pr-

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Enterprise may be back?

Yeah, apparently they're campaigning to get It back up and running:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/scifi...k/news/?a=79596

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 15th, 2013 10:33 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

It would be interesting, and if it happened I'd probably watch it, but I wouldn't hold out too much hope. I am curious what they'd do with it--perhaps show the early years of the Federation, the shaky politics, the relations with the other powers of the Quadrant, establishing cred, etc.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post May 15th, 2013 03:01 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Yeah; I was really surprised when I saw it.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 15th, 2013 04:35 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

I've been rewatching this series on netflix and now I know why it's been ****ing crashing constantly. Oh well, the romulan war is worth it. Too bad the cute chick with a crush on phlox died.

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post May 16th, 2013 12:31 AM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

Only 9,411 likes so far. sad

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post May 20th, 2013 04:47 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

Yet that's enough to create netflix problems?

Old Post May 21st, 2013 12:47 AM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Why Enterprise? I'd prefer to see a DS9 tele-movie personally.

Old Post May 21st, 2013 12:24 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision

I'd rather see a show that follows up on the DS9/TNG era tbh. Maybe set 20 years in the future (2390s) so that the original cast members can reprise their roles as older people. Admiral Riker, Captain Worf, First Minister Kira (or I suppose Representative to the Federation Council for Bajor Kira), Grand Nagus Rom, etc.

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Last edited by Omega Vision on May 21st, 2013 at 02:34 PM

Old Post May 21st, 2013 02:28 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

I think I've talked about this other places but what about a Gary Seven series? That way you can set it at any point in Trek with any characters, any timeline, etc. They could do a whole story arc based on some novel series about the Eugenics Wars and World War III and then five episodes later have a one off comedy sitcom episode with Chekhov's family followed by an Enterprise B story and then a DS9 reunion, all in the same series.
They could even get whoever would play Gary to fight Scott Bakula as himself for kind of stealing his idea from Quantum Leap (even though Gary Seven came first).

Old Post May 22nd, 2013 03:12 AM
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Omega Vision
I'd rather see a show that follows up on the DS9/TNG era tbh. Maybe set 20 years in the future (2390s) so that the original cast members can reprise their roles as older people. Admiral Riker, Captain Worf, First Minister Kira (or I suppose Representative to the Federation Council for Bajor Kira), Grand Nagus Rom, etc.

thumb up

Captain Worf would be awesome. Question what was Worf's rank in Nemesis? It seems he demoted himself by going back to the Enterprise. He was like 1st or 2nd officer on DS9/Defiant.

Old Post May 22nd, 2013 11:30 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
thumb up

Captain Worf would be awesome. Question what was Worf's rank in Nemesis? It seems he demoted himself by going back to the Enterprise. He was like 1st or 2nd officer on DS9/Defiant.

He was commander of the Defiant when Sisko or Kira weren't there to assume command. I believe he became the Second Officer on Deep Space Nine after Jadzia's death.

Old Post May 22nd, 2013 08:36 PM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Omega Vision
He was commander of the Defiant when Sisko or Kira weren't there to assume command. I believe he became the Second Officer on Deep Space Nine after Jadzia's death.

He was actually shown to be in command on the Defiant in Sisko's absence when Jadzia and even Kira were there(Homefront/Paradise Lost). Although I think Kira and Worf swopped roles as the Defiant's first officer from time to time.

Old Post May 23rd, 2013 12:30 PM
Omega Vision

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
He was actually shown to be in command on the Defiant in Sisko's absence when Jadzia and even Kira were there(Homefront/Paradise Lost). Although I think Kira and Worf swopped roles as the Defiant's first officer from time to time.

I think you're mixing up first officer and commander. The thing about naval ranks is that you can have a Lt. Commander like Worf being in command of the Defiant while Colonel Kira (I believe Colonel is equivalent to Captain or Commander) is there, because rank is not absolute where ships or stations are concerned. A similar thing happened in the Kira time travel episode, where a Cardassian Legate said that no one (himself included, despite his higher rank) could touch Kira's mom because Gul Dukat, the station commander and leader of the occupation (I always thought that was weird--shouldn't a Legate be in command of such a huge operation?) called dibs.

I don't remember ever seeing Kira giving commands to Worf on the Defiant after he was given command of the ship, though I could have a faulty memory. Every time Kira commanded the Defiant I believe Worf was absent.

Old Post May 23rd, 2013 07:50 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Badabing
Only 9,411 likes so far. sad
How I wish there was a dislike button on fb right now.

Old Post May 24th, 2013 02:37 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Re: Enterprise may be back?

Originally posted by -Pr-
Yeah, apparently they're campaigning to get It back up and running:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/scifi...k/news/?a=79596

Can't see it happening.

I'd also prefer it not happen and they just give us a new TV show instead.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post May 24th, 2013 07:23 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision

Old Post Jun 6th, 2013 08:03 PM
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

So long as it involves a T'Pol, 7, and Leeta shower scene I'm fine with whatever the project is.

PSN: Illadelph12Prime, Haksaw_Jim_Thugn - Tumblr: Mighty-Illactus
>Z<

Old Post Jun 7th, 2013 07:10 AM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision

Originally posted by MF DELPH
So long as it involves a T'Pol, 7, and Leeta shower scene I'm fine with whatever the project is.

All those things at once?

Old Post Jun 7th, 2013 01:55 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Enterprise was shit.. the worst/weak trek ever..

if/when star trek returns back to tv then I want either a show based around jj's alternate u or a return back to the 24th century

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jun 7th, 2013 09:01 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision

It's not that bad. I think Voyager was the worst. I'd put Enterprise slightly below TOS, with TNG coming slightly behind DS9 for the best series.

There was however a precipitous drop in budget and effort midway in the first season, or at least that's how it seems to me. The first several episodes of Enterprise were all very bold and seemed almost cinematic, yet by the second season it has the feel of "Early DS9" or "filler TNG" episodes.

Last edited by Omega Vision on Jun 7th, 2013 at 09:09 PM

Old Post Jun 7th, 2013 09:06 PM