KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Star Trek » Tholians vs. Breen

Tholians vs. Breen
Started by: Omega Vision

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Tholians vs. Breen

I thought this would be an interesting matchup as both are reclusive, warlike species with exotic technologies.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2013 01:21 AM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

An issue would be they come from very different eras, making direct comparison tricky.

Still... lesse, Tholians have Web, Breen have energy dampeners. Webs seem to be able to set up at a good distance. Energy dampers are a big advantage, *until* one adjusts to compensate.

My gut says Tholians. With the webs, they don't have to engage too directly and aren't defenseless even when drained, and their tech is kinda odd and advanced so I figure they'll be able to compensate relatively quickly.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2013 02:54 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

There are Tholians in TNG and Deep Space Nine, and I'd point out that the Tholians used an early variation of the energy dampener as early as the 2150s, though it wasn't nearly as effective as the Breen weapon.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2013 01:40 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

In Star Trek Online, the Tholians are represented as being pretty badass, with an updated version of the web.

That said, not sure who'd win in a fight.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jun 29th, 2013 01:11 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Star Fleet Battles paints the Tholians as pretty badass too (though since it's based on TOS era stuff, no Breen).

Old Post Jun 29th, 2013 02:01 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I always felt that once the Feds got around the Breen energy weapon, they were much better able to handle them in a fight, and the Breen "threat" diminished some (though not completely).

Though obviously the Tholians won't have that advantage. Not saying the Breen are shit, or anything, just that, outside of their energy weapon, their ships are average at most.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jun 29th, 2013 02:14 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marinadavis
Restricted

Account Restricted

Tholians

If you need help choosing a platform for your online store, then I advise you to pay attention to PrestaShop. There are many modules and themes at this link Module Presta that will help with the integration and configuration of the platform

Old Post Jul 29th, 2021 05:10 PM
marinadavis is currently offline Click here to Send marinadavis a Private Message Find more posts by marinadavis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HulkIsHulk

I'd say Breen. Once enough Tholian ships gets hit with the energy dampners the web ia going down

Thanks for the sig Scot-and for the help with my avatar
When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post Aug 11th, 2021 03:18 PM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote