KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Godblast Vs Omega Beam

Godblast Vs Omega Beam
Started by: LeonBuco666

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 4 5 [6]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ODG

quote: (post)
Originally posted by kevdude
Considering they didn't use any of those things but used the Imperiex armor AE to send Imperiex Prime and Brainiac 13 back in time, if its not the top it's gotta be near it...
That was Tempest, guided by Darkseid, empowered by the Amazons and Lex Luthor's time machine. I think you've got your scenes mixed up.

Revamped Thor Respect Thread Revamped Loki Respect Thread
Revamped Hulk Respect Thread Revamped Iron Man Respect Thread

Old Post Jul 13th, 2013 10:52 PM
ODG is currently offline Click here to Send ODG a Private Message Find more posts by ODG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kevdude
The Hooded Man

Originally posted by ODG
That was Tempest, guided by Darkseid, empowered by the Amazons and Lex Luthor's time machine. I think you've got your scenes mixed up.

It shows them using it as a crucible, melded the Apokolips tech and Brainiac 13's tech which made the temporal boom tube. Brainiac 13 calculated it and said that Steel could not withstand both the power of Lextower and Apokolips, but he did and Brainiac 13 said "no, error, no". Without it they would have not been able to make the boom tube.

thumb up

The Word

Old Post Jul 14th, 2013 06:36 AM
kevdude is currently offline Click here to Send kevdude a Private Message Find more posts by kevdude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

Originally posted by abhilegend
Now you're just using a strawman argument.

I find it funny coming from you.

Anyways, as silly as this endeavor sounds, I am willing to get a mod ruling on this matter, whether Thor was weakened or not when he performed the Godblast against Exitar.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2013 08:34 AM
TheGodKiller02 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGodKiller02 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGodKiller02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ODG

Originally posted by kevdude
It shows them using it as a crucible, melded the Apokolips tech and Brainiac 13's tech which made the temporal boom tube. Brainiac 13 calculated it and said that Steel could not withstand both the power of Lextower and Apokolips, but he did and Brainiac 13 said "no, error, no". Without it they would have not been able to make the boom tube.

thumb up
How is any of this applicable to the Omega Beam?

Revamped Thor Respect Thread Revamped Loki Respect Thread
Revamped Hulk Respect Thread Revamped Iron Man Respect Thread

Old Post Jul 14th, 2013 08:57 AM
ODG is currently offline Click here to Send ODG a Private Message Find more posts by ODG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
If you think that's the case, prove it then.

No, he did not. He explained it as the same attack. It wasn't the same level of power. He literally destroyed a fortified Mjolnir in the Exitar scene, it by definition could not be.

Stop pretending the writer fully agreed with you.

It took all his might just to shatter the exterior shell and the interior was even more durable. This was Celestials in their prime, before almost anyone could even singe them.

It's the same level of power because THE WRITER WANTED IT TO BE.
Stop acting like the two attacks actually happened in real life and one was ACTUALLY more powerful than the other.

The goal of the showing was to cement Juggs durability. This is obvious.

Lastly, Mjolnir's durability does change from comic to comic. This is a fact.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Jul 15th, 2013 02:46 AM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Originally posted by h1a8
It's the same level of power because THE WRITER WANTED IT TO BE.
Stop acting like the two attacks actually happened in real life and one was ACTUALLY more powerful than the other.

The goal of the showing was to cement Juggs durability. This is obvious.

Lastly, Mjolnir's durability does change from comic to comic. This is a fact.

So you're a telepath now that can dig into the mind of the writer? Otherwise no, we don't get to ignore on panel evidence in favor of your guesswork. The arrogance of it all.

So what? That doesn't mean the God Blast was on par. Not to mention Juggernaut's durability wasn't even mentioned, the scene was meant to showcase that Thor's power can even stop and push back Juggernaut.

It's a fact is it? How are you going to go about prove this fact? Especially under this writer who never gave any indication of fluctuating durability.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2013 02:54 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

So you're a telepath now that can dig into the mind of the writer? Otherwise no, we don't get to ignore on panel evidence in favor of your guesswork. The arrogance of it all.

So what? That doesn't mean the God Blast was on par. Not to mention Juggernaut's durability wasn't even mentioned, the scene was meant to showcase that Thor's power can even stop and push back Juggernaut.

It's a fact is it? How are you going to go about prove this fact? Especially under this writer who never gave any indication of fluctuating durability.

This is not rocket science dude.
Why in the hell would the writer PURPOSELY want the attack to be lesser than previous? Especially when he referenced the previous Godblasts right before Thor did the attack?

The feat doesn't take away from Thor. It only adds to Juggernaut. The Godblast is still awesome.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2013 02:57 AM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

This is not rocket science dude.
Why in the hell would the writer PURPOSELY want the attack to be lesser than previous? Especially when he referenced the previous Godblasts right before Thor did the attack?

It isn't, which is why I'm curious what in particular is confusing you.

Ask the writer, I'm not a mind reader like you. A few issues before that fight, he had a Mjolnir reinforced with the belt of strength explode under the strain of the God Blast. This indicates far more powerful energy was used.

Which is hardy contradictory, the Celestials are far more powerful then Juggernaut. Especially in that era when there armor shrugged off even planetary levels of power.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2013 03:00 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

The feat doesn't take away from Thor. It only adds to Juggernaut. The Godblast is still awesome.

laughing out loud

I don't give a shit. I'm not going to ignore the only possible logical conclusion and evidence slapping us in the face because you're desperate to give Juggernaut a better feat.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2013 03:01 AM
h1a8

It isn't, which is why I'm curious what in particular is confusing you.

Ask the writer, I'm not a mind reader like you. A few issues before that fight, he had a Mjolnir reinforced with the belt of strength explode under the strain of the God Blast. This indicates far more powerful energy was used.

Which is hardy contradictory, the Celestials are far more powerful then Juggernaut. Especially in that era when there armor shrugged off even planetary levels of power.

He referenced the other Godblast as being the same attack (while boasting that they were able overcome the enemy) prior to Thor doing it. It's obviously he's not trying to confuse the reader into thinking 'this' Godblast is weaker than the previous one.

There is 0 reason why the writer would want the Godblast to be lesser than previous, especially given the wording of the comic. You don't have to mind read when logic and common sense is perfect.

laughing out loud

I don't give a shit. I'm not going to ignore the only possible logical conclusion and evidence slapping us in the face because you're desperate to give Juggernaut a better feat.
I love the Juggernaut. Way better than Hulk and possibly DD. He's my favorite brick by far.

Last edited by h1a8 on Jul 15th, 2013 at 03:15 AM

Old Post Jul 15th, 2013 03:13 AM
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

lol. not even close

Old Post Jul 15th, 2013 03:14 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

He referenced the other Godblast as being the same attack (while boasting that they were able overcome the enemy) prior to Thor doing it. It's obviously he's not trying to confuse the reader into thinking 'this' Godblast is weaker than the previous one.

There is 0 reason why the writer would want the Godblast to be lesser than previous, especially given the wording of the comic. You don't have to mind read when logic and common sense is perfect.

Yes, same attack. That does not mean it's the same level of power. No one denied it wasn't a God Blast.

What the hell are you even talking about? How about you shut up, read the comic, and stop trying to speculate in favor of on panel evidence? Just compare the preparation against Exitar in comparison to Juggernaut alone:
(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

Except it is. Then start using some.

I love the Juggernaut. Way better than Hulk and possibly DD. He's my favorite brick by far.

I figured that out when you argued he was more durable then Galacus.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2013 03:24 AM
h1a8

Yes, same attack. That does not mean it's the same level of power. No one denied it wasn't a God Blast.

What the hell are you even talking about? How about you shut up, read the comic, and stop trying to speculate in favor of on panel evidence? Just compare the preparation against Exitar in comparison to Juggernaut alone:

Except it is. Then start using some.

I figured that out when you argued he was more durable then Galacus.

So you believe that the writer wanted the Godblast against Juggs to be weaker when prior Godblasts were carefully referenced?

Or are you arguing that what the writer wanted doesn't count?

Or are you arguing that Mjolnir's durability doesn't fluctuate?

Old Post Jul 15th, 2013 03:51 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus

So you believe that the writer wanted the Godblast against Juggs to be weaker when prior Godblasts were carefully referenced?

Or are you arguing that what the writer wanted doesn't count?

Or are you arguing that Mjolnir's durability doesn't fluctuate?

Yes. Because he referenced a story where a God Blast he wrote, shattered the hammer while it was reinforced and produced a powerful, and large enough explosion to stun Exitar.

Are you arguing that you know what a writer wants when the comic conflicts with it? Look at all the telepaths we have on KMC all of a sudden.

I'm arguing that basing your case on a point that you cannot prove in anyway is complete idiotic. We aren't comparing two writers from across decades, this is the same guy who wrote the story like a dozen issues apart. And he's pretty well versed no his Thor stuff.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2013 03:52 AM
h1a8

Yes. Because he referenced a story where a God Blast he wrote, shattered the hammer while it was reinforced and produced a powerful, and large enough explosion to stun Exitar.

Are you arguing that you know what a writer wants when the comic conflicts with it? Look at all the telepaths we have on KMC all of a sudden.

I'm arguing that basing your case on a point that you cannot prove in anyway is complete idiotic. We aren't comparing two writers from across decades, this is the same guy who wrote the story like a dozen issues apart. And he's pretty well versed no his Thor stuff.

What would be the point of making Godblast weaker? Wouldn't that be confusing to the reader, especially in light of it stopping Juggs and being referenced to give Celestials pause? The writer is not trying to confuse the reader at all but make things clear as day.

If you don't accept the variable durability concept (which is a proven fact in comics) then when the hammer was repaired maybe it was stronger and didn't need reinforcements the second time.

The comic doesn't not conflict with the writer because of
1. Variable durability concept

I did prove my argument. Writer's don't write things not shown or explained, nor do they secretly try to confuse the reader. Readers who read the comic instantly knew that Juggs was hit with the same Godblast as Thor hit Exitar with as the reason it was referenced.

If the Godblast was weaker than before the writer would have explained that it was and why it was, instead of confusing the reader and referencing past Godblast feats to compare. That's the proof.

1. Godblast was weaker (non founded) and hammer's durability is same
2. Godblast was same and hammer's durability is different
You are basically picking and choosing what suits you instead of what makes more sense. At best 2. is at least as credible as 1. and makes more sense

Last edited by h1a8 on Jul 16th, 2013 at 06:33 PM

Old Post Jul 16th, 2013 06:29 PM