KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
. 1 100.00%
. 0 0%
Total: 1 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
Started by: focus4chumps

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (638): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
early rumors were that this batman will be in his second year, but that could change..
They aren't giving Batman his own solo movie, so apparently they don't want to go through his origin (early years) again. It'll probably be Batman in his prime, like 5+ years in.
Originally posted by -Pr-
oh, superman should be, for the most part, widely loved. he still did save the entire planet. I was thinking more like a loud minority; kind of like the Godfrey stuff. And of course Luthor.
ah, yeah. that makes sense.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2013 06:33 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

oh, superman should be, for the most part, widely loved. he still did save the entire planet. I was thinking more like a loud minority; kind of like the Godfrey stuff. And of course Luthor.

That would require the people to be understanding about the destruction of their homes and loved ones... They won't be.

Plus Luthor will undoubtedly be spinning the story to portray Superman in a bad light. Unless there is a time-skip, I just can't see Superman being loved by the masses (specifically those of Metropolis).

Old Post Jul 21st, 2013 06:36 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by marwash22
They aren't giving Batman his own solo movie, so apparently they don't want to go through his origin (early years) again. It'll probably be Batman in his prime, like 5+ years in. ah, yeah. that makes sense.

It just can't be, like Angry Joe said, the "Batman is better than any other superhero" movie.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jul 21st, 2013 06:36 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

Agreed. Though, i do think there needs to be at least one moment were Batman either punks Superman, or does something that makes him worthy of being a rival and peer to Superman.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2013 06:40 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

They aren't giving Batman his own solo movie, so apparently they don't want to go through his origin (early years) again. It'll probably be Batman in his prime, like 5+ years in.

That was just an early rumor, i have to think this batman will be fight worthy amd detective savy.. also i have to believe that if this is successful then there will be a batman solo film..

[B]ah, yeah. that makes sense.

i know, right... lol

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 21st, 2013 06:41 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Agreed. Though, i do think there needs to be at least one moment were Batman either punks Superman, or does something that makes him worthy of being a rival and peer to Superman.

Definitely. They have to compliment each other at the end of the day, and get it in people's heads that "these guys are teammates, and bring something to the table that doesn't make the other guy useless".

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jul 21st, 2013 06:44 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

since they didn;t introduce us to kryptonite in Man if Steel , Im not sure they will in this, but will wait until I get my hands on Goyer's script.. big grin stick out tongue laughing out loud

I remember Synder's said regarding Kryptonite that just because it wasn't shown in this movie doesn't mean it doesn't exist. If Batman and Luthor are in it I think Krytonite is guaranteed to be honest. Because there has to be some way to make them both rivals with Supes.

I sense Metallo, Luthor's Kryptonite suit and a BatBot.

Originally posted by Zack Fair
Batman is only going downhill after Nolan trilogy.

Better get ready for the butthurt

Unfortunately this is somewhat true. But I think we need a less realistic Batman to go up against Supes.

However I'm sure we will see a few things influenced from Nolan's Batman in this Batman. After all the last solo Batman movie before this will still be Nolan's.

Last edited by Darth Thor on Jul 21st, 2013 at 11:47 AM

Old Post Jul 21st, 2013 11:43 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

Less realism doesn't equate to going downhill for Batman. The most fun stories are the Superman/Batman books where he shows ridiculous technology. Most importantly, the books nail the dynamic between the two's relationship.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2013 03:08 PM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
COG Veteran
Teh GrOovY 1

I'm voting Michael Fassbender for the new Bat.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2013 04:10 PM
COG Veteran is currently offline Click here to Send COG Veteran a Private Message Find more posts by COG Veteran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

That's subjective, but fact is it was the darker and more realistic Nolan Batman that's been bringing in the dollars on the big screen.

So Zack's point is a fair one in that audiences might not react as well to a completely different take on Batman.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2013 04:12 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Based
iPinoy

It just can't be, like Angry Joe said, the "Batman is better than any other superhero" movie.

I agree. Most attempts of this outside the comics are lame or deal with PIS.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2013 04:17 PM
Based is currently offline Click here to Send Based a Private Message Find more posts by Based Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
That's subjective, but fact is it was the darker and more realistic Nolan Batman that's been bringing in the dollars on the big screen.

So Zack's point is a fair one in that audiences might not react as well to a completely different take on Batman.

I'd argue that it's the fact that it's a well made, well written, well acted Batman that does better on the big screen, regardless of realism.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jul 21st, 2013 06:06 PM
wakkawakkawakka

So Snyder isn't going to consult Bruce Timm? That's a shame but I do like the idea of the new Batman being put into a Superman sequel since it save fans from having to see the whole origin thing again.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2013 06:29 PM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

I remember Synder's said regarding Kryptonite that just because it wasn't shown in this movie doesn't mean it doesn't exist. If Batman and Luthor are in it I think Krytonite is guaranteed to be honest. Because there has to be some way to make them both rivals with Supes.

That could very well happen

[B]I sense Metallo, Luthor's Kryptonite suit and a BatBot.

Metallo could work definitely.. a Batbot, yeah especially depending if Kal is going all out when they fight

[B]Unfortunately this is somewhat true. But I think we need a less realistic Batman to go up against Supes.

However I'm sure we will see a few things influenced from Nolan's Batman in this Batman. After all the last solo Batman movie before this will still be Nolan's.

As with Man of Steel, I am sure that this will have a lot of Nolan's influence.. In fact I won't be at all surprised if Nolan overseas the rest if WB's shared Cinematic U

Old Post Jul 21st, 2013 07:26 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Doubt it.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Jul 21st, 2013 07:29 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Top 5 super villains I want to see:

• Metallo (with morphing ability)
  • Brainiac
  • Parasite
  • Darkseid
  • Bizzaro

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jul 21st, 2013 07:32 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

I can only imagine the shitstorm that would be started by the handicap community if derpy ass Bizzaro was in a movie.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2013 07:38 PM
ares834

Yeah, Bizzaro is pretty lame anyway and way too hard to take seriously.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2013 07:41 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Impediment
Top 5 super villains I want to see:

• Metallo (with morphing ability)
  • Brainiac
  • Parasite
  • Darkseid
  • Bizzaro

good choices, Darkseid will be save for Justice League, imo

Old Post Jul 21st, 2013 07:53 PM
Darth Thor

As with Man of Steel, I am sure that this will have a lot of Nolan's influence.. In fact I won't be at all surprised if Nolan overseas the rest if WB's shared Cinematic U

I hope he does at least oversee it. But I'm certain his influence will last. For instance Synder said the Wayne Enterprise logo in MOS was a tribute to Nolan.

good choices, Darkseid will be save for Justice League, imo

Yeah Darkseid will definitely left for a potential JL.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2013 10:04 PM