KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Foreign Cinema » All Versus character sorting thread.

All Versus character sorting thread.
Started by: ScreamPaste

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (37): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Scenario
Greater Sci-Fi combatant

Buttercup once lifted a mountain, while Bubbles circled the Earth in 6 seconds. Blossom punched a meteor apart after freezing it.

All three of them have gone FTL and time traveled, though that's more a product of the setting's rules. They've been close to the sun during a solar flare and got the equivalent of a normal sunburn.

I'm going to say High Meta to Low Herald.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 01:36 AM
The Scenario is currently offline Click here to Send The Scenario a Private Message Find more posts by The Scenario Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Do they usually operate at that level or are those just their highs?

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 01:38 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Etherean Fire
Noble Al-LIE

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The Scenario
Buttercup once lifted a mountain, while Bubbles circled the Earth in 6 seconds. Blossom punched a meteor apart after freezing it.

All three of them have gone FTL and time traveled, though that's more a product of the setting's rules. They've been close to the sun during a solar flare and got the equivalent of a normal sunburn.

I'm going to say High Meta to Low Herald.

Now I'm starting to see it. I'm just not sure which of the two they would be.

Also, I say we discuss Gogeta's rank after this.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 01:38 AM
Etherean Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Etherean Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Etherean Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Originally posted by ares834
Do they usually operate at that level or are those just their highs?

Those are the highs. They're normally not that crazy. Still very strong though, and casually stomp most giant monsters.

I'm unsure where to put them. Low Herald seems to high, but High Meta can lead to a lot of stomps if we include some of their higher showings.

The moon and stars aren't just shades of lead

But you wouldn't know as you rest your head.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 01:41 AM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Bubbles is the best of the three, when she's all hardcore, though they have fluctuating feats. One day they can lift mountains but during things like the DYNAMO episode they couldn't physically harm that monster.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 01:42 AM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Etherean Fire
Noble Al-LIE

Casually defeating giants seems a High Meta feat. Hence Cole McGrath should probably be moved. I'd have argued Low Herald if they could consistently peak.

Last edited by Etherean Fire on Aug 21st, 2013 at 01:46 AM

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 01:43 AM
Etherean Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Etherean Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Etherean Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

Low to Mid herald

Their greatest trait is speed. When they use it at full blast they have hit near lightspeed, think that was when they went from past the moon to earth, or when they ran so fast they time travelled (even of they rarely move that fast). Besides that they should be town+ /city level, like throwing building sized monsters over the city.

"Gonna need more chloroform..."

"If you look down on us, judge us, condemn us... then you shall fear us!"

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 01:45 AM
BloodRain is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRain a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Scenario
Greater Sci-Fi combatant

Those are highs compared to the rest of the show, and a few weren't done casually. Buttercup struggled with the mountain, while Bubbles was completely casual and for most of the race; she thought she was just supposed to keep up, and when told it was a race she completely outclassed her opponent. Blossom's was also done casually, she had more trouble figuring out where to hit the meteor than actually shattering it.

The FTL feat was a struggle, and they'd never tried that hard before. The sunburn was implied to be only due to the flare, though it's a bit high for them.

Their average is closer to casual city busting stuff I think, with scattered higher and lower showings. When shown to try, they're a bit higher. Though it isn't the most consistent show by any means.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 01:46 AM
The Scenario is currently offline Click here to Send The Scenario a Private Message Find more posts by The Scenario Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

I'm gonna vote low herald for the PPG's.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 01:48 AM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Etherean Fire
Noble Al-LIE

Currently, I say High Meta. They seem to lack the consistency necessary for Herald status.

Edit: I forgot we were examining them as a whole. In that case, I'll work with a theoretical 'Gogeta Principle' to make a call for Low Herald.

Last edited by Etherean Fire on Aug 21st, 2013 at 01:52 AM

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 01:49 AM
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

For the sake of consistency of the high end feats, low herald

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 01:49 AM
BloodRain is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRain a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

All right, it's time for Gogeta, Sacred117. I'll mark the PPG's down with three votes so far for Low Herald, but not update yet.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 01:59 AM
Phanteros
the Shade knight

High Meta for PPG

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 02:00 AM
Phanteros is currently offline Click here to Send Phanteros a Private Message Find more posts by Phanteros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

OMEGA SHENRON

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 02:00 AM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

Reconsidering actually.

With mountain strength and FTL speed they ate mid herald.

With their consisted feats of throwing building sized monsters they would be low herald or high meta based mainly on their speed; Massively hypersonic or hypersonic+
it comes down to speed as they don't really have the powers to give them more to work with.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 02:03 AM
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

1 vote for high meta, 2 for low herald, 1 for mid herald. PPGs remain inconclusive.

Edit: Wait, what are you actually voting, BR?

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 02:04 AM
Etherean Fire
Noble Al-LIE

Alright. It's been years since I've actually watched DBZ (shame, right sad), so I'm gonna need some help with this one. The first thing I'd like to point out is that he seems to have physics defying durability, being able to casually tank Omega Shenron's punches while suspended in mid-air without moving so much as a centimeter. To add to that, fusion seems to multiply the power levels of both by one another. In other words, Goku x Vegeta = Gogeta. This last one is greatly speculative, but Gogeta is said to rank two slots in the DBZ power bracket above Omega Shenron. I'll have to actually look into that myself. I'll see what else I can find. That's all I've got for now.

Last edited by Etherean Fire on Aug 21st, 2013 at 02:08 AM

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 02:06 AM
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

Low herald if we use their high end feats, high meta if not. /shrugs

The strongest DB character only gets to mid Herald. GT SS4 Goku was high end massively hypersonic iirc, so at best we can say Gogeta is a relativistic star buster. Lacking the speed or hax to advance.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 02:11 AM
Etherean Fire
Noble Al-LIE

I'd say Goku actually peaks at High Herald. SSJ2 Gogeta I'm not sure about. As for speed, just multiply the top speeds for both character and, in theory, you should have it. I would guess SSJ4 at roughly Transcendent, but I probably wouldn't put him beyond that. I see little reason to suggest differently.

Edit: Where does "Star Buster" put him?

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 02:16 AM
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Originally posted by Sacred 117
I'd say Goku actually peaks at High Herald. SSJ2 Gogeta I'm not sure about. As for speed, just multiply the top speeds for both character and, in theory, you should have it. I would guess SSJ4 at roughly Transcendent, but I probably wouldn't put him beyond that. I see little reason to suggest differently.
You can't really just multiply their speed together for the answer, nothing supports an exponential increase like that to my knowledge.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 02:17 AM