KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Foreign Cinema » All Versus character sorting thread.

All Versus character sorting thread.
Started by: ScreamPaste

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (37): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Etherean Fire
Noble Al-LIE

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
You can't really just multiply their speed together for the answer, nothing supports an exponential increase like that to my knowledge.

It's mostly theoretical, like I said. The last time I looked at it, anyways.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 02:18 AM
Etherean Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Etherean Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Etherean Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

Originally posted by Sacred 117
I'd say Goku actually peaks at High Herald. SSJ2 Gogeta I'm not sure about. As for speed, just multiply the top speeds for both character and, in theory, you should have it. I would guess SSJ4 at roughly Transcendent, but I probably wouldn't put him beyond that. I see little reason to suggest differently.

Edit: Where does "Star Buster" put him?
Yeah you can't multiply speed like that. Bumping up from the best speed feats they have give his possible speed, and star busting as the greatest feat is DB is large planet busting, so as with speed a fair assumption says that is what it could be.

So many assumptions.. but yeah, the speed and destruction by itself means it fails to deals high herald. From the feats we have, that is.

"Gonna need more chloroform..."

"If you look down on us, judge us, condemn us... then you shall fear us!"

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 02:22 AM
BloodRain is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRain a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

never actually saw GT but if he's anything like vegeto, mid herald sounds good.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 02:24 AM
NotAllThatEvil is currently offline Click here to Send NotAllThatEvil a Private Message Find more posts by NotAllThatEvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

I cannot recall anything in DBZ that comes close to starbusting. no expression

I'm also beginning to think I may have undersold Luna and Celestia.

The moon and stars aren't just shades of lead

But you wouldn't know as you rest your head.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 02:32 AM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Etherean Fire
Noble Al-LIE

I've always safely assumed Goku to be High Herald (at peak). I can't see putting him much lower than that. In turn, the best thing you can do is scale Gogeta up from there. For collective Gogeta, I'd say High Herald or Transcendent. Though Trans may be pushing it depending on where Goku stands. I'm not sure where SSJ God puts him.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 02:33 AM
Etherean Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Etherean Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Etherean Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

well she was beat by chrysalis's love beam...

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 02:34 AM
NotAllThatEvil is currently offline Click here to Send NotAllThatEvil a Private Message Find more posts by NotAllThatEvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

Basically from calcs end of Z characters should be able to destroy a planet I believe 20 times that of Jupiter (sketchy calc, but meh), and by powerscaling seeing as SS1 GTGoku could do that, Gogeta here could too. But powerscaling doesnt allow assumptions, so possible star level is the best they'll every get.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 02:35 AM
BloodRain is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRain a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
well she was beat by chrysalis's love beam...

That was just the icing on the crap writing cake of that episode, lol.

Season 1 Celestia and Luna were hardcore as ****. Discord was powerful enough to be a credible villain despite this, but Chrysalis just devoured so much love or something. Pet peeve.
Originally posted by Sacred 117
I've always safely assumed Goku to be High Herald (at peak). I can't see putting him much lower than that. In turn, the best thing you can do is scale Gogeta up from there. For collective Gogeta, I'd say High Herald or Transcendent. Though Trans may be pushing it depending on where Goku stands. I'm not sure where SSJ God puts him.

Thor and Superman are high heralds, no DBZ character exceeds them.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 02:36 AM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

babidii said you need 300 kili(or some other measurement) to destroy a planet, and that goku had much more. jut saying...

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 02:37 AM
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Originally posted by BloodRain
Basically from calcs end of Z characters should be able to destroy a planet I believe 20 times that of Jupiter (sketchy calc, but meh), and by powerscaling seeing as SS1 GTGoku could do that, Gogeta here could too. But powerscaling doesnt allow assumptions, so possible star level is the best they'll every get.
Power scaling with DBZ doesn't work well, the series is pretty inconsistent.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 02:37 AM
Etherean Fire
Noble Al-LIE

What specifically happened when Goku blasted Cooler into the sun (at SSJ1)? He appear to have destroyed the sun, but I wouldn't argue for it without knowing for sure. Otherwise, it seems purely exaggerated.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 02:38 AM
Etherean Fire
Noble Al-LIE

Originally posted by ScreamPaste
That was just the icing on the crap writing cake of that episode, lol.

Season 1 Celestia and Luna were hardcore as ****. Discord was powerful enough to be a credible villain despite this, but Chrysalis just devoured so much love or something. Pet peeve.
Thor and Superman are high heralds, no DBZ character exceeds them.

Gogeta I'm still self-debating on; Goku wouldn't for certain, but that doesn't necessarily call for scaling Goku down. As said, some characters can exceed others within the same tier.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 02:42 AM
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

Okay, to reach high herald goku would need his level of destruction, ftl speeds and many other powers and hax. He only has one of those traits and severely lacks two of them. He cannot be in this tier.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 02:46 AM
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

what about goku with a bag of senzus?

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 02:50 AM
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Senzus could give Goku an edge in an otherwise close fight, extending his ability to use his SSJ3 form or recover from a beat down ahead of his opponent. It would make no difference in a curb stomp battle like against Thor, though.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 02:54 AM
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

If I recall correctly, any proper fusion achieved through the ritual was more powerful than a fusion by the earrings. Since it was a limited fusion, the power of the character was greater by factors, where as the earrings only generated a character with power of the sum.

Vegito = Vegeta + Goku

Gogeta = 4(Goku + Vegeta)

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 02:59 AM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Etherean Fire
Noble Al-LIE

Originally posted by BloodRain
Okay, to reach high herald goku would need his level of destruction, ftl speeds and many other powers and hax. He only has one of those traits and severely lacks two of them. He cannot be in this tier.

I'm still off on what qualifies as hax. Otherwise, TK, teleportation, sixth sense, mind reading, etc.

Last edited by Etherean Fire on Aug 21st, 2013 at 03:02 AM

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 03:00 AM
ares834

Gogeta for High Herald.

High end DBZ characters can casually destroy planets. That's something most mid heralds can't do except for on their best days. And, well, Gogeta is well above most high end DBZ characters.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 03:00 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

I have no position on Gogeta or GT, but I think that's two votes for High Herald.

Sacred117 and Ares834.

One vote for mid

BloodRain.

I miss anyone?

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 03:07 AM
Etherean Fire
Noble Al-LIE

I'm still speculative on ranks for Goku and Gogeta. Goku's rank will ultimately determine that.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 03:09 AM