KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Started by: janus77

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (33): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Badabing
Shut up.

You can't silence me! Happy Dance

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2013 01:13 PM
TheGodKiller02 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGodKiller02 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGodKiller02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

Anyways, who wants to bet that Skye's seemingly double agent status will end up getting exposed in the next episode?

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2013 01:15 PM
TheGodKiller02 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGodKiller02 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGodKiller02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
basilisk

I hope this show improves soon. So far it's been weak, dull stories, cliched boring characters, weak scripts, below par acting. I wasn't expecting the cinematic Marvel, but a show from Whedon with this budget should be much better than it is. Once or twice it's shown some promise but it just doesn't deliver.

I will persevere for the time being but they'd better get moving soon.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2013 03:14 PM
basilisk is currently offline Click here to Send basilisk a Private Message Find more posts by basilisk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpaceMonkey
Project Mayhem

Last night's episode was solid. I still think there is room for improvement, but I am pleased with it thus far.

"Put him in a straightjacket, the man's sick!"

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2013 03:18 PM
SpaceMonkey is currently offline Click here to Send SpaceMonkey a Private Message Find more posts by SpaceMonkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by TheGodKiller
Anyways, who wants to bet that Skye's seemingly double agent status will end up getting exposed in the next episode?

Yep. you called it. And we're getting a little bit more about Coulson every week; this episode he's up early and often restless. Will they play this out until the end of the season, that he could be a life model decoy?

Oh, and Ruth Negga is a real cutie, as that duplicitous agent for the 'Centipede' organization.

Attachment: ruthnegga1.jpg
This has been downloaded 100 time(s).

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2013 06:04 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

The ratings are dropping with this show

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansi...s/news/?a=88987

its starting to get good, Hope it makes it to season 2.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2013 05:29 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Really hope the show starts to improve some more.

Nice to see an irish actress doing well though.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Oct 24th, 2013 05:31 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

As much as I ***** about this show it is still better than the vast majority of crap that TV shoves at us.

Anyway, the last episode was decent. The Asian guy going crazy was pretty dumb but other than that it was enjoyable.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2013 05:54 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
last night's ep was fair and that is putting it mildly.. the sunfire ripoff could have been handled better.. its good that they mention the avengers in passing but they should really have at least one of them guest star if nothing else..

Originally posted by -Pr-
Really hope the show starts to improve some more.

Nice to see an irish actress doing well though.

she should have spoken in her natural language stick out tongue

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Oct 24th, 2013 07:43 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

Need I remind people that Skye was prancing around in her underwear last episode?

Seriously though, I like the show and hope it sticks around for awhile.

By Stoic

Old Post Oct 25th, 2013 12:24 AM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by tkitna

Seriously though, I like the show and hope it sticks around for awhile.

Yeah give it time to develop more and hit its stride.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2013 05:48 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
janus77
Banana Genius

This ep wasn't as good as the last, but still an improvement on the first few episodes.

Getting stronger, but 1) serious budget with mediocre pacing so far and 2) May and Coulson just aren't a good paring.

Are you a Glinting Bastard?

Old Post Oct 26th, 2013 01:36 AM
janus77 is currently offline Click here to Send janus77 a Private Message Find more posts by janus77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Sorrow

May and Coulson are like the only 2 characters I care for - Skye is annoying and Ward is bland af. It's not a bad show its just not a great show either so far, very generic in it's feel and almost seems like just another teen series. Hopefully this Centipede stuff leads somewhere, and picks up the pace of the show.

Out of Arrow, Walking Dead, The Blacklist and even Revolution, this is the show I look forward to watching the least but I'm still hopeful.

Last edited by The Sorrow on Oct 26th, 2013 at 02:40 PM

Old Post Oct 26th, 2013 02:37 PM
The Sorrow is currently offline Click here to Send The Sorrow a Private Message Find more posts by The Sorrow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
janus77
Banana Genius

Xander and Willow are my favourites, though female Spike is coming along nicely.

Maybe I watched too much Joss Whedon product, these relationships and characters seem very ... familiar.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2013 02:51 PM
janus77 is currently offline Click here to Send janus77 a Private Message Find more posts by janus77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
janus77
Banana Genius

Originally posted by The Sorrow
May and Coulson are like the only 2 characters I care for - Skye is annoying and Ward is bland af. It's not a bad show its just not a great show either so far, very generic in it's feel and almost seems like just another teen series. Hopefully this Centipede stuff leads somewhere, and picks up the pace of the show.

Out of Arrow, Walking Dead, The Blacklist and even Revolution, this is the show I look forward to watching the least but I'm still hopeful.

Come on, Arrow? sad

Granted I don't watch the others you list but Arrow?

I can only watch that show when I'm utterly unemployed, bored and can't fall asleep. Even then I have to expend serious mental energy picturing The Queen women naked, every time they appear. And that lawyer women dead.

MAOS is shallow and slow, has cardboard thin characterisation and constantly reminds you of how big a budget it is wasting but, still a lot better than Arrow.

The only telly I watch with any enthusiasm, at the moment, are Elementary (very good show) and American Horror Story (occasionally cinematic in quality, usually very very good).

MAOS reminds me a little of season 1 of Heroes, but with fewer and less interesting characters.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2013 03:00 PM
pym-ftw
Mizukage

I feel like a little fan love would go a long way toward helping this show do better.

I'm not Joking, Boy
Ignore list: Abhi for the sake of the forum.
53>6.6
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GCAMfDmX86o
My YouTube

Old Post Oct 26th, 2013 03:06 PM
pym-ftw is currently offline Click here to Send pym-ftw a Private Message Find more posts by pym-ftw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Sorrow

Originally posted by janus77
Come on, Arrow? sad

Granted I don't watch the others you list but Arrow?

I can only watch that show when I'm utterly unemployed, bored and can't fall asleep. Even then I have to expend serious mental energy picturing The Queen women naked, every time they appear. And that lawyer women dead.

MAOS is shallow and slow, has cardboard thin characterisation and constantly reminds you of how big a budget it is wasting but, still a lot better than Arrow.

The only telly I watch with any enthusiasm, at the moment, are Elementary (very good show) and American Horror Story (occasionally cinematic in quality, usually very very good).

MAOS reminds me a little of season 1 of Heroes, but with fewer and less interesting characters.

laughing out loud I like Arrow do you watch it?

Yep have to agree there is a severe lack of eye candy, Thea would get it though lol

Arrow can be a bit cheesy at times, and the acting isn't the best but it holds my interest with it's storylines and action. The pacing is generally good, there is actually thrill and suspense (something else MAOS has been sorely lacking so far) and other known characters from the DC universe have or will be making an appearance. Plus I'm a big Green Arrow fan stick out tongue

I feel as though Arrow has found it's feet and has improved over the earlier episodes where it was a bit shaky, something I'm still hopeful of SHIELD. I guess it boils down to personal taste aswell really but MAOS needs to make significant improvements if it's to make it past a 1st season imo. That American Horror Story you mentioned looks good but I've only seen adverts, it's hard to find time keep up with so many tv shows!

Old Post Oct 26th, 2013 03:32 PM
The Sorrow is currently offline Click here to Send The Sorrow a Private Message Find more posts by The Sorrow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
janus77
Banana Genius

Yep have to agree there is a severe lack of eye candy, Thea would get it though lol

Arrow can be a bit cheesy at times, and the acting isn't the best but it holds my interest with it's storylines and action. The pacing is generally good, there is actually thrill and suspense (something else MAOS has been sorely lacking so far) and other known characters from the DC universe have or will be making an appearance. Plus I'm a big Green Arrow fan stick out tongue

I feel as though Arrow has found it's feet and has improved over the earlier episodes where it was a bit shaky, something I'm still hopeful of SHIELD. I guess it boils down to personal taste aswell really but MAOS needs to make significant improvements if it's to make it past a 1st season imo. That American Horror Story you mentioned looks good but I've only seen adverts, it's hard to find time keep up with so many tv shows!

I did watch season 1 of Arrow quite a bit, mostly because I was seriously bored and it was the only super-hero-y stuff on.

I've seen bits of season 2, the female superhero - Black Canary? - is yet another disappointing casting (and costuming!).

Felicity's looking hotter though, but that might just be the slow erosion of my standards, as I accept and acclimate to the meagre offerings of the show?

I miss smallville, maybe it's because I was still fairly young, but that show had a lot of hot looking girls. And the "smallville" scenery wasn't bad either. It got me through quite a few of their goofy stories.

Arrow is brave, in that respect, the lead female character has neither character nor allure. She is as vacant, vacuous and dull as you can get.

I was kinda hoping that Oliver's time on the island had left him deranged and he'd start an affair with Thea ... yes She's definitely the prettiest female on that show (and up there with the Willow character of MAOS).

AMS is definitely worth watching. Season 1 was dark and occasionally dreary, but season 2 was consistently excellent and season 3 is even better. Also, what other show gets you wondering who's hotter - Jessica Lange or Emma Roberts!?

Old Post Oct 26th, 2013 06:32 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

I love Arrow and feel that the show does right with Ollie and the rest of the DCU..

Originally posted by pym-ftw
I feel like a little fan love would go a long way toward helping this show do better.

either fans don't know this show exists or they stay with NCIS..

some people might simply DVR this and watch NCIS

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Oct 26th, 2013 07:35 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

Originally posted by pym-ftw

I couldn't agree more. They need the element that's gonna have people talking, well they already have it, they just need to use it. They need something like cameos or for gods sake, one or two characters from the comics as regulars on the show. It would be cool if they used the show to bring back Dum dum Dugan for example.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2013 09:09 PM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote