KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Attack On Titan Manga

Attack On Titan Manga
Started by: AuraAngel

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
dadudemon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by AuraAngel
Wait what kind of corruption we talking about? The military police being somewhat likes bullies is rather well known but I'm thinking corruption like people inside the walls knowing where titans come from and such.

I'm talking about using the regular citizens as meat shields, sending them off to die by the thousands when wall Rose/Maria fell, abusing the citizens, having a crazy and ruthless king, and the power hungry leaders over the 3 military branches constantly fighting.

Many of the peon citizens are not aware of all of those. But most of the military personnel know that. Oh, and some people join the police force to avoid hard work and to enjoy a life of slothfulness (and goodies).

He might do an enemy mine with them but I don't see why he'd ever come around to liking them. Why do you think they're the heroes again?

Not heroes, the good guys. They are the ones trying to actually work towards saving humanity. They also seem to be opposed to the corrupt elements of the human country's leaders.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2014 10:08 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

quote:

I'm talking about using the regular citizens as meat shields, sending them off to die by the thousands when wall Rose/Maria fell, abusing the citizens, having a crazy and ruthless king, and the power hungry leaders over the 3 military branches constantly fighting.

The first isn't common, and I don't think people know about what the king is like or the internal bickering.

They *do* know about what happened after the fall of Wall Maria, of course... but that was simply a matter of, "Tens of thousands die, or mass civil war over food shortage. Pick one." The military couldn't have reclaimed the wall no matter what it sent, but they also simply lacked food to feed the population of three walls with two falls.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2014 10:22 PM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Yeah the wall falling can't really be shown as an example of the titan shifters being on the moral high ground. The government would not have had to sacrifice all of those people had Bertolt not smashed the wall with his foot.

Incidentally everyone who is your favorite character? Mine is obviously Eren. Which is rare cause while I tend to like main characters they're usually never my main favorite.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2014 10:29 PM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

So I still don't know how Erwin and Pixis are supposed to be carrying out this "revolution" that their talking about. But I am a tad let down about how lame the king looks. Imean most monarchy type guys are either fat or should have a tricked out palace of jewels and shit.

Yeah I'm not seeing how the Titan Shifter are supposed to be the good guys here. I mean Bert and and Annie kind of throw that idea into the wind. But I am interested as to why they are doing all of this.

Favorite character in the series so far is a toss up between Levi and Eren.

Last edited by wakkawakkawakka on Feb 8th, 2014 at 10:45 PM

Old Post Feb 8th, 2014 10:40 PM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
So I still don't know how Erwin and Pixis are supposed to be carrying out this "revolution" that their talking about.

There is the matter that none of the royal guard are a match for them in a fight. And they don't need to take down the whole guard, just the leaders of their opposition,

Old Post Feb 8th, 2014 10:51 PM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

Levi is easily my favorite character. Anyway I love how soon its not as black and white as humans vs titans. There's a big ole mess brewing and I can't wait to see what happens.

Last edited by BruhMan on Feb 8th, 2014 at 11:13 PM

Old Post Feb 8th, 2014 11:10 PM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Yeah the wall falling can't really be shown as an example of the titan shifters being on the moral high ground.

I disagree.

I think they were directed to do that to show the rest of the population how horrible the government is. There is more we have yet to learn about all the secrets we are keeping. The atrocities of the government will become more severe, especially the part about sending thousands to their deaths.

Favorite character is Mikasa. smile

Old Post Feb 9th, 2014 06:03 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Originally posted by dadudemon
I disagree.

I think they were directed to do that to show the rest of the population how horrible the government is. There is more we have yet to learn about all the secrets we are keeping. The atrocities of the government will become more severe, especially the part about sending thousands to their deaths.

Favorite character is Mikasa. smile

Well the government might not be all sunshine and flowers but if the aim of the attack was to show that then it would fail imo. The government would not have needed to sacrifice all those people had the Titan Shifters left well enough alone. It's like saying Jigsaw has a moral high ground over any number of the victims he makes commit murder to save themselves lol.

Mikasa is cool. Was my favorite female. Now I'm kinda leaning toward Historia just to see where the story goes with the character.

Least favorite character?

Old Post Feb 9th, 2014 06:42 AM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Well the government might not be all sunshine and flowers but if the aim of the attack was to show that then it would fail imo.

Not so fast: it is becoming quite obvious, as of late, that that is exactly what the government is doing especially if we ignore the other atrocities the already showed that.

The government would not have needed to sacrifice all those people had the Titan Shifters left well enough alone.

I disagree: those people did not need to die. The stuff about the food shortages and the land for farming was all lies, imo. There is something more going on.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2014 06:47 AM
BruhMan
World Champion

How bout that look at the king in the last pages huh? Another hint at the corrupt state of the government.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2014 06:48 AM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Originally posted by dadudemon
Not so fast: it is becoming quite obvious, as of late, that that is exactly what the government is doing especially if we ignore the other atrocities the already showed that.

I disagree: those people did not need to die. The stuff about the food shortages and the land for farming was all lies, imo. There is something more going on.

I just don't see that particular action as placing the titan shifters in the right. Why would the government have sent those people to die if it could be avoided? Corrupt is different from stupid.

I disagree. Given the sheer size of the area encompassed by Wall Maria and the massive shifts in population that must have occurred I can definitely see it an uncomfortable deduction that their simply is not enough space and supplies to support everyone. The fall of Maria took a huge portion of the human territory(most likely a great deal of it set aside for plot production) and with it a good deal of supplies. Sure the government might have tweaked things but considering these characters live in a world where meat is a luxury the idea that each section is designed to support it's own population is pretty solid.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2014 06:56 AM
dadudemon

Why would the government have sent those people to die if it could be avoided? Corrupt is different from stupid.

You mean why did the rich elite class of humans not want to have to share their living space with the poor?

Great question. Why didn't they want to do that? They were either corrupt or stupid.

I disagree. Given the sheer size of the area encompassed by Wall Maria and the massive shifts in population that must have occurred I can definitely see it an uncomfortable deduction that their simply is not enough space and supplies to support everyone. The fall of Maria took a huge portion of the human territory(most likely a great deal of it set aside for plot production) and with it a good deal of supplies. Sure the government might have tweaked things but considering these characters live in a world where meat is a luxury the idea that each section is designed to support it's own population is pretty solid.

I disagree with your point, here. I think the space was more than enough and the supplies were more than enough.

I am contradicting the government in the manga. I say they lied. I say there were supplies. I say the land was enough (don't forget, the innermost district didn't' take in refugees).

If you look at the land, it is vast amounts of unframed land with densely populated districts. It is empty space, mostly: plenty of arable farmland.

1 year is more than enough to create vast amounts of farms, sew crops, and harvest them. They had 5 years. They decided to kill off half of those humans after 1 year:

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/shin...jin/c003/6.html

It was later stated to be to spare the other half (the half that contained the corrupt) from starvation. But it would have taken just 1 growing season to be able to feed all of the migrants. no expression

They shouldn't have been starving like it was claimed. Something is off about that offensive. IMO, that was what third party human military group was after: to get the government to reveal their despicable-ness.

Also, the author dropped a hint quite a bit ago about these walls:

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/shin...in/c002/40.html

Also, I would say that this third party military group is probably a fanatic group that thinks humans should be turned into Titans to be saved since the Titans appear to be immortal.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2014 08:14 AM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Reading Shakespeare now so I dun care anymore.

Least favorite character?

Old Post Feb 9th, 2014 08:29 AM
dadudemon

The King.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2014 08:34 AM
Q99

quote:

I disagree with your point, here. I think the space was more than enough and the supplies were more than enough.

I am contradicting the government in the manga. I say they lied. I say there were supplies. I say the land was enough (don't forget, the innermost district didn't' take in refugees).

Keep in mind, the outer wall made up something like 50% the food production, it likely was a food source for the inner walls (and the second wall, similarly, is much of what's left. The innermost wall, also, has a mountain in it, reducing it's usable farm space).

And we also know they had a lot of people working on marginal land, a lot of land simply isn't going to produce too much whatever they do, and it shows they were working on expanding food supply. A lot of grassland isn't good farmland... plus, there's the matter of farming gear, making giant new fields requires a ton.

Most likely, they move farmland around to give it time to replenish as well.

And they had over a hundred years to get nearer the supply limits of the land within the walls.

The only way to handle an influx like that is if they had a massive surplus capacity, and given prior circumstances, that's unlikely even without corruption.

They did keep in large chunks of the population of the third wall, but given the limits of the walls I wouldn't expect them to increase food enough for everyone.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2014 08:59 AM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Q99 I know you love things like arguing over details in a stories world but tell me who your least favorite character is or I'll assume it is someone that you probably like. Like Annie or something.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2014 09:06 AM
Demonic Phoenix

(please log in to view the image)

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Feb 24th, 2014 05:15 AM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Q99
Keep in mind, the outer wall made up something like 50% the food production, it likely was a food source for the inner walls (and the second wall, similarly, is much of what's left. The innermost wall, also, has a mountain in it, reducing it's usable farm space).

And we also know they had a lot of people working on marginal land, a lot of land simply isn't going to produce too much whatever they do, and it shows they were working on expanding food supply. A lot of grassland isn't good farmland... plus, there's the matter of farming gear, making giant new fields requires a ton.

Most likely, they move farmland around to give it time to replenish as well.

And they had over a hundred years to get nearer the supply limits of the land within the walls.

The only way to handle an influx like that is if they had a massive surplus capacity, and given prior circumstances, that's unlikely even without corruption.

They did keep in large chunks of the population of the third wall, but given the limits of the walls I wouldn't expect them to increase food enough for everyone.

It turns out that only 20% died from the outer walls:

http://www.mangapanda.com/shingeki-no-kyojin/55/8

So, no, 50% of the food production clearly does not come from the outer walls. And it would appear that the population is more dense on the inner walls. That makes more sense in context. It seemed pretty sparse in the outer wall...hardly anyone around except in the wall junctions. A few very small towns, that's it.

So I wonder how they did their food production?

Old Post Mar 7th, 2014 06:33 PM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

So what we have here is a chapter that is the exact opposite of the One Piece chapter. While One Piece was fun, fun, fun, and then horrid ending, this chapter was boring, boring, a bit heart wrenching, awesome ending.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2014 07:24 PM
chasedown
Show me the feats!!!

I gotta say attack on titan is a breath of fresh air to the anime world.... The story is good the characters are great. The fact that no character is safe from
Being eaten alive is awesome too.!!!!

"One must be willing to give his life for those he wishes to protect."

Old Post Mar 9th, 2014 04:08 AM
chasedown is currently offline Click here to Send chasedown a Private Message Find more posts by chasedown Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote