KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Maleficent (2014)

Maleficent (2014)
Started by: marwash22

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ares834
Hmm, seems they are turning Maleficent into almost a misunderstood anti-hero. Not a fan of that.
Why not ? It is a clever spin. Quit begging for the same old thing.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2014 02:50 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by siriuswriter
More trailers and clips! Apparently, Maleficent once had wings -

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/w...ler-1201137867/

She reminds me a lot of the Death Angel in American Horror Story : Asylum.

Meh, get the Snow White and the Huntsman and Oz feel all mashed together, which is a shame, since the former was complete crap and the later was just okay at best. Excitement I had from the initial teaser is gone.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2014 03:01 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Robtard
Meh, get the Snow White and the Huntsman and Oz feel all mashed together, which is a shame, since the former was complete crap and the later was just okay at best. Excitement I had from the initial teaser is gone.
Rob doing his all knowing prediction this movie stinks thing.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2014 03:06 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

More proof that I say stuff and Quanchi can't handle it.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2014 03:10 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Robtard
More proof that I say stuff and Quanchi can't handle it.
You are close minded. I know it. You know it. I just feel sorry for you.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2014 04:41 AM
Tammi

Maleficent is one of those once in a life time, over the top roles that you have to put all your time into to get the character perfect. I have a feeling Angelina Jolie is going to be really good in it, in particular with the movie being named after the character. And come on you can't put a movie out without a strong performance from the title character. Yo Angelina! You rock woman!

Old Post May 6th, 2014 07:05 AM
Tammi is currently offline Click here to Send Tammi a Private Message Find more posts by Tammi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ajay83810

When will Cinema tickets be on sale?

Old Post May 6th, 2014 07:43 AM
ajay83810 is currently offline Click here to Send ajay83810 a Private Message Find more posts by ajay83810 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by ajay83810
When will Cinema tickets be on sale?
Probably are now.

Old Post May 22nd, 2014 03:06 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Unless Maleficent boinks Aurora I'm not gonna bother with this.

Lesbian Dragon Queen or GTFO.

Old Post May 29th, 2014 07:23 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by quanchi112
Why not ? It is a clever spin. Quit begging for the same old thing.

It's not a "clever spin" as it's been done many times before. Making a movie where a truly evil villain is the protagonist rather than a misunderstood anti-hero wouldn't be "the same old thing" but rather incredibly original. I mean, off the top of my head, I can't think of a single movie where that happens. Perhaps the film would be uncompelling, but I like Maleficent to be a total evil witch who traffics in demons and curses a kingdom simply because she wasn't invited to a party.

Last edited by ares834 on May 29th, 2014 at 07:50 PM

Old Post May 29th, 2014 07:41 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

The wife wants to see this tomorrow night and is taking me to the movie. smile

I look forward to our little date.

Old Post May 29th, 2014 07:42 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Have her give you a nice tug-job from me.

Old Post May 29th, 2014 07:44 PM
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

why not give it to him yourself, Rob, WHY NOT GIVE IT TO HIM YOURSELF!?!

Old Post May 29th, 2014 07:50 PM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

It's not a "clever spin" as it's been done many times before. Making a movie where a truly evil villain is the protagonist rather than a misunderstood anti-hero wouldn't be "the same old thing" but rather incredibly original. I mean, off the top of my head, I can't think of a single movie where that happens. Perhaps the film would be uncompelling, but I like Maleficent to be a total evil witch who traffics in demons and curses a kingdom simply because she wasn't invited to a party.
This is a clever spin since it is totally the opposite from what I gather than from the typical fairy tale.

I will see this tonight at 7 pm.

Old Post May 29th, 2014 07:52 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

From what I've heard the movie does try to make Maleficent too sympathetic and I agree that it would have been far better to have her as an evil b*tch who is pretty cool and entertaining.

Old Post May 29th, 2014 07:57 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Nephthys
From what I've heard the movie does try to make Maleficent too sympathetic and I agree that it would have been far better to have her as an evil b*tch who is pretty cool and entertaining.
I'll render my judgment later tonight.

Old Post May 29th, 2014 07:59 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by marwash22
why not give it to him yourself, Rob, WHY NOT GIVE IT TO HIM YOURSELF!?!

He's too far away and my hands are fairly rough sad

Old Post May 29th, 2014 08:44 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Can't think of many off the top of my head.

Richard III (1995) comes to mind. Ian plays such the prefect utterly evil bastard. Brilliant film all around.

Old Post May 29th, 2014 08:47 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Could have been so much better. Ah well. Another future Voldemort victim.

Old Post May 30th, 2014 03:14 AM
ares834

Does Maleficent at least turn into a dragon?

Old Post May 30th, 2014 03:32 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote