KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Maleficent (2014)

Maleficent (2014)
Started by: marwash22

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ares834
Does Maleficent at least turn into a dragon?
If you really want to know the answer is in there.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: No. She has the ability to turn her minion into various creatures and turns him into a dragon to aid her.

Old Post May 30th, 2014 03:35 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Thanks.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: That's a shame.

Old Post May 30th, 2014 04:28 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

This movie was pretty ****ing bad.

Really beautiful visuals, though. I liked the design of the world and everything in it, sans the fairies, whose faces were... creepy.

A lot of people are giving Angelina Jolie props for her acting in this film, but I wasn't impressed. I felt, especially during scenes where her emotions were supposed to flaring ([SPOILER - highlight to read]: such as when she wakes up and realizes her wings are missing), that Jolie's acting ability pretty much wasn't up to chops.

Overall though the acting in this film was sub-par on almost every level, with poor, wooden performs all around.

That the writing of the plot and characters was also ass is icing on the shit-cake.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post May 31st, 2014 06:47 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WhiteWitchKing

Originally posted by Tzeentch

Really beautiful visuals, though. I liked the design of the world and everything in it, sans the fairies, whose faces were... creepy.

A lot of people are giving Angelina Jolie props for her acting in this film, but I wasn't impressed. I felt, especially during scenes where her emotions were supposed to flaring ([SPOILER - highlight to read]: such as when she wakes up and realizes her wings are missing), that Jolie's acting ability pretty much wasn't up to chops.

Overall though the acting in this film was sub-par on almost every level, with poor, wooden performs all around.

That the writing of the plot and characters was also ass is icing on the shit-cake.

lol, this movie sounds like Snow White and The Huntsman. They only good thing about that movie was Hemsworth. Charles Theoron overacted in the shit and under performed for her role.

Old Post May 31st, 2014 05:13 PM
WhiteWitchKing is currently offline Click here to Send WhiteWitchKing a Private Message Find more posts by WhiteWitchKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

This ended up being far superior to Snow White and the Huntsman, which was a turd.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on May 31st, 2014 at 06:33 PM

Old Post May 31st, 2014 06:28 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zeel

Saw the movie tonight and I loved it, was different, had heart and wasn't completely dependent on CGI and special effects.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2014 05:58 AM
zeel is currently offline Click here to Send zeel a Private Message Find more posts by zeel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dynamix

saw this tonight with the lady. i thought it was pretty ill. I dug the spin on the old tale. The only complaints i had were some of the painfully one dimensional character like Aurora and the pixies ha. Angelina Jolie was certainly the standout in the film. a solid 6/10 from me.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2014 11:12 AM
dynamix is currently offline Click here to Send dynamix a Private Message Find more posts by dynamix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Robtard
This ended up being far superior to Snow White and the Huntsman, which was a turd.
What does this have to do with Snow White and the Huntsman ?

Old Post Jun 1st, 2014 03:17 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by quanchi112
What does this have to do with Snow White and the Huntsman ?

Following a conversation is difficult for you it seems.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jun 1st, 2014 10:22 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by ares834
I mean, off the top of my head, I can't think of a single movie where that happens.
Does it have to be a pre-existing character? Because lots of movies like that exist.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2014 10:37 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

In 2000, Raz created this: KMC. His most accomplished forum.

I think Movie Trivia is his undisputed masterpiece, a sub-forum with such compelling thread topics that most people probably don't read the discussions. But they should, because it's not just about the quirkiness of celebreality, and the importance of cinema, the threads are also a personal statement about the forum itself.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Last edited by Tzeentch on Jun 1st, 2014 at 10:48 PM

Old Post Jun 1st, 2014 10:39 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Oi. I happened to like it. It's a lot better than some of the other movies I've seen come out lately that's for sure.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2014 10:52 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

This is a pretty good summary of my thoughts, as well.

I laughed out loud at the wing part. Holy balls.

Movie was pretty dang lame.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2014 02:56 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Robtard
Following a conversation is difficult for you it seems.
Quit bashing another film. Its bad enough you just bash the film centered around the thread so just stop it.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2014 11:07 AM
Kotor3

I like the movie it is a good family movie. Not sure what people were expecting. It is definitely not Snow White and Huntsman which was not a good movie.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2014 12:51 PM
Kotor3 is currently offline Click here to Send Kotor3 a Private Message Find more posts by Kotor3 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Kotor3
I like the movie it is a good family movie. Not sure what people were expecting. It is definitely not Snow White and Huntsman which was not a good movie.
Both weren't good movies.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2014 03:39 PM
Kotor3

I disagree.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2014 04:27 PM
Kotor3 is currently offline Click here to Send Kotor3 a Private Message Find more posts by Kotor3 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

This.

thumb up

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2014 05:34 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Kotor3
I disagree.
You can disagree all you want. Arguing subjectivity is the likes of Darth power not myself.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2014 05:43 PM
Kotor3

You can disagree all you want. Arguing subjectivity is the likes of Darth power not myself.

Who said I was arguing? You responded to my post.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2014 06:02 PM