KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Thor 3

Thor 3
Started by: roughrider

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
roughrider
Thunderer

Possible Thor vs. Thanos fight coming in Thor: Ragnarok?

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Thor...arok-71853.html

If Odin is alive, I'd like to see him versus the big purple guy.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jun 5th, 2015 04:20 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ Oh Yeah... That's more like it! Bring it on

Would love it if Thor took on Thanos (is obviously losing the fight, but will show all his abilities and why he's still the most powerful of the Avengers), but then have Odin come back to put Thanos in his place, and prove he's actually the most powerful being in the Galaxy.

I also like the sounds of it completely changing the setting of the MCU. That's what Captain America TWS did.

Last edited by Darth Thor on Jun 5th, 2015 at 07:52 AM

Old Post Jun 5th, 2015 07:47 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

I hope Thor 3 ends up being amazing so each of the big 3 can get atleast one amazing film. Well lets be honest, Cap is likely to get 2 amazing films.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2015 03:39 PM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ Yeah but to be fair Cap3 will be more like Avengers 2.5.

But I'll be happy with the Thor series of Thor 3 kicks ass. After all Thor1 was pretty damn good, and really helped build up the Mcu in Phase 1.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2015 10:59 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thor 2 was really fun. I loved it tbh.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2015 11:01 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

hmmmm having thor and thanos fight would be good because then for Infinity War Thor wil have knowledge of how to hopefully defeat thanos

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jun 6th, 2015 03:43 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thor should look like a powerful badass when fighting Thanos and he should get squashed and stomped on.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2015 02:45 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

And then Odin should show up putting Thanos in his place.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2015 06:22 PM
ares834

God no. The last thing I want to see them do is have their big bad bested by a side character.

Hopefully, Thanos doesn't even have a big role in this film. It should be Surtur instead.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2015 06:33 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Firefly218
Thor should look like a powerful badass when fighting Thanos and he should get squashed and stomped on.

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
And then Odin should show up putting Thanos in his place.

but it wouldn't make sense then for Thanos to kick everybodies ass in Infiinity War, pt. 1...

If indeed Thanos is in Thor: Ragnarok then he has to be the badassery character he is in the comics

Originally posted by ares834

Hopefully, Thanos doesn't even have a big role in this film. It should be Surtur instead.

I would love to see Surtur in this.. Balder the Brave too, maybe even Beta Ray Bill..

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jun 6th, 2015 07:03 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

God no. The last thing I want to see them do is have their big bad bested by a side character.

But it's Odin erm

And they've not done nearly enough yet to show how powerful Odin is/should be in the MCU.

Besides having the 2 most Powerful beings go up against each other is kind of a must at some point Imo.

I'd be fine even with a stalemate tbh. Although Odin should be seen as the slight better Imho.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2015 08:39 PM
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

But it's Odin erm

And they've not done nearly enough yet to show how powerful Odin is/should be in the MCU.

Besides having the 2 most Powerful beings go up against each other is kind of a must at some point Imo.

I'd be fine even with a stalemate tbh. Although Odin should be seen as the slight better Imho.
what would be cool is if Odin came back to rescue Thor from getting his ass kicked by Thanos. In this face off Odin would barely defeat Thanos. Then when Odin lets his guard down a little, he gets tricked and killed by Thanos. This establishes Odin's power and gives him a proper send off, and establishes Thanos's power and evilness.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2015 11:16 PM
Darth Thor

^ Yeah I'd be down with something like that. Because it'd also eliminate the issue of "Why doesn't Thor just get Odin to deal with the new Invincible foe" for future films

Old Post Jun 6th, 2015 11:57 PM
ares834

But it's Odin erm

I don't care if "it's Odin". In the films, Odin is a side character. Having him defeat Thanos in a fight ruins some of his credibility as a villain.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2015 12:10 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

Odin should definitely get a massive show of power though. I bet the general audience just thinks he's some old dude and don't even know the absurd power he has.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2015 05:44 AM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

I don't care if "it's Odin". In the films, Odin is a side character. Having him defeat Thanos in a fight ruins some of his credibility as a villain.

Not really. He would stomp any villain they've taken on so far. Even those in the Thor films.

And like I said I'd be happy with a stalemate (one in which Odin looks a bit superior).

JayDaDon's right. Movie Odin needs an epic display of power. If he dies after such a display I'd be down with that. But it's silly that someone whose clearly more Powerful than the Avengers, whose charged with ruling protected all the realms , just keeps sitting on his throne on the sidelines like he's kind of useless.

Last edited by Darth Thor on Jun 7th, 2015 at 08:53 AM

Old Post Jun 7th, 2015 08:51 AM
KCJ506

I hope this one will have Amora and Skurge. I've wanted them for these films ever since before the first movie came out. I'll be very disappointed if they get left out a third time.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2015 07:23 PM
KCJ506 is currently offline Click here to Send KCJ506 a Private Message Find more posts by KCJ506 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

Why should movie Odin beat movie Thanos! They dont have to base their power lvl on comic.

If Thanos does show in Thor 3, it makes sense for him to seem unstoppable , which in turn makes the heroes plight more hopeless for infinity war 1/2. It will make the heroes eventual victory more epic.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2015 10:42 PM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Insane Titan
Why should movie Odin beat movie Thanos! They dont have to base their power lvl on comic.

If Thanos does show in Thor 3, it makes sense for him to seem unstoppable , which in turn makes the heroes plight more hopeless for infinity war 1/2. It will make the heroes eventual victory more epic.

It will be the same if Odin looks slightly superior to Thanos, but then somehow gets killed by him. In fact that would add a lot more to their final confrontation.

Like I said, Odin would stomp any other villain seen in the MCU so far. But he just sits on the sidelines and doesn't take them on.

With someone as big a threat as Thanos, Odin needs to get off his royal butt that's for sure. And even giving Odin hell in a fight, but being his slight inferior, would take nothing away from Thanos at all. In fact it would just reinforce the idea that this guy is way above and beyond the Avengers. Because Odin is.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2015 09:08 AM
roughrider
Thunderer

I agree that Odin should be shown to be superior to Thanos without the IG, but wouldn't have a problem with him getting a heroic death in the closing act. I want Thanos to be intelligent about the Asgardians, knowing he shouldn't invade there unless the scales can be tipped in his favour \(which is how Surtur gets involved.) The by Infinity War I, Thor is the one who must protect his people without Odin and finally embraces the mantle of King.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jun 14th, 2015 05:02 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote