KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Thor 3

Thor 3
Started by: roughrider

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by roughrider
I agree that Odin should be shown to be superior to Thanos without the IG, but wouldn't have a problem with him getting a heroic death in the closing act. I want Thanos to be intelligent about the Asgardians, knowing he shouldn't invade there unless the scales can be tipped in his favour \(which is how Surtur gets involved.) The by Infinity War I, Thor is the one who must protect his people without Odin and finally embraces the mantle of King.

thumb up

That's perfect

Old Post Jun 14th, 2015 06:14 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

I agree that Odin should be shown to be superior to Thanos without the IG, but wouldn't have a problem with him getting a heroic death in the closing act. I want Thanos to be intelligent about the Asgardians, knowing he shouldn't invade there unless the scales can be tipped in his favour \(which is how Surtur gets involved.) The by Infinity War I, Thor is the one who must protect his people without Odin and finally embraces the mantle of King.

^Yeah something like that would be great. And makes sense. If Thanos could take Odin without Infinity Stones, then he would have invaded Asgard long ago.

thumb up

Old Post Jun 14th, 2015 11:13 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't know about Anthony Hopkins coming back though. I really hope he does, but it's looking unlikely. Marvel could technically force him back, but that's not the best way to elicit a good performance.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2015 05:11 AM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Firefly218
I don't know about Anthony Hopkins coming back though. I really hope he does, but it's looking unlikely. Marvel could technically force him back, but that's not the best way to elicit a good performance.

Why? Has he said something negative?

Old Post Jun 15th, 2015 08:30 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KCJ506

Awhile back Hopkins stated this in regards to Thor 3

quote:
I've done two. That's enough.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2015 11:57 AM
KCJ506 is currently offline Click here to Send KCJ506 a Private Message Find more posts by KCJ506 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ Well that's disappointing.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2015 10:56 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Rumor: Marvel may want Kenneth Branagh to direct Thor: Ragnarok

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/rum...or-ragnarok-283

Old Post Jun 20th, 2015 03:10 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Kazenji
Rumor: Marvel may want Kenneth Branagh to direct Thor: Ragnarok

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/rum...or-ragnarok-283

He's already slated to direct the Orient Express remake, which should effectively disqualify him from directing Thor 3.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2015 04:29 AM
roughrider
Thunderer

Branagh has just been given at offer to direct Murder On The Orient Express for Fox; he hasn't accepted yet. He could be in the running.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Appa...-Out-72133.html

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jun 20th, 2015 11:57 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

I hope he comes back. Thor1 is still one of Marvel's best movies Imo.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2015 04:55 PM
roughrider
Thunderer

I thought Branagh not returning to the second film was part of his desire not to be part of a franchise, that he likes to do something new and move on. But Marvel Studios has shown to be a bit controlling as things go on, which isn't really auteur friendly, so the truth is complicated. I enjoyed the subtle extra touches to the look of Asgard in The Dark World - Alan Taylor deserves some credit - but it wasn't quite up to the calibre of the first film.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2015 10:57 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

But Marvel Studios has shown to be a bit controlling as things go on, which isn't really auteur friendly, so the truth is complicated.

That would explain why with the exception of TWS all the Marvel sequels have been a step down from the Originals.

TWS however was a massive step up. And I also have a feeling GOTG 2 will Rock as much as the first.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2015 11:28 PM
roughrider
Thunderer

It didn't look good when Edgar Wright quit Ant-Man last year, right on the verge of principal photography, after so may years of work. A disconnect happened, where his desire to make the film he wanted wasn't lining up with the established MCU and the overall narrative the films are dedicated to. But GOTG and Daredevil on Netflix has shown how auteur friendly and boundary pushing Marvel Studios can be.

I'm not that impatient on the naming of a director for Thor: Ragnarok, as they are over a year away from shooting. But if Branagh is back in the fold, I would be anxious to have that settled.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2015 01:46 AM
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

I never fell in love with the first Thor film, I thought it was pretty good. Nonetheless, Branagh is uber talented

Old Post Jun 21st, 2015 03:04 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Alan Taylor Recalls "Wrenching" Experience Marking THOR: THE DARK WORLD For Marvel

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansi.../news/?a=122276

Old Post Jul 1st, 2015 08:14 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

^Considering the terrible reviews for Terminator: Genisys, Taylor shouldn't throw stones. It would seem his collaborators at Marvel know better than he does. And he's now getting to direct more features instead of TV, thanks to them.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2015 01:16 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I don't really give a shit about the reviews for Terminator: Genisys, Still gonna check it out and form my own opinion of it

as for Alan Taylor discussing his Experience on Thor 2 doesn't surprise me with Marvel stepping in making their own changes, Its happen with other movies in their MCU.

Last edited by Kazenji on Jul 1st, 2015 at 01:48 PM

Old Post Jul 1st, 2015 01:42 PM
Darth Thor

Whether T5 is good or not, Thor TDW was a big step down from the first one which was Epic IMO. So when Kenneth Branagh had no issue dealing with Marvel I don't know why Alan Taylor had issues.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2015 04:13 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

If you read in that link he mentions in post production it turned into a different movie

Marvel needs to stop interfering in post and leave the movies as it is.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2015 03:31 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Whether T5 is good or not, Thor TDW was a big step down from the first one which was Epic IMO. So when Kenneth Branagh had no issue dealing with Marvel I don't know why Alan Taylor had issues.
laughing out loud

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2015 03:35 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote