KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » The Flash

The Flash
Started by: juggernaut74

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (109): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by 0mega Spawn
I don't see it lasting....what kind of trouble would a guy who moves so fast run into? Gonna be hard to come up with ideas
Smallville lasted 10 seasons and Clark is more powerful than Flash.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2014 12:59 AM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by juggernaut74
Smallville lasted 10 seasons and Clark is more powerful than Flash.
The Flash, if he gets as ridiculous as he is in the comics, would trash Clark in a fight.

PWNT

Old Post Jun 24th, 2014 01:31 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackZero30x
Jack

Originally posted by Arachnid1
The Flash, if he gets as ridiculous as he is in the comics, would trash Clark in a fight.

From the trailer with the reverse Flash we know that someday this version of the Flash will be able to run through time. Unless the Reverse Flash is obscenely faster/more powerful then The Flash.

EDIT: I do get the feeling(maybe its also part of me hoping) that The Flash is going to be really powerful.

BlackZero30X:The Signatures XBL Gamertag

Last edited by BlackZero30x on Jun 24th, 2014 at 02:35 AM

Old Post Jun 24th, 2014 02:33 AM
BlackZero30x is currently offline Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Again, not seeing any problems here.
Why does the character becomes less viable/entertaining in live action?
The reverse (no pun intended) is actually more likely, as the medium wont allow for the FX that can easily be brought to the printed page. His powers will be more grounded, less out of this world.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2014 11:32 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackZero30x
Jack

I don't know about that. again going off of the trailer....there is

Faster then sight movement

fast healing - a radial fracture can take 6-8 weeks to heal and even as long as 3 months to get your arm back to proper working order. He was completely healed in hours.

Time Travel - as I mentioned before unless zoom is that much faster then the flash.

and

when catching that bicyclist everything is completely frozen in place.

and that would all be shown in season 1 while hes getting the hang of his powers. I think he will be massively powerful. maybe not comic counter part powerful but still powerful enough im sure there will be times when people question how could anyone beat him.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2014 04:23 PM
BlackZero30x is currently offline Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackZero30x
Jack

Old Post Jun 26th, 2014 07:32 PM
Mindset

Originally posted by BlackZero30x
I don't know about that. again going off of the trailer....there is

Faster then sight movement

fast healing - a radial fracture can take 6-8 weeks to heal and even as long as 3 months to get your arm back to proper working order. He was completely healed in hours.

Time Travel - as I mentioned before unless zoom is that much faster then the flash.

and

when catching that bicyclist everything is completely frozen in place.

and that would all be shown in season 1 while hes getting the hang of his powers. I think he will be massively powerful. maybe not comic counter part powerful but still powerful enough im sure there will be times when people question how could anyone beat him.
To add to that, Smallville had Clark ftl (among a bunch of other powers), so I don't see why Flash would need to be nerfed drastically from his comic counterpart.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Jun 26th, 2014 09:24 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by BlackZero30x
From the trailer with the reverse Flash we know that someday this version of the Flash will be able to run through time. Unless the Reverse Flash is obscenely faster/more powerful then The Flash.
just before she was killed, kid-barry saw yellow AND red 'bolts' colliding around his mother. obviously the yellow bolts were zoom, which means the red bolts were himself/flash. so yeah, i think it's obvious that zoom travels back in time to try and kill barry when he was still a child so flash never existed, but barry also figures out how to time travel(introduction of the cosmic treadmill, perhaps..?), and is able to battle zoom long enough to save his younger self...but at the cost of his mother's life(he can't save them both.)

pilot was outstanding, btw. thumb up

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Jun 26th, 2014 at 09:47 PM

Old Post Jun 26th, 2014 09:37 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Is that a spoiler?

Didn't read.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2014 09:50 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

not really. just me speculating on what's to come based on a scene from the pilot.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2014 09:59 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackZero30x
Jack

Originally posted by Galan007
just before she was killed, kid-barry saw yellow AND red 'bolts' colliding around his mother. obviously the yellow bolts were zoom, which means the red bolts were himself/flash. so yeah, i think it's obvious that zoom travels back in time to try and kill barry when he was still a child so flash never existed, but barry also figures out how to time travel(introduction of the cosmic treadmill, perhaps..?), and is able to battle zoom long enough to save his younger self...but at the cost of his mother's life(he can't save them both.)

pilot was outstanding, btw. thumb up

Thats a pretty good speculation. Ive been reading that some people think that a particular person is actually Barry from the future. Idk if it will be Barry himself but it is someone from the future that much is clear. Also I wonder if Mark Mardon will be in the show at a later date...seems like a possible set up and the scene with the cage after Barry wakes up....I squealed a little lol

Old Post Jun 26th, 2014 10:46 PM
Arachnid1

That was awesome. In one episode we meet Reverse-Flash, Killer Frost, and Weather Wizard (well, his brother), set up for Gorilla Grodd, got to see Green Arrow, got the Flash's origin out of the way, and have him in his suit. The little Wayne Enterprises nod was awesome too, so we know for sure Batman exists somewhere. Ferris Airways was also a nod to Carol Ferris (Star Sapphire, Green Lanterns love interest, and super villain). I cant wait until they start to introduce other heroes like Superman, Martian Manhunter, Green Lantern or Wonder Woman. Great pilot!

I'm calling it now. A few seasons from now, Barry is gonna die and Wally will take up the mantle as the main character.

PWNT

Old Post Jun 27th, 2014 01:32 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Spoiler tag you're post.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2014 03:06 AM
Darth Thor

Damn it! Shall I pirate this pilot or wait a few months?!

Old Post Jun 27th, 2014 09:35 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackZero30x
Jack

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Damn it! Shall I pirate this pilot or wait a few months?!

Well whatever you decide its worth it. It is a good start. Im probably gonna watch it a bunch more lol Still plan on watching it when it airs on October 7th....actually I will have to wait for hulu since I don't get that channel where I live lol

Old Post Jun 27th, 2014 02:14 PM
-K-M-

Saw the pilot and really liked it. Again cw has the worst secondary characters, they are so annoying.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: grodd, zoom as the detective, time travel, etc all in the first episode? Not to shabby. Not sure who the scientist from star labs is actually supposed to be

Last edited by -K-M- on Jun 29th, 2014 at 02:04 AM

Old Post Jun 29th, 2014 02:00 AM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

How did you see the pilot

Old Post Jun 29th, 2014 02:07 AM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Download it. I use a torrent program

Old Post Jun 29th, 2014 03:06 AM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Arachnid1
I'm calling it now. A few seasons from now, Barry is gonna die and Wally will take up the mantle as the main character.
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: the future headline shown at the end of the pilot is already setting the stage for flash to die in a COIE-type event: "FLASH MISSING, VANISHES IN CRISIS", and just below that article is another headline which reads: "RED SKIES VANISH". during COIE, the sky turning red is what heralded the destruction of the multiverse. COIE is also the event in which barry allen originally gave his own life to save the last remaining universes.

so yeah, i have no doubt that barry will die at some point, and the flash mantle will be passed to someone else. my only real question is when the show's producers plan on doing this..? i suppose it really all depends on how well the show does. /shrug

Last edited by Galan007 on Jun 29th, 2014 at 09:05 PM

Old Post Jun 29th, 2014 08:57 PM
BlackZero30x
Jack

Originally posted by Firefly218
How did you see the pilot
I posted a link to a site you can stream it from above....unless it was removed it should still work.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2014 11:33 PM