KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Batman: Arkham Knight

Batman: Arkham Knight
Started by: steverules_2

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (35): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nemesis X
(please log in to view the image)

First Amy Hennig leaves Uncharted, now this?

I'm glad she left, tbh. She did some good work, but I didn't really agree with a lot of her decisions in the third game.

Originally posted by Utrigita
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featu...t3u6cM.facebook

So Paul Dini is sitting this one out, not sure I like that ... at all.

it's a worry, but I hope they'll get someone decent.

The people that worked on Origins, for example, were a lot better than I'd expected. Though I would prefer to have an actual Batman writer on-board, personally.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Mar 7th, 2014 02:09 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Utrigita

Originally posted by Kazenji
There are plenty of other Batman writers out there.

Yeah I know, I just really like the way Paul writes.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2014 02:32 AM
Utrigita is currently offline Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Arkham Asylum and Arkhum City were great games with great stories, I could play them multiple times and never get bored

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Mar 8th, 2014 09:47 AM
steverules_2 is online now! Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I thought Origins had a pretty good story too, personally. The places where that game fell short were in mechanics and bugs, imo, not in the story itself.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Mar 8th, 2014 01:39 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Origins brought nothing new to the table, game play wise, but I agree that the story was well done.

The crime scene detective game rewind play was kinda fun and new, but it wasn't anything ground breaking.

The highlight of Origins, to me, was Joker and his scenes, especially when talking to Harley at the asylum.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Mar 8th, 2014 03:34 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

^
Bane>>>Joker.

Bankai.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2014 03:52 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yeah, the story was well done.

As for the detective, it was nifty to see but there wasn't any interaction. I want a true detective mode where you have to figure out yourself. Condemned 2: Bloodshot had a detective mode that was kind of nifty. You have to survey the scene and answer questions. For example, the person you were talking to would ask "who is it", and then you had to look to find identification. It was cool. I want something like that.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2014 03:53 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by Estacado
^
Bane>>>Joker.

This.

Too bad the one in Origins is the closest we'll ever get to the real Bane in the Arkham games though, as I'm sure we'll see retard Bane again in Arkham Knight.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2014 09:24 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

thumb up
Joker didnt do crap in Origins besides getting beaten to a pulp....Bane was the one who whooped Bruce's ass on the roof then he lured him into his base just to let Bruce know he found out who he really is.Then he goes to his home phucks up the batcave kills Alfred and breaks Batman's spirit.Bane is the best Bat villain ever.

I wonder who will be the main villain now since Joker is dead and Bane is a retard.....

Bankai.

Last edited by Estacado on Mar 8th, 2014 at 11:47 PM

Old Post Mar 8th, 2014 11:44 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
This.

Too bad the one in Origins is the closest we'll ever get to the real Bane in the Arkham games though, as I'm sure we'll see retard Bane again in Arkham Knight.

erm.....

Only reason he was "retard" Bane is because of them experimenting on him to create the Titan formula.

Last edited by Kazenji on Mar 9th, 2014 at 12:30 AM

Old Post Mar 9th, 2014 12:28 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

Bane was cool but the backstory they did with Joker involving the "Red Hood" storyline and Harley Quinn easily was more impressive than anything Bane did in the game.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2014 12:30 AM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Eh, Bane was all right, but I honestly feel like Joker was the main "star villain" of the series so far.

With Hammill not returning though, it's going to be interesting to see who we get instead.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Mar 9th, 2014 02:04 AM
steverules_2

I heard scarecrow will be the main villain for this storyline...but then Black mask was the main villain for AO and look what happened there

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Mar 9th, 2014 02:45 AM
steverules_2 is online now! Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackZero30x
Jack

Originally posted by Smasandian
Yeah, the story was well done.

As for the detective, it was nifty to see but there wasn't any interaction. I want a true detective mode where you have to figure out yourself. Condemned 2: Bloodshot had a detective mode that was kind of nifty. You have to survey the scene and answer questions. For example, the person you were talking to would ask "who is it", and then you had to look to find identification. It was cool. I want something like that.

I think instead of finding an I.D. It would be cool to have to find finger prints then maybe play some kind of mini game to identify who they belong to.

BlackZero30X:The Signatures XBL Gamertag

Old Post Mar 9th, 2014 05:12 PM
BlackZero30x is currently offline Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by -Pr-
Eh, Bane was all right, but I honestly feel like Joker was the main "star villain" of the series so far.

With Hammill not returning though, it's going to be interesting to see who we get instead.
Ya, joker was definitely the main villain. Bane was cool in origins though. That was a great take on the character.

PWNT

Old Post Mar 9th, 2014 05:33 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

If Joker in Arkham Knight then Troy Baker would return I reckon, his Joker voice was spot on similar to Mark Hammills Joker voice

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Mar 10th, 2014 12:00 PM
Arachnid1

Originally posted by steverules_2
If Joker in Arkham Knight then Troy Baker would return I reckon, his Joker voice was spot on similar to Mark Hammills Joker voice
I personally hope he's not, as much as I loved him in previous games. Give this to a different villain. Joker staying dead will make it feel like anything could happen. I actually have a theory that the game will end with Bats getting killed.

Then again, it is an open world game, which means there will be a lot of objectives to complete after the game is over. Maybe he'll survive.

PWNT

Old Post Mar 10th, 2014 04:57 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Two words concerning the Joker: Lazarus Pits.

I'm feeling pretty excited about Scarecrow as the main villain. The fear "levels" in Asylum were so cool and fun to play.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Mar 10th, 2014 05:45 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KCJ506

Originally posted by Arachnid1
I personally hope he's not, as much as I loved him in previous games. Give this to a different villain. Joker staying dead will make it feel like anything could happen. I actually have a theory that the game will end with Bats getting killed.

I agree. Though I wouldn't mind seeing Joker as a flashback or hallucination, but I really hope he doesn't actually return.(at least for now) He's become quite overused and it's leading people to believe that no one else can fittingly serve as the main antagonist. There are extremely capable villains in the Batman universe besides Joker. They are simply not given the spotlight and thus aren't being utilized to their full potential.

I'm still a bit annoyed that Origins advertised Black Mask as the main antagonist, but then Joker took over and after that, Black Mask was put aside, and became part of side-quest, rather than a main quest. The game even originally made it seem Deathstroke would have had a big role.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2014 01:22 AM
KCJ506 is currently offline Click here to Send KCJ506 a Private Message Find more posts by KCJ506 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Originally posted by Arachnid1

Then again, it is an open world game, which means there will be a lot of objectives to complete after the game is over. Maybe he'll survive.

I hope they don't kill batman, it would serve no purpose to the story and I hate to play a game, complete all the stuff I have to complete just to get to an ending where the person I've been playing as dies

I'm Bada's pimp

Last edited by steverules_2 on Mar 12th, 2014 at 11:09 AM

Old Post Mar 12th, 2014 11:05 AM