KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Nice. I got this for PS4. Download half way finished

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Oct 31st, 2014 06:02 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Oh cop out. After some research, I've found that its a extra wave in exo survival mode.

Its not the actual zombies mode. Hype instantly gone.

Thank god. Now I can use that money for the Master Chief collection

PWNT

Old Post Nov 1st, 2014 06:16 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

How is this game, Zack?

I thoroughly enjoyed Black Ops 2. I don't care about single player. big grin

Old Post Nov 1st, 2014 09:24 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dadudemon
How is this game, Zack?

I thoroughly enjoyed Black Ops 2. I don't care about single player. big grin
Haven't played it yet. Gotta wait until tuesday 12 am. I haven't seen much. To be honest I don't care much about CoD campaigns after Modern Warfare/2/BLOPs1 I saw some campaign footage and it looked visually stunning. Not sure how the MP will look. There have been some additions to the meta game that will change the way we play the game. Such as added verticality. THis can be either really good because it will add a much needed breath of fresh air, or it will split the fanbase and piss off a lot of old school fanboys like Reach did with Halo.

Either way I don't care.
Originally posted by Arachnid1
Oh cop out. After some research, I've found that its a extra wave in exo survival mode.

Its not the actual zombies mode. Hype instantly gone.

Thank god. Now I can use that money for the Master Chief collection
Give me your GT now.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2014 10:55 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Turns out they are adding zombies mode.

As paid DLC. :/

For years, its been included in vanilla. Now they're using it as a bargaining chip to force their customers into buying their sh*tty DLC. F*cking stupid.

I miss Treyarch.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/11...ms-zombies-mode

And I just sent you my gamertag Zack!

PWNT

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2014 04:12 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

As they aren't Treyarch, and this game isn't Black Ops, them making Zombies a free part of the game would have been nice, but not necessary on their end as they aren't Treyarch and this isn't Black Ops 3.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2014 04:53 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

thumb up

Good Arachnid.

I was wrong. I can play this today. Will be doing the campaign. Will probably beat it in 5 hours. Will give input later.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2014 04:53 PM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

I'm liking the campaign thus far. Not sure if it is because it has been a while since I last played a heavily scripted campaign like CoD or if I'm just having too much fun with the way the exo suit makes scripted events much cooler.

Looks good too. Not BF4esque good, but the 60 FPS make up for it.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2014 09:25 PM
Impediment
Endless

My wife is going to pick this up for me today while I'm at work.

More than likely, my job on the oil field will rain out today or tomorrow due to Hurricane Vance creeping up from the Pacific towards Texas. I'll have plenty of time to play the campaign first and then multi. I'm actually pretty excited for this game, and all of my friends have been raving about it.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Nov 4th, 2014 11:17 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by KingD19
As they aren't Treyarch, and this game isn't Black Ops, them making Zombies a free part of the game would have been nice, but not necessary on their end as they aren't Treyarch and this isn't Black Ops 3.
I'm not following this line of reasoning.

Yes, its not Treyarch, but it is the same exact same franchise. This franchise has always included zombies in the vanilla game, and sold more maps for it as paid DLC. It was a tried and true formula. The new company coming in, removing it, and selling it as paid DLC is plain bullshit, and a slap to everyone who's been playing zombies for years.

PWNT

Old Post Nov 4th, 2014 04:14 PM
KingD19

Originally posted by Arachnid1
I'm not following this line of reasoning.

Yes, its not Treyarch, but it is the same exact same franchise. This franchise has always included zombies in the vanilla game, and sold more maps for it as paid DLC. It was a tried and true formula. The new company coming in, removing it, and selling it as paid DLC is plain bullshit, and a slap to everyone who's been playing zombies for years.

It's still Call of Duty. But it's not Call of Duty: World at War/Black Ops. And the company is not Treyarch.

If Treyarch had made this game and put zombies as paid DLC I'd be really upset as they've made it included for 3 titles over the span of 4 years. So at this point people rightfully expect zombies to be in the game and for free, but from Treyarch.

But this is Sledgehammer, not Treyarch. They aren't even obligated to put Zombies in the game as Zombies is a Treyarch thing. But since they did put it in, they also aren't obligated to make it part of the game purchase.

Is it a dick move to bring back a much loved mode that Treyarch perfected, then make bonus cash by making it paid DLC? Absolutely. But this isn't Treyarch, and it's not Infnity Ward(Ghosts) with the zombie-esque Extinction mode.

The point is, you can't expect one company to follow the model of another to the letter just because they had a working formula. They saw an opportunity to make more money and they took it.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2014 04:30 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Doesn't matter who developed it because Activision makes the decisions on what to include in every Call of Duty game.

For instance, I have no problem if they don't release a zombies mode (never really got into it) but if they do as paid DLC then it's bullshit.

Usually, Treyarch games included Zombies while IW games included Spec Op's missions.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2014 04:51 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Picked up my copy for PS4 last night and played for about 90 minutes on both campaign and multiplayer.

Some people on MP are already prestiged. I don't know if that's sad or skill or both.

Anyway, the game is solid. I plan to absorb myself in this game this weekend.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2014 10:29 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Campaign was solid, although it doesn't ever stray away from the formula. Having said that Kevin Spicey was godlike in it.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2014 12:49 PM
BlackZero30x
Jack

So this guy I know wasn't home last night but his cousin was playing advanced warefare(not the digital copy) and was split screening using my friends gamertag as the second player. After he was done playing he got his disc and shut off the system. This morning my friend wakes up turns on his system and sees Advanced Warefare on a tab showing he has played it. Thinking this was weird he clicked it and it installed the digital copy for free. Lucky @$$hole lol

BlackZero30X:The Signatures XBL Gamertag

Old Post Nov 5th, 2014 05:46 PM
BlackZero30x is currently offline Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Possible exploit right there

Old Post Nov 5th, 2014 07:17 PM
Impediment
Endless

Jesus, I SUCK at this game, but it's still a lot of fun.

Some of these CoD veteran players are TOO GOOD. F*ck's sake, man, put down the controller once in a while! Ha ha.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2014 09:55 PM
NemeBro

Originally posted by Zack Fair
Campaign was solid, although it doesn't ever stray away from the formula.
So it's ass?

Old Post Nov 5th, 2014 11:13 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

Originally posted by Impediment
Jesus, I SUCK at this game, but it's still a lot of fun.

Some of these CoD veteran players are TOO GOOD. F*ck's sake, man, put down the controller once in a while! Ha ha.

Tell me you're on XB1. I'll school you son. big grin

Old Post Nov 6th, 2014 12:55 AM
Impediment
Endless

PS4.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2014 03:01 AM