KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Official SWTOR guild thread (Server: Ebon Hawk)

Official SWTOR guild thread (Server: Ebon Hawk)
Started by: The Renegade

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

ah nice. because earlier, astor sent me a message, and I was all "who are you?".

ive been working on crafting quite a bit, so i'll probably make some spare orange gear and toss it in to the bank tabs once I have access and can view said tabs lol. nothing spectacular or anything, but if someone needs say, orange bracers or something, i'd like them to have that option.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 6th, 2014 12:43 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Gravelord
Trapped within

Nice. Great guild mentality! Already willing to give. I'm glad you're on board. I've had some fairly horrendous guild members on MMORPG games in the past so I'm not used to someone joining and just being like, "Yeah, let's do this."

"Evil will hold."

Old Post May 6th, 2014 04:42 AM
The Gravelord is currently offline Click here to Send The Gravelord a Private Message Find more posts by The Gravelord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

laughing out loud

Honestly, it's no biggie. I'm going to get to 400 as soon as I can in Cybertech, Artifice, Synthweaving and Biochem, so I'm hoping I'll be able to throw in bits and pieces for people if they need them. Or if they need something in particular, I can grab the materials from the guild bank to make them for them.

For me, the big thing about being in a guild is the group stuff. Too many times I've been stuck with nobody to do a Heroic mission with, and it annoys me. I'm mostly over-levelled anyway, seeing as I do the side-quests on each planet, so it's more that I really want the loot from a Heroic 2 or 4 rather than xp.

Ideally, I'd enjoy levelling with people, but it's a question of how often I can be on and for how long at a time.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post May 6th, 2014 02:21 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Do any of you guys craft the level 50 crystals?

I'm looking for one of these:

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/gear/46...uctible-crystal

I'll provide the mats, and/or if you want something else, we can work out a trade of sorts.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post May 7th, 2014 01:42 PM
The Gravelord
Trapped within

I just want a purple blade. It costs like 50k. I've gotta play more.

"Evil will hold."

Old Post May 8th, 2014 07:56 AM
The Gravelord is currently offline Click here to Send The Gravelord a Private Message Find more posts by The Gravelord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -Pr-
laughing out loud

Honestly, it's no biggie. I'm going to get to 400 as soon as I can in Cybertech, Artifice, Synthweaving and Biochem, so I'm hoping I'll be able to throw in bits and pieces for people if they need them. Or if they need something in particular, I can grab the materials from the guild bank to make them for them.

For me, the big thing about being in a guild is the group stuff. Too many times I've been stuck with nobody to do a Heroic mission with, and it annoys me. I'm mostly over-levelled anyway, seeing as I do the side-quests on each planet, so it's more that I really want the loot from a Heroic 2 or 4 rather than xp.

Ideally, I'd enjoy levelling with people, but it's a question of how often I can be on and for how long at a time.

Question, can you level down to play in peoples missions like in guild wars? OR does a higher level character always just steam roll everything?

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post May 8th, 2014 11:02 AM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astor Ebligis
Restricted

Account Restricted

Pretty sure you can't but I may be wrong. Only time I've come across that so far is in the Kuat Drives TFP (unlocked in group finder at level 15), but I think that might be the only time it happens.

1. quanchi112
2-9. Various posters
10. Nai

Old Post May 8th, 2014 01:57 PM
Astor Ebligis is currently offline Click here to Send Astor Ebligis a Private Message Find more posts by Astor Ebligis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lek Kuen
Question, can you level down to play in peoples missions like in guild wars? OR does a higher level character always just steam roll everything?

You can't level down, no.

With group content though, there is a higher bracket. So say, if it's a level 21 "Heroic" mission that requires 2-4 people, you could still be level 25-26 and do it, still find it challenging, and still get xp, purely because that shit is almost never solo-able.

This is where alts come in, really. This is my roster:

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

As you can see, I have characters of varying levels, and will be levelling them up depending on how I feel. So if you're say, on Nar Shaddaa, which has a level range of 20-24, and you want help, all i'd do is log out of my level 30something Jedi Shadow, and log back in as someone else that's closer to you in level. So it IS doable.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post May 8th, 2014 01:58 PM
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

Was looking at the offline members screen. Is it just 4 players in the guild?

Old Post May 9th, 2014 03:28 AM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

In the Imperial one, yes atm. We just started, so it's going to take some time to build up.

If you make a Republic character, make sure to join Astor's guild "Infinitium", which has a few more people on that side.

Once we get a guild(s) site/forum up and running, hopefully communication and interaction will be much easier.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post May 9th, 2014 03:37 AM
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

Oh yeah, forgot two guilds. Made a republic character just now. Shiyal

Old Post May 9th, 2014 04:04 AM
The Gravelord
Trapped within

Nice! Join one (or both) of our awesome guilds, homie!

"Evil will hold."

Old Post May 9th, 2014 08:58 AM
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

I'm in the Imperial guild already. Just send me an invite if you see me on Shiyal for the republic one

Old Post May 9th, 2014 10:07 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Renegade, I promoted Lek (character name Lashi) today to officer so he could invite my character for me. I hope that's all right, especially since my guy is a level 54 Sith Juggernaut with 450 Cybertech.

Yeah, I took the plunge. I consolidated all of my mats, credits and items on to three characters, and ported them over. Cost me, but it'll be worth it in the end I think.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post May 9th, 2014 07:34 PM
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

I'll be on republic character for a bit today, so if anyone can send me an invite now would be the time

Old Post May 9th, 2014 11:53 PM
Astor Ebligis
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
I'll be on republic character for a bit today, so if anyone can send me an invite now would be the time

I should be on for a bit today so if I see you I'll send out an invite. Though in case I don't catch you, I've made it so that anyone in the guild can issue out an invite, so if you type in Infinitium into the "Who" menu, it'll bring up a list of any online members, and any of them can invite you into the guild.

1. quanchi112
2-9. Various posters
10. Nai

Old Post May 10th, 2014 05:15 PM
Astor Ebligis is currently offline Click here to Send Astor Ebligis a Private Message Find more posts by Astor Ebligis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
COG Veteran
Teh GrOovY 1

I will try to hit y'all up for the guild when I get around to using my sith character. Tho I can't say when I want to divert time to him tho.

Last edited by COG Veteran on May 10th, 2014 at 06:42 PM

Old Post May 10th, 2014 06:37 PM
COG Veteran is currently offline Click here to Send COG Veteran a Private Message Find more posts by COG Veteran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

You love GSF too much stick out tongue

So I hit 55 today (yay) on my Sith Warrior, and now I'm wondering what I'm going to do with all of these comms I'm picking up. I may get the droid stuff, as I'm cybertech, but it bugs me that so much of the stuff is BOP, not bind to legacy.

Sure, I'll be chasing some of that sweet, sweet armor, but bar that...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Last edited by -Pr- on May 10th, 2014 at 08:13 PM

Old Post May 10th, 2014 08:06 PM
COG Veteran
Teh GrOovY 1

Yeah but the queue times are pissing me off. It's like 30+ minutes right now before a match pops up. I hope it livens up during the summer. Then again I play at like 9 am after I get off work so that might be a factor.

Old Post May 10th, 2014 08:44 PM
COG Veteran is currently offline Click here to Send COG Veteran a Private Message Find more posts by COG Veteran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Ouch. I had an awful time trying to find Heroics on Belsavis today. It'll probably liven up in 3-4 hours, as those seems to be the busy times.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post May 10th, 2014 08:48 PM