KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Official SWTOR guild thread (Server: Ebon Hawk)

Official SWTOR guild thread (Server: Ebon Hawk)
Started by: The Renegade

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 3 4 [5]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Astor Ebligis
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The Renegade
I may hand my position as the primary guildmaster of Antediluvian to Paul, if he's willing to take it. I won't be as active in the near future, especially due to various projects and attention to other things.

I feel like I might be in a poor position to be the leader of one of our guilds right now, honestly.

I'll still be active but not what is required of a position such as GM.

So to sum up what I was saying about the power structure, the basic idea is that each guild would have multiple leaders (my plan for Infinitium was to have a sort of council of 12 people) to share the workload. On top of that, our officers would have assigned roles that they carry out (an officer of recruitment for example, or an event coordinator). Lieutenants would form teams within the guild, where each LT ran their team like a sort of mini-guild and was responsible for its members and getting them involved with the guild. Then we would also have "jobs" for our guild members to carry out, so rather than a permanent figurehead like the officers would be with their guild roles, the guild jobs would be temporary assignments that people could pick up. A lot of the work would be done on the website as well, and we could have separate people to help run things from there.

So if things go to plan, that means that hopefully the guild will mostly run itself and our jobs as leaders will be more about making sure things run smoothly. We could also put our plans for Antediluvian on hold for a while, and just focus on Infinitium for a bit, and that way we'd have a good 6 leaders, and possibly soon 7 (the 7th might even have a few others to bring over), running the one guild, with all the other figureheads slowly being established (we already have an officer of recruitment). Anyways hopefully you'll stick around as one of the GMs as I think the guild could really grow into something great.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2014 01:03 AM
Astor Ebligis is currently offline Click here to Send Astor Ebligis a Private Message Find more posts by Astor Ebligis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PTforthewin
Restricted

Account Restricted

SWTOR sucks

"When will you fools learn, no one escapes from Commander Fox!"

Old Post Jun 4th, 2014 02:28 AM
PTforthewin is currently offline Click here to Send PTforthewin a Private Message Find more posts by PTforthewin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
COG Veteran
Teh GrOovY 1

Originally posted by PTforthewin
SWTOR sucks

You must be one of my countless, faceless, cannon-fodder, victims. Thanks for the ship requsition noob smile

Old Post Jun 4th, 2014 09:38 PM
COG Veteran is currently offline Click here to Send COG Veteran a Private Message Find more posts by COG Veteran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

For me, the main things are group content and getting the site up. That sense of inclusivity, of belonging, is going to really help people stick around even when there maybe isn't a lot going on. Anything I can do to help with the site, i'm willing.

The site can also help in setting up the "RP" aspects of the grouping like you said, as no doubt some will want to group with others for RPing.

I like the idea of guild quests, and i'd like to see datacron runs incorporated in to something like that.

Yeah though, I'm up for most of what you said Astor. I don't know if i'd be as good at recruiting as some are, but once people are in the guild, I know i'd be able to help them out in any way they need.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jun 5th, 2014 08:29 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

Oh, I didn't know this was still going to be a proper thing

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Jun 5th, 2014 10:41 PM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

As best as we can do, yes.

One day, we'll be able to do four man Oricon daily runs... One day.

Some good news though: Finally got my Jedi Shadow to Level 55. No need to play that annoying **** anymore unless there are daily grouping opportunities and/or I need something.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Last edited by -Pr- on Jun 6th, 2014 at 07:20 PM

Old Post Jun 6th, 2014 07:12 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Sorry I haven't been on lately guys, world cup is on. once it's over, ill be back on in full.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jun 17th, 2014 12:42 PM
COG Veteran
Teh GrOovY 1

I haven't been on in over a week. Homework plus an arm crippling workout with Mr. Texas 2003 puts a damper on gaming sad

Old Post Jun 18th, 2014 09:52 AM
COG Veteran is currently offline Click here to Send COG Veteran a Private Message Find more posts by COG Veteran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astor Ebligis
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah I haven't been on in ages either, should be back in a week or so though. We'll put a hold on the Imp guild for the time being, get the website up and running and take things from there, one step at a time.

Did everyone manage to get an invite into the guilds?

1. quanchi112
2-9. Various posters
10. Nai

Old Post Jun 18th, 2014 12:14 PM
Astor Ebligis is currently offline Click here to Send Astor Ebligis a Private Message Find more posts by Astor Ebligis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gaaben

And here I figured everyone realized it was summer and bailed on the game entirely - then I find this message in my mailbox from a month ago pointing to this (I thought it was from an npc, so never read it).

Let me know when(if) you guys are back in the game - I've got Gaaben in a different guild atm, but my other 8 are still in infinitium. Also, I'm going to need invites for my imps if you're going to be running there.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2014 01:21 PM
Gaaben is currently offline Click here to Send Gaaben a Private Message Find more posts by Gaaben Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

That was me that sent you the mail (my character is M-Rann). If you want invites to the Sith guild, if you want you can let me know their names and I can invite you.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jun 20th, 2014 01:34 PM
Gaaben

I'm about to log for the day. Let me know in game when you're on - I've been switching between gaaben, trigese and abalasy lately (trying to get trigese to lvl 40 for the class buff). If I'm on any toon besides gaaben, it says in the member notes "gaaben's alt".

Old Post Jun 20th, 2014 01:51 PM
Gaaben is currently offline Click here to Send Gaaben a Private Message Find more posts by Gaaben Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

Originally posted by -Pr-
Sorry I haven't been on lately guys, world cup is on. once it's over, ill be back on in full.

Sorry I haven't been on at all. It's not lack of interest; I just had RL drama going on that prevented PC gaming for several weeks. Hopefully it abates soon.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2014 03:25 PM
Stealth Moose is currently offline Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Is this game better than DC Universe Online? Just wondering if I should take a crack at it.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2014 07:12 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astor Ebligis
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Gaaben
And here I figured everyone realized it was summer and bailed on the game entirely - then I find this message in my mailbox from a month ago pointing to this (I thought it was from an npc, so never read it).

Let me know when(if) you guys are back in the game - I've got Gaaben in a different guild atm, but my other 8 are still in infinitium. Also, I'm going to need invites for my imps if you're going to be running there.

Sweet, I sent you a PM just in case you're not logged on when you read this.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2014 10:07 AM
Gaaben

Originally posted by Stoic
Is this game better than DC Universe Online? Just wondering if I should take a crack at it.

I think it's a lot better, but I've been playing swtor for a while now and really only played dcuo when the swtor servers were down. Also as a preferred status player (1 step up from f2p) I've gotten most of the unlocks, so my gameplay is almost the same as subs - even if my drop rate sucks compared to them.

I see f2p as "hard mode", bc you have to earn *everything* - even the ability to hide your helm or unify colors. If you're f2p, you can't mail items out. That's the one thing I've seen that you can't just buy an unlock for that would really put a hamper on how I play, but I do have a single toon on some servers who do nothing but farm (as far as crew skills) and they do pretty well (artifact auth, a few escrow cards in storage and capped credits). It's just that they have to buy everything they use instead of 1 toon crafting a bunch of stuff and sending it to another. If you're going to play like that, I strongly suggest shadow, assassin, scoundrel or operative bc stealth make farming nodes oh so much easier.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2014 11:58 AM
COG Veteran
Teh GrOovY 1

So... I sh*tcanned Infinitium for an RP-ing GSF guild. Sorry guys lol.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2014 06:26 PM