KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Halo 5: Guardians

Halo 5: Guardians
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tzeentch
#gottem

Well, we ended up beating the campaign on legendary in ~5 1/2 hours, so I guess you guys are a bunch of apologist shitters.

The MP is pretty fun (though hilariously incomplete), but I'm pretty glad I didn't drop the cash on getting a 'bone just for this. I'll probably scoop it up when it's 20 bucks off with all the DLC and features that should have been available day-one bundled in.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Last edited by Tzeentch on Nov 10th, 2015 at 05:19 AM

Old Post Nov 10th, 2015 05:15 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Playing coop sounds fun. Doing solo runs on harder difficulties is awful. fireteams Osiris and Blue team are dumber than regular marines. And that is saying something

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Nov 10th, 2015 12:20 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Yeeep. Had to have patience of steel when it came to solo legend because of that. Plenty of times I would have to get up and do something else for a couple minutes while waiting for the team to respawn, as the best thing they could do usually was help distract a Warden or something. Occasionally they could make use of something like an incineration cannon or fuel rod if I ordered one to pick it up, but didn't do much with a sniper or anything else.

My experience with them wasn't really worse than the marines though. Halo's AI in general has always been rather dumb, but being able to order them around at least made it somewhat more tolerable, I guess.

Apologist? laughing out loud Overall, while the game's still fun, it won't really be a system seller by any means. That time for Halo is past if they keep handling it the way they do now, at least at launch. Heard some stuff like Forge would later be a DLC, but that kind of shit should've been in at launch. Already took a bit of a break from the game with the state it's in currently.

Last edited by Ridley_Prime on Nov 10th, 2015 at 03:02 PM

Old Post Nov 10th, 2015 02:59 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

BtB and Forge is coming out in December, right? Is there any dlc planned for next year that we know about?

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Nov 10th, 2015 03:20 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Free DLC maps and stuff I think.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Nov 10th, 2015 04:36 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

All maps are free.

Playing by myself, I took about 8 hours to beat it on normal. AngryJoe played it on Normal with friends. Of course it's going to take less time than somebody solo'ing it.

Also, I call bullshit that he didn't know it was splitscreen. For somebody that is part of the gaming scenes, I find it ****ing hilarious that he did not know splitscreen was taken out. For somebody who gets up on his soapbox about ethics in publishers, I find it incredibly suspect that he found out splitscreen was taken out by playing the game and trying to set it up. It's misleading. As well, he's being an idiot that he things MS is trying to sell more consoles by removing. If this was the only company that doesn't do splitscreen, I might believe a bit of that but they are not. Splitscreen has been taken out of games for years for the exact reason MS has said. Does this make it right? No. I loved splitscreen with my friends while playing the Gears series.

Overall, with 5-10 hour campaign length that works well with co-op and works well with repeat playthroughs, a arena mode, a new Warzone mode and free DLC for at least 6 months....more than worth the price.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2015 06:51 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Like others have suspected with some of his videos, I think Joe was prolly playing the ol' bait & switch card when it came to claiming he didn't know that split screen was taken out... There's no way someone as big as in the gaming scene as him could not of known beforehand that it was taken out. It would've been better (on his part) if he had ranted about it before the game was out instead of acting like he only knew about it now.

p.s. Oddly enough, at least split screen is something I can complement the current Battlefront for having when they could've easily excluded it for the same reasons this game did.

Last edited by Ridley_Prime on Nov 20th, 2015 at 11:59 PM

Old Post Nov 20th, 2015 11:51 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yeah, I never really noticed but your absolutely right regarding Angry Joe and bait switching with the Halo 5 review. If he didn't know, why are we watching reviews by him because he clearly doesn't know anything. And if he did, it's totally unethical on what he did during that review. Normally I wouldn't care too much but he makes a name for himself for blasting the "video game industry" for the same behaviour.

I suspect that Halo 5 splitscreen was removed because of the dynamic FPS adjustment it does. I might be completely wrong, but with two independent viewpoints, they would need to have both screens adjusted automatically because the resolution changes depending on the action that is taking place. And because 4 people could be doing different things, the FPS could be different for each person. I'm guessing though. They could just limit all screens for 30FPS and less resolution but people would be complaining that.

In the end, it sucks.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2015 01:35 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

I hate this game. Worst game of the year, IMO.

Stop trying to fix what isn't broken.

Lol at Micro-Transactions, in any console game, ever.

I refuse to buy a console game that uses Micro-Transactions, thats where mobile games shine, let it stay that way.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Nov 21st, 2015 03:43 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Why do you hate it?

What games have you played this year?

Old Post Nov 21st, 2015 04:43 AM
Jmanghan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smasandian
Why do you hate it?

What games have you played this year?
Because they're trying to change what isn't broken, do what is being done with the Arkham series, add NEW mechanics instead of taking away old ones.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2015 08:37 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

***ING SPOILER TAGS YOU ****ING IDIOT!!!!

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2015 09:47 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

I didn't even get to play Halo 5 yet and that would've surprised the heck out of me! You ruined the campaign for everyone reading your post. Hope you're proud of yourself, jackass.

Pardon the half hour gap between posts as I was SEATHING WITH RAGE.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Nov 21st, 2015 at 10:20 AM

Old Post Nov 21st, 2015 10:12 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Nemesis X
I didn't even get to play Halo 5 yet and that would've surprised the heck out of me! You ruined the campaign for everyone reading your post. Hope you're proud of yourself, jackass.

Pardon the half hour gap between posts as I was SEATHING WITH RAGE.
I'm sorry I spoiled the single cutscene for you, I'll make sure it doesn't happen again.

But really, why are you even in here looking over 4 pages of posts if you haven't played the game yet? Just a playful thought.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2015 11:44 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Doesn't mean I can't come in to see what everybody's opinion is. Game's not even a whole month old yet and you're spouting that? There are spoiler tags for a reason!

Last edited by Nemesis X on Nov 21st, 2015 at 12:13 PM

Old Post Nov 21st, 2015 12:08 PM
Jmanghan

Doesn't mean I can't come in to see what everybody's opinion is. Game's not even a whole month old yet and you're spouting that? There are spoiler tags for a reason!
Not when you aren't posting from a computer there aren't. I doubt this is gonna be the last time something like this happens to you, sorry dude.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2015 12:19 PM
Impediment
Endless

***ING SPOILER TAGS YOU ****ING IDIOT!!!!

Spoiler post has been deleted.

There is no excuse for not using spoiler tags; it's just common courtesy.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Nov 21st, 2015 12:25 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by Jmanghan
Because they're trying to change what isn't broken, do what is being done with the Arkham series, add NEW mechanics instead of taking away old ones.

What mechanics were removed?

Also, the Arkham series is not even 10 years old (I think 5ish) while Halo has been out for almost 15 years. Times change.

Unless you want to go back to the original where every corridor is the same through each level.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2015 07:02 PM
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Smasandian
What mechanics were removed?

Also, the Arkham series is not even 10 years old (I think 5ish) while Halo has been out for almost 15 years. Times change.

Unless you want to go back to the original where every corridor is the same through each level.
Halo 1 and 2 had better level design, yeah.

Wide open spaces is not good for a shooter.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2015 10:12 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

No it didn't. Halo is considered to be one of the worst designed games in terms of levels. Why do you think the Library level has always been labelled as one of the worst in any game. Hell, some of the levels repeat but you go back in another direction.

Halo 5 has probably some of the best level design in the series. Wide open spaces are amazing. I have no idea why you think that.

But back to my original question, what did they remove from Halo 5?

Old Post Nov 21st, 2015 11:00 PM