KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Halo 5: Guardians

Halo 5: Guardians
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Warden Eternal is such an eye gouging experience. It's no wonder the Didact in Halo 4 didn't have a boss battle. 343 Industries sucks at it.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2016 01:30 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yeah, the last battle is brutal especially doing it solo. The game saved at a spot where everybody in my team died and it was literally impossible for me to revive them because of the boss.

But I do think the SP campaign is probably the best in the series. The level design is far ahead of anything Bungie has ever done. And the movement controls freshen up the game a fair bit.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2016 03:06 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

That's exactly what happened to me. On solo legendary, the final battle came down to just one Warden. My checkpoint was activated right as he swung his sword at my remaining two teammates at the same time. If that didn't make matters worse, four promethean turrets would spawn. So here I am, practically without ammo, all this shit happening at once and the heavy weapons are across the room. I would stun the Warden with a rush attack and revive the others as a means to buy me some time while I get the weapons but if that didn't work, yolo it. You can imagine the results so I had to restart the whole damn level.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2016 05:05 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yeah, that's probably the only real weak part of the campaign.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2016 05:12 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smasandian
Unless you want to go back to the original where every corridor is the same through each level.

That's what I hated about CE every time replaying it, especially Assault on the Control Room and Two Betrayals. Recycled rooms everywhere. (there was the Library that you mentioned too, but I didn't think it was that bad in comparison)

But yeah, the likes of the original was far from having the best level design, despite the nostalgia glasses some might have for it. As for wide open spaces vs corridors, it depends on the shooter series as to which is more preferable, but I think the former feels more right for Halo.

Originally posted by Nemesis X
Warden Eternal is such an eye gouging experience. It's no wonder the Didact in Halo 4 didn't have a boss battle. 343 Industries sucks at it.

Still would've liked if we had gotten one from the Didact. At least he would've only had one body, as it wasn't implied he had multiple like the Warden... Sorry you had to restart that level.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2016 08:27 PM
Ridley_Prime is online now! Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: I don't buy Cortana and all AIs to be the Reclaimer foretold by the Forerunners. Guilty Spark and the Librarian would address Chief as such even when Cortana wasn't on his person so clearly the Warden is manipulating her to be this prophesized bringer of peace and is only pretending she's in charge (as if the orange glow off him hinting Didact influence wasn't clear enough). Otherwise Halo lore is confusing at this point.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2016 05:55 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

When is "lore" ever clear?

Old Post Jan 8th, 2016 06:00 PM
Tzeentch
#gottem

Before the third game, which started the descent into convoluted "you are the demons!" horseshit.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jan 8th, 2016 08:44 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

That's kind of my point though. The more and more games, books, movie and comics come out for any series, the "lore" become incredibly convoluted because 99% of the time the stories are not created with it mind.

Is their any series that this isn't the case? Maybe Harry Potter?

Old Post Jan 9th, 2016 01:24 AM
Jmanghan

If you want my opinion on this game, just take in mind, in terms of this game itself, I agree with every last thing that Angry Joe has said about it.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Jan 17th, 2016 10:44 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

That review was bullshit and misleading.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2016 12:13 AM
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Smasandian
That review was bullshit and misleading.

In what way? Enlighten me.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2016 02:27 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by Jmanghan
If you want my opinion on this game, just take in mind, in terms of this game itself, I agree with every last thing that Angry Joe has said about it.

Really? You agree with everything? Even the part with the length of the campaign on easy/normal difficulty? Your complaint is you're a casual player and this scripted, linear story mode doesn't satisfy your need to mow through enemies quicker but still have a long adventure. Sure blame the game for your choices.

Oh no! The game is bridging Halo 4 and 6 and they left 5 off with a cliffhanger! Boohoo!

Old Post Jan 18th, 2016 02:30 AM
Tzeentch
#gottem

If you can beat it on legendary in under 6 hours then it's too short.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jan 18th, 2016 02:32 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

No, it doesn't have the appeal of Chief and his new team through-out most of the story.

They mislead us as well, making us think there would be this huge climax between Chief and Locke.

Also, one of the main selling points for Halo, the co-op, the splitscreen multiplayer, all gone.

The Multiplayer was on par with Halo 4 at best.

The story, who is Locke and why do I care about him?

Why should I care about this nobody? Why should I care about him half as much as I do Chief? I grew up with Master Chief and Cortana, and they are bringing unwanted twists to both their stories.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2016 02:34 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by Tzeentch
If you can beat it on legendary in under 6 hours then it's too short.

On solo?

Old Post Jan 18th, 2016 02:35 AM
Jmanghan

If you're like me, and only buy Halo for Chief, Cortana and Co-Op/Splitscreen Multiplayer, you are gonna hate this game, you just aren't gonna like it.

What's worse is, I have a feeling that Chief is gonna get killed off and then Locke is gonna be our new protagonist, permanently.

Like, the Arbiter, he was far more interesting, he had depth, and we already knew a lot about him pre-Halo 2. Whereas Locke just shows up and we get one single scene where he's acting like a bad-ass, and then nothing like that ever happens again.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2016 02:40 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by Jmanghan
No, it doesn't have the appeal of Chief and his new team through-out most of the story.

Blue Team had very few chapters, true, but Chief's presence was still there.

quote:
They mislead us as well, making us think there would be this huge climax between Chief and Locke.

Also, one of the main selling points for Halo, the co-op, the splitscreen multiplayer, all gone.

On these we can agree on.

quote:
The Multiplayer was on par with Halo 4 at best.

Give me one mode in 4 that's comparable to the new, refreshing Warzone in 5. Also the common Arena matches aren't like Halo 4's matchmaking where you customize to have a ghey load out with nothing but plasma pistols and plasma grenades.

quote:
The story, who is Locke and why do I care about him?

Why should I care about this nobody? Why should I care about him half as much as I do Chief? I grew up with Master Chief and Cortana, and they are bringing unwanted twists to both their stories.

Same can be said for the Arbiter in Halo 2 who took more focus in the story than Chief did and everyone loves him. Even you. So come Halo 6, people will be appreciating Locke just as much.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2016 03:26 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

The multiplayer in this game is damn good. There is arena, forge, warzone with big team battle back and other things as well. As well, it took me about 8-10 hours on normal to beat the game and I didn't really try to find all the collectibles. That was solo.

But in regards to Angry Joe? There is a scene where he and his friend put the disc in and notice that there isn't any splitscreen and then ***** about it. First, 343 have been telling fans that splitscreen is not in the game (probably because of the dynamic framerate thingy) and they have been saying that for months......so I highly ****ing doubt AngryJoe did not know about the lack of splitscreen considering a. he makes money talking about games b. huge Halo fan. So that scenes is complete bullshit and fake and considering AngryJoe makes a "name" for himself by bitching about companies, he is doing the exact same shit as they are. Or, he literally didn't know and that means, why the **** are we taking it seriously.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2016 04:45 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Still not getting the dislike for Locke as a character. A bit static right now maybe, sure, but perfectly serviceable for the series, especially if Nightfall is anything to go by.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2016 10:59 AM
Ridley_Prime is online now! Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote