KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Halo 5: Guardians

Halo 5: Guardians
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 4 5 [6]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

People are having the same conversation about Locke that they had during Halo 2.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2016 01:13 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Blue Team had very few chapters, true, but Chief's presence was still there.

On these we can agree on.

Give me one mode in 4 that's comparable to the new, refreshing Warzone in 5. Also the common Arena matches aren't like Halo 4's matchmaking where you customize to have a ghey load out with nothing but plasma pistols and plasma grenades.

Same can be said for the Arbiter in Halo 2 who took more focus in the story than Chief did and everyone loves him. Even you. So come Halo 6, people will be appreciating Locke just as much.
The Arbiter grew as a character through-out 2, and the role of Arbiter was already established in the lore before Halo 2.

Locke is just some punk kid who thinks he's in Chief's league, and he's also boring as hell.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Jan 19th, 2016 12:19 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Your ****ing lying.

Arbiter showed up in Halo 2. He wasn't established. It was supposed to be a secret that you play as a secondary character. I have no idea why you think he was established before Halo 2 because he wasn't.

As well, people had the same bitches and complaints when Raiden was a more part of Sons of Liberty. Now, people love him.

Locke would probably follow the same suit as those two characters.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2016 01:44 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Locke and his background was also fairly established in the lore before Halo 5; a badass mercenary and whatnot before he became a spartan. I prefer Arbiter more too, but by Halo character standards he's still likable enough, whether he's actually on par with Chief or not. Depending on how Halo 6 turns out, Locke will probably grow more by then, regardless.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2016 01:52 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Smasandian
Your ****ing lying.

Arbiter showed up in Halo 2. He wasn't established. It was supposed to be a secret that you play as a secondary character. I have no idea why you think he was established before Halo 2 because he wasn't.

As well, people had the same bitches and complaints when Raiden was a more part of Sons of Liberty. Now, people love him.

Locke would probably follow the same suit as those two characters.
Wasn't Arbiter mentioned in Halo 1?

Old Post Jan 19th, 2016 02:30 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

The Arbiter was completely nonexistent until Halo 2 happened. So no. He was not.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2016 02:46 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Locke and his background was also fairly established in the lore before Halo 5; a badass mercenary and whatnot before he became a spartan. I prefer Arbiter more too, but by Halo character standards he's still likable enough, whether he's actually on par with Chief or not. Depending on how Halo 6 turns out, Locke will probably grow more by then, regardless.

Probably. Just like how Raiden and Arbitar grew on people after initial shock.

I didn't mind him. Personally, I never really thought Master Chief was that great of a character aside from his badassary.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2016 04:20 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Much as I have to criticize 343 Industries over how they treat Halo sometimes, you gotta give them credit advancing Chief to be this more outspoken character against his high ranking superiors like Del Rio if the orders given prove stupid. That's always satisfying to witness.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Jan 19th, 2016 at 06:29 PM

Old Post Jan 19th, 2016 06:24 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Yep. They gave Chief more character/development than Bungie ever did, I felt.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2016 07:57 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Yep. They gave Chief more character/development than Bungie ever did, I felt.
Yet we cared about him a lot more when Bungie was running the show.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2016 11:02 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

What was there about him to really care about in the first three games, compared to now? He hardly had personal struggles or anything then, the way he has with Halo 4 and onward. He feels a bit more human now, despite still fitting the mold for the typical stoic one-liner badass protagonist.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2016 02:23 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yep. The first game he had nothing. It was only from Halo 2 that we knew very little about him and it wasn't that great.

I don't know why people think Master Chief is the amazing, fully detailed character. He is not. He's just a guy with a gun. It was only until Halo 4 when he started to have some sort of personality.

It's the same with Gordon Freeman.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2016 12:41 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

So, the new Warzone Firefight mode is actually good. Like a surprisingly good reason to come back to this game. If there's one thing this game could be getting more praise for, it's all the free DLC. I mean after all the paid DLC of the previous Halo's for map packs, etc, am just still amazed that all this decent additional content is actually free. Props to 343 for that.

Yeah, you can argue or say that Halo 5 was somewhat of an incomplete game at launch, but now it's got all that I could've wanted from it a year ago... Just hope Halo 6 doesn't make that same initial mistake, whenever it happens.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2016 07:56 PM